• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Morimoto must haves?

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Based on everyone’s recommendations I had the ribs from Morimoto street food last trip. Now we are going to sit down in the restaurant. Of course I will be ordering the ribs but what are other must haves from there?

I love Morimoto! Making me hungry. Go-to/famous menu items:
  • Shumai - Appetizer. Authentic, presented in bamboo basket just like at real dim sum restaurants.
  • Peking Duck - This is the hanging duck that you see in windows. They come with little tortillas so you get to assemble your own "tacos" with duck (it's pre-cut for you), sides, and sauce. Meant to share with the fam.
  • Chow Fun - This is fried rice. Some ingredients rotate - like right now it looks like they're using clams. The last time we went in Feb 2022 they had pork belly if I recall correctly.
  • Morimoto Buri-Bop - Really filling dish so it's a great one to share. This is SOOOOO good. Waiters recommend it - we finally got it in Feb 2022 and it didn't disappoint. Made table side in a hot clay pot. Waiter gets to assemble the ingredients for you and make the dish table side. They leave the clay pot so it continues cooking. Highly recommend.
Other dishes, not necessarily I think what makes the restaurant "famous," but solid choices.
  • Ramen - All are great. Not sure if they're "known" for this, but someone usually orders ramen and it's fantastic.
  • Sushi/sashimi/rolls

You really can't go wrong here! Never had space for dessert, but now that I'm looking at the menu, the churro fondue sounds fantastic.

I love Morimoto! Making me hungry. Go-to/famous menu items:
  • Shumai - Appetizer. Authentic, presented in bamboo basket just like at real dim sum restaurants.
  • Peking Duck - This is the hanging duck that you see in windows. They come with little tortillas so you get to assemble your own "tacos" with duck (it's pre-cut for you), sides, and sauce. Meant to share with the fam.
  • Chow Fun - This is fried rice. Some ingredients rotate - like right now it looks like they're using clams. The last time we went in Feb 2022 they had pork belly if I recall correctly.
  • Morimoto Buri-Bop - Really filling dish so it's a great one to share. This is SOOOOO good. Waiters recommend it - we finally got it in Feb 2022 and it didn't disappoint. Made table side in a hot clay pot. Waiter gets to assemble the ingredients for you and make the dish table side. They leave the clay pot so it continues cooking. Highly recommend.
Other dishes, not necessarily I think what makes the restaurant "famous," but solid choices.
  • Ramen - All are great. Not sure if they're "known" for this, but someone usually orders ramen and it's fantastic.
  • Sushi/sashimi/rolls

You really can't go wrong here! Never had space for dessert, but now that I'm looking at the menu, the churro fondue sounds fantastic.
Wow thank you I have heard the Buri Bop is great and I would love the duck but unfortunately it’s just me and my wife and she won’t eat it LOL

Oh yeah - duck for two is too much. Well you could do it, but it would just be that and you might have to take some home with you. The Buri-Bop would be amazing for you two to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter