(More than)A FIVE years of Trips! -- TR Started! Day One - updated 6/10

Haha, wow, that is pretty awesome!

Lately I've decided I have to go to Jazz Kitchen. It seems like it's a good balance between price and good sounding food. I think a lot of people recommend it too.

But I change my mind on my 'have to's probably every other day.

The BBQ Chicken Pizza at HOB is the bomb!!!! Best thing at our table for dinner!!

eck050.jpg

The BBQ Chicken Pizza at HOB is the bomb!!!! Best thing at our table for dinner!!

eck050.jpg

YUMMMMMM!!!!!!!! And reasonably priced I might add! :goodvibes

Haha, wow, that is pretty awesome!

Lately I've decided I have to go to Jazz Kitchen. It seems like it's a good balance between price and good sounding food. I think a lot of people recommend it too.

But I change my mind on my 'have to's probably every other day.

I change mine too! Especially after getting some gift cards for my birthday! Its amazing how price will change a lot of things!

2 Weeks and 4 days...!!! I'm freaking out a little and getting sooo excited! Its been my birthday weekend (yes a whole weekend) this past three days. Filled with lots of fun things and its been keeping me away from the DIsbaords ALL the time and kept me distracted from counting down the days EACH day. So I feel like a little kid in a big toy store right now finding out how SOOON we get to go. I can't believe we'll be doing the single digit dance soon. And soon after starting ANOTHER pre-trip report for my trip with the in-laws which will be so different.

Alright, I need to get a move on this trip now - its coming up fast and all those things that I will "save for later" need to be done now. So, what else should I do than make a little checklist for myself so that I can plan what I need to do!! These are not prioritized at all, btw!

1. Finalize dining plans and make some PS.
2. Buy ridemax software for the year and play around with itineraries to maximize our time that we'll have in the parks.
3. Confirm reservations with hotel - or maybe just print out confirmation from Priceline or check online reservation system at Marriott - check to see if we should be Marriott rewards members...
4. Clear memory card and charge camera
5. Charge ipod and other electronics for the drive
6. Find in house/buy at store things to take for the drive-I get so bored so easily!
7.Collect and make copies of all reservations and gift cards and ticket vouchers.
8. Read up on directions/instructions for retrieving our deluxe APs, and then turning them into premium APs, and getting reimbursed for our parking, and then getting a fun card for DH's birthday - oh I hope we have a good CM taking care of us - I'm so worried about all that we need to do.
9. Clean house before leaving - I hate coming home to a dirty house!
10. Double check and confirm if we are going to see an Angels game while we are there.
11. Become super stealth and try my best to come up with a super great surprise for DH at some point on the trip as a thank you for putting up with my DLR madess and for his birthday too.
12. Take note of weather to be expected.
13. Print driving directions and get up to date construction information to avoid cranky DH in the car.
14. Figure out when we are leaving Sunday.
15. Plan ways to not be completely distracted by this trip and focus on work for these next three weeks...
16. Pack according to weather and try best to NOT overpack.
17. Buy new hairdryer - well I just need to do that in general!

That is it for now...man I'm so excited. Just 18 more days til we see the mouse!

So tag fairy thinks I make a mean monte cristo...yum yum. I'm not sure who you are tag fairy or how it all works but I wanted to let you know that I like that tag and appreciate it! THANKS!!!!!:goodvibes (oh, and I like my other one too!)

The list sounds good especially charging the ipod and everything for the trip. I cannot tell you how much of a rescue good music can be on the road. Don't forget suntan lotion, the weather is unseasonably warm right now.

Oh, how exciting! (Jealous!! I have 2 months and 2 days) Sounds like you have it all figured out. I always overpack, and if you're driving, it's ok, right?

The list sounds good especially charging the ipod and everything for the trip. I cannot tell you how much of a rescue good music can be on the road. Don't forget suntan lotion, the weather is unseasonably warm right now.

Suntan lotion! Yes! I don't burn much - but I can't imagine a suburnt DH! Oh man! I think I just need it for my nose and my scalp. Anyone know of a good sunscreen for your hair?

Oh, how exciting! (Jealous!! I have 2 months and 2 days) Sounds like you have it all figured out. I always overpack, and if you're driving, it's ok, right?

LOL - Yes, the car will be full of, "Oh, and this too!" and "Ohh man, I just need to take these extra shoes just in case we go somewhere nice and they match my green...blah blah blah..." hahahaha

Suntan lotion! Yes! I don't burn much - but I can't imagine a suburnt DH! Oh man! I think I just need it for my nose and my scalp. Anyone know of a good sunscreen for your hair?

LOL - Yes, the car will be full of, "Oh, and this too!" and "Ohh man, I just need to take these extra shoes just in case we go somewhere nice and they match my green...blah blah blah..." hahahaha

Honestly I have no clue except maybe a spray lotion? My DH uses the spray lotions and they work wonderfully. He is a bicycle rider and he spends a lot of time in the sun.

Woohoo! I have time to work on our schedule for the trip.

Wednesday, May 6th
Pack car for trip
Prepare all clothing and toiletries for next morning
Use checklist to ensure all paperwork and copies are packed

Thursday, May 7th
Leave as soon as we are up and ready to go, no later than 7:00 AM
Eat breakfast on the road
Eat lunch on the road
Arrive in Anaheim around 1 PM
Try to check into our hotel, if not, head to the park for our AP craziness

1. Go to ticketbooth with

a. DH's birthday email and ID​
      b. my ID​
      c. AP E-tickets​
      d. parking receipt​
    2. Redeem our AP vouchers for APs
    3. Upgrade our APs to Premium APs and get refunded for parking
    4. Get DH his fun card for his birthday
    5. Go through turnstiles and head to bank
    6. Proceed to bank to process our APs and get pictures taken
    7. Tour the park
    Head back to hotel around 5 for short nap, or to check in for first time
    Eat dinner at ESPN Zone for DH's birthday
    Tour downtown Disney (DL closes at 8 PM)
    Head back to hotel for bed

Friday, May 8th
    Breakfast in room
    Wake up for "rope drop" at DL
    Ride a couple rides according to RideMAX/collect at least one pair of fastpasses
    Head over to DCA for "rope drop"
    Join stampede for Toy Story Mania/collect fastpasses
    Lunch at Whitewater Snacks or Taste Pilots?
    Break at hotel
    Dinner in room?
    Quick stop at Starbucks before heading back to DCA
    Use fastpasses from earlier at DCA
    Head over to DLR around 9 or 10 and finish riding fast pass rides
    Treat myself to a tiger tail or dole whip!
    Head to DTD for some late night fun?

Saturday, May 9th
    Breakfast at IHOP? or in room
    Depending on how late last was, be at opening for DCA or DL
    Hopefully riding BTMRR and SM and pirates again OR
    Toy Story Mania, Soarin, animation studio
    Lunch outside park
    Break at hotel
    Dinner at table service - maybe WCT or Cafe Orleans?
    Try to ride toy story mania again, if lines aren't too long

Sunday, May 10
    Wake up and pack car early
    Breakfast in room
    Check out of room
    Head to DL for fantasyland rides/finding nemo?
    Try and hit up Toy Story Mania again
    Lunch at French Market Cafe
    Leave park around 3 PM to head home :sad1: to arrive home by 9 or 10 so that we (mostly DH cuz he is driving!) can sleep before heading back to work - BOOO!

Found this on the ESPN zone website while checking to make sure there were no conflicts for our dinner...booo...guess we'll be eating later than 6 PM, probably around 7 or so to avoid the crowds.

Seems there is a special event taking place on May 7th.

THURSDAY, MAY 7, 2009 - 6:00 pm

Celebrate Mom for Mother's Day by treating her to an evening of Wine, Food and Friends at Downtown Disney®. Join us as we taste and savor the flavors of fine cuisine, wine and spirits while enjoying the unique ambience and flair of the Downtown Disney® District. Your journey will take you to ESPN Zone®, House of Blues®, La Brea Bakery Café, Naples Ristorante Pizzeria, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen®, Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar and Tortilla Jo's.

Top off the evening by indulging in decadent desserts and meeting with our Special Guests. Live entertainment will also be featured throughout the evening for your listening pleasure.

Finally, participants are invited to visit Sephora from 9-11 p.m. for an exclusive "after hours" shopping experience and to receive a complimentary VIP gift. Beauty brand skincare and makeup artists will be on hand for consultations because don't forget...Mother's Day is just around the corner! This is the perfect time to think of Mom.

Proceeds from this exclusive event benefit the Children's Hospital of Orange County.

Please arrive at 6:00 p.m. at Downtown Disney®. Complimentary valet parking will be provided. The evening will kick off with a Champagne Reception at the ESPN® Zone.

Tickets: $100 each
arrow Click here to purchase tickets online

Check-In at CHOC Welcome table by Valet Loop.
Champagne Reception at ESPN Zone®.
Festival will begin at 6:00pm

Well gee, don't they know it's your hubby's birthday & he wants dinner at the ESPN Zone??????? :rotfl2: Maybe they could give you free tickets....wouldn't that be nice?!!! :rotfl:

Hi, I just found your TR!! Your plans sound great...how awesome to have annual passes!!! We are going to DLR in May also (to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary)...we got married exactly one week before you (May 24). Love your save the date!! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Well gee, don't they know it's your hubby's birthday & he wants dinner at the ESPN Zone??????? :rotfl2: Maybe they could give you free tickets....wouldn't that be nice?!!! :rotfl:

I know, right?!! I mean, come on now. ;) But judging by the event description and details, I'm just not sure DH would really enjoy that event. I would enjoy it only for the purpose to take pictures and then write about it on the boards. :laughing: Well, that, and all the fun drinks and such!!

Hi, I just found your TR!! Your plans sound great...how awesome to have annual passes!!! We are going to DLR in May also (to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary)...we got married exactly one week before you (May 24). Love your save the date!! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! Disney is a great place to celebrate romantic events - crying babies and cranky family members aside - :rotfl: Have lots of fun with your hubby!

So, for our anniversary - DH's parents told me tonight that they would like me to pick a place to eat at Disneyland on our anniversary. Okay, so background for this next trip:

DH, me, and in-laws are going for about 5 days or so (I keep forgetting the actual dates) DH and I are driving over there on Saturday, May 30th. We will be picking up DH's parents at the airport on May 31st. May 31st is our actual anniversary, so we'll be celebrating it with them. So on May 30th, we'll have our own special, just the two of us day/night/dinner. And then we'll celebrate with them on the 31st.

So wow..where to go eat??? I'm just not sure exactly how much they want to spend or what they'll consider a "nice dinner" ? I know they want to make it special for us, but I don't want to break the bank! We have a really good relationship (for living in 2 different states and only seeing each other 6 or 7 visits) and they pretty much think the best of me and would do anything, if it made me happy. But I usually try to make life easy on them because of a few things about them. I don't know what I will do.

Of course, I first suggested Blue Bayou to DH, and he thought it was a good idea. Its either that, Cafe Orleans or Wine Country Trattoria. Only these three because I believe the point was to also eat in the park since they'll have 5 day hoppers, but really only need 3 day hoppers, so they might as well come into the park for part of the day. Hmmm...there is such a difference between the meal as far as price per person goes. And I've eaten at WCT a few times, all casual lunches or early evening dinners and just quiet and nice. I wouldn't exactly call it a "celebratory" type place. Oh, that reminds me of the BBQ Thunder Ranch thing - not sure that is the type of place we want either. Something a little more formal. Dang it Disney, can you figure out formal without the fancy price tag? Probably not, and thats okay, I totally understand. Blue Bayou is paying for the ambiance and everything - cool. So, lets see. I've established, NOTHING, and this also has nothing to do with my current trip report. Wonderful. :rotfl: Hope you've all enjoyed my rant on a post that belongs in a new trip report. Oh well, I'll reference back to this and already have my new pre-trip report for the in-law trip started. w00t!

Is it May yet?

:rotfl2: loved the rant..........

Wish I could help, but not good at picking restaurants for others. We loved Cafe Orleans & BB....never eaten at the other one. I know BB has gone thru some major changes over the last month (new split plate charge, no appetizers on menu, etc etc) So not sure if that included jacking up the already high priced menu or not. :confused3
Cafe Orleans to me was just as good (or better) than BB.....just a different setting. We did our anniversary lunch there & they were soooo nice to us. They brought out 2 Mickey beignets interlocked together as a Celebration Dessert for us....very cute (and delicious).

You're getting very close to your "original" trip!!!! :cool1:
Keep us updated!

WOW! Your schedule looks a lot like mine!:yay: Me and my DF are also packing up the car on May 7 to leave on May 8! My b-day is on May 9, so that is what we are celebrating...oh and our ann. is June 9 so we are doing that too a month early.
I just thought that was pretty exciting that someone else has almost the same schedule as us.

Well, if you've narrowed it down to those three.... do you/they drink? Because then maybe you should go to WCT, so you could have a glass of wine or something. That would make it a bit more celebratory, right?

Oh, and I love how you write Starbucks into your schedule! lol

Too bad about the Mother's Day hub-bub on the 7th, stuff like that is always annoying.

:rotfl2: loved the rant..........

Wish I could help, but not good at picking restaurants for others. We loved Cafe Orleans & BB....never eaten at the other one. I know BB has gone thru some major changes over the last month (new split plate charge, no appetizers on menu, etc etc) So not sure if that included jacking up the already high priced menu or not. :confused3
Cafe Orleans to me was just as good (or better) than BB.....just a different setting. We did our anniversary lunch there & they were soooo nice to us. They brought out 2 Mickey beignets interlocked together as a Celebration Dessert for us....very cute (and delicious).

You're getting very close to your "original" trip!!!! :cool1:
Keep us updated!

Thanks for the info on Cafe Orleans. Is it all outdoor seating? And also, I thought the food was a little too "different" since DH is such a picky eater (I always tease him that someday when we have kids, I can at least feed them the same meal!). Thoughts? :confused3

WOW! Your schedule looks a lot like mine!:yay: Me and my DF are also packing up the car on May 7 to leave on May 8! My b-day is on May 9, so that is what we are celebrating...oh and our ann. is June 9 so we are doing that too a month early.
I just thought that was pretty exciting that someone else has almost the same schedule as us.

Haha, so funny that you mentioned the same dates because I went to check out my schedule and realized I had mistaken my dates! We're actually leaving on Thursday, the 7th. Wow, messed that one up. Don't let DH know I messed up which day was his actual birthday - WOW. :rolleyes1 Cool to know someone else from the DISboards will be there that weekend celebrating a birthday too!!!

Well, if you've narrowed it down to those three.... do you/they drink? Because then maybe you should go to WCT, so you could have a glass of wine or something. That would make it a bit more celebratory, right?

Thanks for this tip! Something to keep in mind with planning.

Oh, and I love how you write Starbucks into your schedule! lol

Too bad about the Mother's Day hub-bub on the 7th, stuff like that is always annoying.

Yes, starbucks is a must for a pick-me up and getting DH to give me a few extra hours in the park. Coffee/Expresso just does wonders for him - I sometimes think he's secretly like 50 years old because of his sleep schedule. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter