Mosquitoes at Ft Wilderness?

First all biting bugs love me. Second I am extremely allergic. While I find the fort has less mosquitoes than usual I still get bit. Mathis trip right now only a few bites. When I was here in May and September,wow different story. I was bit up. I think in May it may have been sand fleas, but seriously bit up and needed Allegra and special steroidal cream to stop the itching.

Just a warning for those who have the sweet blood.

Ft Wilderness used to use some very effective/toxic sprays (You would often hear them coming through the loops during the night); but now they must use an Environmentally-Friendly solution which is not keeping the fort "Bug Free". Long story short, from now on, don't forget to pack the "OFF".

2 trips, one in June and the other in November and no bug problems. I agree that weather can be a factor, perhaps the extra rain this year contributed to it? If so, it didn't show in November when we were there.

I've never had a real problem with Mosquitos, and I've been to the fort in almost every month of the year.

My problem is the yellow (deer) flies. I was almost eaten alive a few years ago and my reaction was so bad, I looked diseased.

Never again in May or June. I tried last June and didn't get a bite, but I was very careful not to stay outside too long and put on Deep Woods Off as a preventative. My husband got a bite though.

We were just there (3 weeks in December) and thanks to the rains we got bitten from time to time. Every day a spray truck went by but we never saw him spraying. Tiki torch type things are not allowed so I would suggest some spray if you plan to be sitting our a lot or sitting on the beach at night to watch the fireworks.

We were at the Fort last April into May and our ankles got bit a lot by the invisible "noseems" . Now I must say they really itch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter