Mosquitoes 🦟??

AprilsZoo

Why worry?
:wave2: guys! It feels like forever since I’ve been to the parks. Finally, next week, I’m headed back to the ✨magic✨! I’ve been practically jumping up & down like a little girl :mickeyjum, & doing the happy dance:banana:.

I’m hoping to get some feedback from those of you who have visited recently. In my experience, it’s been really rare that we’ve noticed mosquitoes in the parks. But, I know this year, they are a problem in many areas in the US— including SoCal.…

So, has anyone noticed many mosquitoes in the parks? I just wanna be prepared with mosquito repellant, if they are proliferating there.

DH & I must be getting sweet in our old age, lol… because, man, given half a chance, the buggers try to eat us alive! But hey, if I need to bring repellant & calamine, I don’t care— because we’re going to
DISNEYLAND :earsgirl::earsboy:!!!!
Thanks!

I’m not sure if they were mosquitoes but I did get bit by something on Sep 25th when I was there. I had 3 bites on my leg. I would bring repellent just in case!

I didn't have any mosquito bites 2 weeks ago, nor did I see anything bitey, even around standing-ish water (pond on Big Thunder Trail, for instance, watching the turtles and fish).

I didn't see mosquitos, but was getting bit by something on my legs while watching the parade last night in DCA. I assumed it was mosquitos, but I never saw the culprit!

I didn't have any issues specifically at Disneyland, but I live in southern California and am getting eaten alive every time I go to work. I've started wearing a natural mosquito repellent everywhere I go.

There are these new type of mosquitos l. They’re tiny and look more like a fruit fly but they aren’t. They bite and leave an itchy spot. If you’re getting bit by something that feels like a mosquito but don’t see them then it’s probably one of the new ones.

Mosquitoes are a problem in several parts of OC right now. I know the county vector control sprays widely for them when they start becoming a problem in any given area. I think Disneyland also has their own pest control so they aren't a major issue there, BUT we have had some unusual heavy rains over the last month and that can lead to increased mosquito breeding areas. Disneyland, in particular, suffers from drainage issues so standing water from Sundays storm can be causing more mosquitos this week. Bringing repellent and spraying at least your legs would be wise, as these are the "ankle biter" variety of mosquitos.

Last edited:
This week's storms are quite rare for LA, I can't remember the last time I saw hail at DLR

It's not uncommon to get hail with winter storms here, in fact it's pretty common. But, the timing of these storms is indeed unusual. Usually we are dealing with hot, dry Santa Ana conditions this time of year.

Just back from a 4 day trip last week. Mosquitoes LOVE me, I live in Florida so there is rarely a time when I don't have at least a few bites! I got NOTHING the entire time at Disneyland. So refreshing!

What also helps is that Disneyland's (and World) water features are always flowing. No standing water = no mosquitos :thumbsup2

Have also heard they spray a faint garlic scent throughout plants and features to help with deterring them as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter