Morimoto's

charminnie

Mouseketeer
Has anyone eaten at Morimoto's or Morimoto's street food? What did you get? Did you enjoy it?

Loved Morimoto's in March. So much, we ate there twice during our trip. Ribs & duck were amazing (ordered at both dinners). Sushi & pork belly baos were good too.

We ate there in July and for us, it was just okay. We would go other places over Morimoto. The boys both had sushi and said it was very good. For entrees we had fried rice/pork belly bao buns, orange chicken, short ribs and sea bass. The short ribs were the best entree on the table. And beware - the Sea Bass comes out as a whole fish - blech.

We enjoyed our experience. The standouts were the dumplings and the ramen bowl-- the broth was so good, I wished I could drink it!

We had an amazing experience at Morimoto's last December.

The Pork Egg Rolls were the best I have ever had anywhere. The Orange Chicken was also very good.

The thing that really stood out was the service. Our waitress was awesome and the busboy was one of the best we've had anywhere. They both really seemed to enjoy working there. We will be eating there again this December and hoping to duplicate the experience.

We had a brief experience at the Morimoto bar, but loved it. Had an outstanding sake sampler and the best ribs I've ever had so we were sold!

We've been three times, and the food has been good, service solid. Of particular note is the buri bop. It's a lovely presentation done table side. The server brings a large, clay bowl of sticky rice with aromatic elements such as coriander, ginger, et.al, along with veggies that have been cooked in the rice. Laid across the top of the rice are a few slices of yellow tail tuna which cover a raw egg. The server then takes the slices of fish and places them on the side of the bowl which is piping hot which, in turn, cooks the fish slightly. As the fish cooks--about a minute--the server mixes the egg into the rice (which is also very hot) which, therefore, cooks the eggs. Once thoroughly mixed, the server takes each slice of fish and lays them back onto the steaming rice. Not only is this 2-minute process a bit of fun, but the various facets of the dish work so well together--the brightness of the rice contrasts nicely with the unctuousness of the egg, both of which are perfect accompaniments to the buttery-like fish. It's a sublime dish. Pair it with your favorite white (they have a very good Torrontes I love to pair with the meal--it has a hint of lavender and bright acidity that go well with all the components).

We've been three times, and the food has been good, service solid. Of particular note is the buri bop. It's a lovely presentation done table side. The server brings a large, clay bowl of sticky rice with aromatic elements such as coriander, ginger, et.al, along with veggies that have been cooked in the rice. Laid across the top of the rice are a few slices of yellow tail tuna which cover a raw egg. The server then takes the slices of fish and places them on the side of the bowl which is piping hot which, in turn, cooks the fish slightly. As the fish cooks--about a minute--the server mixes the egg into the rice (which is also very hot) which, therefore, cooks the eggs. Once thoroughly mixed, the server takes each slice of fish and lays them back onto the steaming rice. Not only is this 2-minute process a bit of fun, but the various facets of the dish work so well together--the brightness of the rice contrasts nicely with the unctuousness of the egg, both of which are perfect accompaniments to the buttery-like fish. It's a sublime dish. Pair it with your favorite white (they have a very good Torrontes I love to pair with the meal--it has a hint of lavender and bright acidity that go well with all the components).
Your description of how they make their buri bop just sold me on adding it to our departure brunch. Arigato!:cool:.

The ribs and the Buribop are must dos. The duck is also outstanding as well as the ramen bowls and pork belly buns. Oh and the sushi too.

Sensing a trend here..............good thing we have a ADR here in 28 days!

Last edited:
The ribs and the Buribop are must dos. The duck is also outstanding as well as the ramen bowls and pork belly buns. Oh and the sushi too.

Sensing a tread here..............good thing we have a ADR here in 28 days!
There are 5 of us going in July. Hopefully we'll get to try all the dishes that are making me salivate once we arrive;).

Last edited:
There are 5 of us going in July. Hopefully we'll all get to try all the dishes that are making me salivate once we arrive;).

Yeah, this has become our new "traditional" last night meal at WDW. This time we will be with my parents and plan on ordering "everything" and sharing family style. My DD's 15 and 13 absolutely love Morimoto's. And they like the expensive stuff. Good thing Grandpa's buying!

Your description of how they make their buri bop just sold me on adding it to our departure brunch. Arigato!:cool:.
It sounded delicious the first time we visited, so we tried it and were delighted with both the presentation and taste. The rice is quite fragrant, loaded with herbs and spices (not heat, though), and since the fish is cooked so quickly, there's almost no chance of it being overdone. Once the yolk mixes in with rice, it becomes so very unctuous and almost risotto-like. It's a subtle dish but delivers a huge flavor.

Sensing a trend here..............good thing we have a ADR here in 28 days!
The duck is excellent! And, I wish we were going there in 28 days. . .

I'd really like to eat here but I'm nervous given various reviews for attempts at dining here gluten-free and my husband has Celiac disease (plus is very sensitive to cross contamination as well as actual gluten ingestion). Has anyone had a good experience at this restaurant while dining gluten free?

Morimoto was amazing. I ordered a second order of sushi it was so good. My entree was the burribop bowl or whatever it’s called and it was the best meal I’d had all trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter