More WDW DVC resorts 5 years from now?

harleyquinn

<font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th
On my trip last week, a DVC CM told me that DVC is focusing on building properties away from Florida. His examples were California, Hawaii, Europe.

So here's my thing if this is true (or even if it's not) will it be a while before a WDW DVC resort is built?

I'm not a member, but I REALLY want to be one. DH and I have a series of other financial and life situations to get through before DH will consider DVC. I think we'll be ready to buy in in about 5 years. Can I realistically expect a WDW resort being newly sold around that time or I'm I going to be buying a non-50 year contract?

I really should title this thread, "please be mean to me so I get off these boards and stop making DH mad!" lol :teeth:

On my trip last week, a DVC CM told me that VC is focusing on building properties away from Florida. His examples were California, Hawaii, Europe.

So here's my thing if this is true (or even if it's not) will it be a while before a WDW DVC resort is built?

I'm not a member, but I REALLY want to be one. DH and I have a series of other financial and life situations to get through before DH will consider DVC. I think we'll be ready to buy in in about 5 years. Can I realistically expect a WDW resort being newly sold around that time or I'm I going to be buying a non-50 year contract?

I really should title this thread, "please be mean to me so I get off these boards and stop making DH mad!" lol :teeth:

Time frame is tough...the only thing we've even heard rumblings of is CRV, and that's probably more like 1 to 2 years away.

That being said, there's a couple things to consider:

1) Given the growth that DVC has seen, I think we can at least hope there will be more WDW resorts coming down the pike. Lets face it, as appealing as Hawaii and Europe are, WDW seems to be the big DVC "draw". So I think we can reasonably HOPE exapansion continues there.

2) Even if you buy at, say, DVC Hawaii, you'll still be able to book at WDW DVC resorts. You just wont be able to book until the 7 month (rather than at your 11 month home) window.

Thanks!

We can always look into resales if necessary. I just really want my full 50 years. I just looked at the resale listings for OKW and they are very attractive.

Alright, seriously someone be mean to me, so I stop thinking too far ahead! lol

See, if we just wait one more year to have kids, we could totally buy into DVC next year! Think DH will go for it? lol

Good question. No one shoudl be mean to you (unless you rip on OKW or SSR of course):hippie:

I am think DVC will look outside of Florida but always have a WDW resort for sail. When I bought in Disney has HH, BCV, VWL and VB for sale. I think that will be the same.

By the way, I think Disney feels that they failed with the non-WDW resorts. The took way long to sell out. VB has had serrious huricane issues. HH is nice place but should be on the ocean. I love both the resorts but Disney did not do a good job sellected or selling the Non-WDW resorts.

they are bigger now - so more of us to spread the word. Really think they are considering Hawaii and Ca right now.

that say yes there will be a DVC resort at WDW. 5 years lets me - 2012 - if the CR is finished in 2010 - it might be available (would not count on it) - or maybe the all time favorite - the Polyn. - which might happen if CR sells out as fast as I think it will sell out.

they are extended OKW contracts. So maybe then they will extend BCV or VWL contracts to 50 years.

I'm thinking that CR and POLY would be crazy expensive since they are monorails, but my dream resort is the POLY, so that would be awesome.

Tigger, I want you to be mean to me! I need to stop thinking about this! lol

Besides we got to see SS when our ME bus picked up there and I thought it was beautiful! We're big POR fans and thought that it was a classier version of that.

Thanks for the responses!

Looks like our reputation for surliness has spread far & wide!

Yes, you are definitely an unfriendly lot around here! :rotfl: ;)

I just need to talk to someone who understands my desire to own DVC. DH isn't super receptive right now. Though he is noticably better since he got a full time job and is making $20K more this year than last! lol That's the only reason I'm around here bugging you good folk!

I think Disney will always have something available to sell at WDW in the forseeable future. With so many rumored about expansion elsewhere, I think future plans at WDW are pretty fluid. It would be foolish to have too much in the hopper without waiting to see how sales at DL or non-park locations impacts overall sales.

I think Disney will always have something available to sell at WDW in the forseeable future. With so many rumored about expansion elsewhere, I think future plans at WDW are pretty fluid. It would be foolish to have too much in the hopper without waiting to see how sales at DL or non-park locations impacts overall sales.

That's what I figure. In the 4-5 years that I've been on this site and paying attention to what DVC does, there always seems to be something going on. I just hope it's something in Florida. Not that I don't want more resorts spread around the world that are great point values! I think having that would make it even easier to talk DH into buying in.

I too have felt your pain and frustration! We sat on the fence for 3-4 years. Finally we purchased a small resale contract (100 points) to get our foot in the door. That only led to add-on-itis within the first year. I figured Disney was getting our money every year anyway.

Good luck holding out against the pressure. I couldn't handle it!

On my trip last week, a DVC CM told me that DVC is focusing on building properties away from Florida. His examples were California, Hawaii, Europe.

Our Guide told us recently on our Aug. trip that BIG THINGS are coming down the road for DVC members. :thumbsup2

In the next 5 years, I think we will see the following:
  • Kidani gets finished
  • GCV gets announced
  • CRV is announced either as a DVC or part DVC resort
  • Hawaii

I think tthat GCV will be the test for Hawaii and other future non theme park located resorts. I do think that Hawaii would be more popular than VB and HH. Who would make Hawaii their home resort though? That might be a tough sell.

In the next 5 years, I think we will see the following:
  • Kidani gets finished
  • GCV gets announced
  • CRV is announced either as a DVC or part DVC resort
  • Hawaii

I think tthat GCV will be the test for Hawaii and other future non theme park located resorts. I do think that Hawaii would be more popular than VB and HH. Who would make Hawaii their home resort though? That might be a tough sell.

Hawaii timeshares sell very well, so I don't think DVC would struggle with that; however, they could always make a change for a particular resort. If they did have trouble selling a Hawaii DVC, they could offer 11 months booking window for home resort, and 10 months for non-home resort (which our contracts allow for). I would jump all over that.

If Jim Lewis stays the head of DVC, then yes it will expand to other areas than WDW.

Our Guide told us recently on our Aug. trip that BIG THINGS are coming down the road for DVC members. :thumbsup2

Don't you just hate it when they say that :confused3 Now I want to know what they mean. BIG THINGS - What? like free passes for all DVC members :lmao: Yeah, I know - in my dreams!!

NARM

Don't you just hate it when they say that :confused3 Now I want to know what they mean. BIG THINGS - What? like free passes for all DVC members :lmao: Yeah, I know - in my dreams!!

NARM

Now THAT would be BIG THINGS!!:thumbsup2 It is a nice dream . . . it would certainly get me down there more often and probably adding on more quickly:rotfl:

what does that mean? is he going somewhere else?

Well, promotion or leaving for greener pastures is ALWAYS possible. You never know.

I'd also say that "firing" (though execs are never fired, they just resign) is always possible too, but looking at how DVC has performed so far for Disney, I'd say one of the first two options is more likely, at least in the short term.

I was reading a press release from when Lewis was apponinted and it mentions something about him being able to take DVC into new markets; I think that he will be there a while. he just got the job last year, I believe, but as a vice president of DVC, the growth in membership was strong, and appears now to be getting stronger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter