Morimoto Asia Omakase?

Mrtommorrow1987

Earning My Ears
Anyone else get the run around with Morimoto Asia while trying to book their Omakase dinner? I called to book and they didn’t want to take my reservation.

i booked directly through the website. i received a phone call 1-2 days after to confirm. try that approach

@Mrtommorrow1987 You can call 407-842-7128 to reach bookkeeping directly which is where the site gives you a callback number from. The first one I booked I had to deal with uninfomed CMs at the Morimoto Asia podium a few times before I got through.

You can request one of 3 chefs

Yuhi Fujinaga - Japanaese with French and Hawaiian influence (warning on this one if you really really dislike your dislikes, he will try to make them in a way that you like them, he succeeded with me)
Alex Munkhbilguun - Contemporary Japanese
Chef Ikei (spelling, sounds like eekay) - Cantoneese

I can dig up my post with sample menus i received if you'd like?

Last edited:
I would love to see your sample menu. Update: They finally took my deposit (lol) but reported they would call me back if they needed to change the date.

@Mrtommorrow1987

I've dined with both Yuhi (5/9/18) and Ikei (12/10/18) and have Alex slated for 11/15/19 after that I am planning on doing an in depth Omakase post with pictures and the menus I had with each of my visits after my November visit.

Here's what I had with Chef Yuhi (May)
  • Tri Color Pole Bean Salad, Wasabi Creme Fraiche, Ikura, Bottarga (this was included because I listed that I didn't like green beans and he wanted to try to get me to like them)
  • Botan Ebi Carpaccio, Heirloom Tomato, shaved vegetables, tonburi vinegarette
  • Sushi Course (Kohada, Engawa, Chu Toro, Shima Aji, Isaki)
  • Otsukuri (each course served separately)
    • Madai, Spanish Olive Oil, Madai Roe
    • Aji, Caviar Salt, Key Lime, Balinese Pepper
    • Kusshi Oyster, Sakura Mignonette
    • Saba, Sandita, Matsumae Konbu
    • Cherry Wood Smoked O-Toro, Hawaiian Black Lava Salt
  • Kanpachi and Foie Gras Dashi, Elderberry Blossoms
  • Hokkaido Scallop in its Shell with Black Bean Sauce
  • Lobster Kami-Nabe, Lobster Red Miso, Nappa Cabbage, Hon Shimeji, Bamboo
  • Spring Ramp Rice Porridge (basically was like ramp risotto), Roasted Miso Glazed Faroe Island Salmon Belly
  • Yuzu Honey Gelato, Tempura Honey Comb, Yuzu Honey Soda
And Chef Ikei (December)
  • Assorted Chinese Appetizers
    • Peking Duck,
    • Crispy Pork Belly with quince jam,
    • Raw Shaoxing Rice Wine Pickled Head on Ebi
    • Poached Szechuan Chicken with Spicy Chili Crisp
  • Sashimi Chinese Style (Rice Noodles, Red Onion, Cilantro, Fried Wonton Strips, Baby Greens, Soy, Snapper)
  • Assorted Dim Sum (Fish shaped dumpling [no joke, looked like a koi including coloring], Spinach Dumpling, Kung Pao Chicken Dumpling
  • Shantang Soup with Fried Dumplings
  • Peking Duck Traditional Style
  • Stir Fry A5 Wagyu, XO Sauce, Peppers, Mushrooms
  • Crab Thick Sauce (Barely Congealed Egg Whites flecked with King Crab, wouldn't get again) with steamed vegetables
  • Crispy Rice Seafood with Starchy Sauce
  • Pu-erh Jelly, Pu-erh Crisp, Sweet Lotus Paste Bao (shaped like a hedgehog)

Last edited:
I would love to see your sample menu. Update: They finally took my deposit (lol) but reported they would call me back if they needed to change the date.

They needed to change my date or my chef on my last visit as I requested Yuhi on my latest reservation but he was out at an event that day, but that was still 3 months out.

I opted to keep the same date but with a new chef and I'm glad I did.

Thanks which menu did you prefer?

@Mrtommorrow1987 Tough to say, there were courses that one did better over the other. Doing it for the first time I would definitely recommend Yuhi, super approachable with questions, quite talkative and explanatory, and pleasantly casual yet still professional. Ikei was very quiet but still personable if I had questions about a dish.

There was only one miss of a dish between the both of them for me which was the Ebi Carpaccio and Crab Thick Sauce for Ikei.

As far as highly memorable dished I came away with 3 from Yuhi (Kanpachi/Foie Dashi, Kuishi Oyster with Sakura Mignonette, Faroe Island Salmon Belly with Ramp Rice Porridge) and 3 from Ikei (Assorted Appetizers, Assorted Dim Sum, Pu-erh Dessert sans the Bao which I didnt love flavor wise)

Yuhi more closely followed the Kaiseki course pattern while Ikei's was more of a cantonese food tasting, at least that was a vibe I got from it, and certainly there was nothing wrong with that. If you are a dumpling fan definitely go with Ikei, the Sushi bar waitress who does all of the Omakase drink orders and the GM who came up to see how everything was going both stated he was the "dumpling master" of the establishment and it definitely showed with the Shangtang Soup and Assorted Dim Sum. We also had some of the staff up there periodically checking out what he Ikei doing because he seldom does Omakase and is usually on the line.

It also depends on what your plans are afterwards, I felt over-full from Yuhi's where I was able to head over to MK for after hours after Ikei's and traverse the park with only a mild over-full feeling which subsided after walking a bit but that also likely depends on the contents of the menu you receive. Towards the end Yuhi's french training/influence (he mentioned he trained under both Iron Chef French (Japan's) Hiroyuki Sakai before training under Morimoto) started to show through both the Scallops, Kami Nabe, and Ramp Porridge contained quite a bit of butter and there was loads of Ramp Porridge left and we were able to have seconds which was likely the major cause of the over-fullness.

It is the single best value fine dining experience in all of WDW, They could be charging $250 instead of $150 and I would still book it without hesitation. Its more casual yet oddly more intimate than Victoria and Albert's as the Chef's are cooking less than 3-4 feet from you for the majority of the meal.

Another nice option is if you have only a few people in your party ordering the omakase menu you can have the others in the reservation order from the regular menu a la carte while you enjoy Omakase but they can still be up there with you at the Sushi bar and they will try to pace the courses.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response. I'm excited for the meal. I'm really more looking forward to a Japanese Omakase course. I'm a huge fan fresh fish and simple flavors.

Thanks for your response. I'm excited for the meal. I'm really more looking forward to a Japanese Omakase course. I'm a huge fan fresh fish and simple flavors.

I would definitely request Alex then. Yuhi said that he was the one to go to for a Sushi/Sashimi focused Omakase, Alex actually made the Sushi course for the Omakase I had with Yuhi because Yuhi said he hates making Sushi as he has to be so precise.

We went this past Sunday our menu was: Our Chef was Alex. We did the wine pairing as well (all wines/sakes were very good). Although when she said an extra $150 for the wine pairing I thought she meant $150 total she actually meant $150 x 2. I was relieved when she only charges us a $100 each ($200 total) instead of $300.

Tuna Tartar with Dashi mixed Soy Sauce and 3 different sauces
Raw Oyster 3 ways- Oyster with Caviar x 2 and then a Oyster with Sea Urchin
Whipped Tofu covered in a white truffle shaving
Sushi Course- Otouro , Red Snapper, Barracuda, Sea Bass, Mackeral, and Touro with Caviar
Soup Course- Turtle Soup with Japanese Sausage, Shiitake mushrooms, and Bok Choy
Fish Course- Split main lobster Tail grilled with Japanese seasonings
Fish Course- Slow braised Salmon in soy glaze
Desert- Pannacotta with berries
Desert- Chocolate S more Cakes with cookie crumble bottom

Each of the meals the two of you have described sound like amazing experiences in very different ways. Thanks for sharing a bit about what you had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter