More restaurants at Disneyland add alcohol

The last time we went to WOC dessert party, there was a group of obviously drunk people sitting at the table behind us. It's the first time I've seen anything like that at the parks, and it really had a negative impact on our enjoyment of the show. They were yelling, swearing and acting obnoxious. I doubt someone could get drunk off the 2 drinks they give you at the dessert party, so they must have been drinking elsewhere first—possibly not even in the park.

I don't mind people drinking alcohol in general, but I hope having it available at more locations won't lead to more drunk people at the parks.

I’m curious if they will have a drink maximum at these new locations. Reason I mention it is because we dined at BB when they first started selling alcohol. I wasn’t super hungry and only wanted gumbo and a salad for my meal. I had ordered one hurricane to start. My waitress let me know that because I wasn’t ordering an entree, I could not order any other alcoholic beverages. I was ok with that because I’m not a big drinker. But I was surprised they had a rule like that. I have ordered starters at Lamplight and had more than one drink. I wonder if it’s a Disneyland specific rule?

The last time we went to WOC dessert party, there was a group of obviously drunk people sitting at the table behind us. It's the first time I've seen anything like that at the parks, and it really had a negative impact on our enjoyment of the show. They were yelling, swearing and acting obnoxious. I doubt someone could get drunk off the 2 drinks they give you at the dessert party, so they must have been drinking elsewhere first—possibly not even in the park.

I don't mind people drinking alcohol in general, but I hope having it available at more locations won't lead to more drunk people at the parks.
Anyone yelling and swearing at the WOC dessert party should get one warning from a CM, then get ejected if they don’t knock it off.

I wish people recorded these "drunk" guests
I wish I would have, too, but the way he was acting I was worried he would come after me because of how verbally aggressive he was to the woman he was with. If he had no issue telling her to shut the bleep up bleep, you bleeping bleep, he would have no problem saying worse to a then 17-year-old me or making things worse for her. Getting evidence comes secondary to safety.

Anyone yelling and swearing at the WOC dessert party should get one warning from a CM, then get ejected if they don’t knock it off.

Yeah, and some people will do things like that drunk or not. Honestly I've seen it quite a few time with people who do not appear to be drunk at all. I saw a lady cuss out her kid at DL once and it was like 10 AM. 🙄

The vast majority of people do actually know how to behave, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Last edited:
I wish I would have, too, but the way he was acting I was worried he would come after me because of how verbally aggressive he was to the woman he was with. If he had no issue telling her to shut the bleep up bleep, you bleeping bleep, he would have no problem saying worse to a then 17-year-old me or making things worse for her. Getting evidence comes secondary to safety.
That person sound just like a crappy person in general. Drunk or not, I'm sure he is someone no one wants to spend time at Disneyland with

The point is more people drink and bug no one and Disney needs to be enforcing rules. There are many stories here about guests behaving badly and most of the time Disney just ignores them so they keep acting out

I am pretty excited for this. I like to have a glass of wine with dinner on occasion, especially when on vacation. My husband likes to have a beer with his. We aren't big drinkers but definitely like the opportunity with a dinner out. I hope they don't start up the stands like at DCA at DL but I'll still go if they do.

Yeah, and some people will do things like that drunk or not. Honestly I've seen it quite a few time with people who do not appear to be drink at all. I saw a lady cuss out her kid at DL once and it was like 10 AM. 🙄

The vast majority of people do actually know how to behave, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Absolutely!! Linking this to the thread about paying for a daily plan, one of the worst adult tantrums I've ever seen at Disney (in this case World) was a mother absolutely berating her child because the poor child dared to need to go to the bathroom when it was not in their schedule. She was screaming and cussing at the child and shoving the printout of the schedule in their face. It wasn't helping that there was a line for the stalls (I was washing my hands as I'd finished.) Like you can control when your body is going to need to have a bathroom break. I did see a couple of people let the child go in front of them, so hopefully that helped things a bit - or at least prevented the child having an accident. I can only imagine the tantrum had they needed to go back to wherever they were staying to change clothes.

Absolutely!! Linking this to the thread about paying for a daily plan, one of the worst adult tantrums I've ever seen at Disney (in this case World) was a mother absolutely berating her child because the poor child dared to need to go to the bathroom when it was not in their schedule. She was screaming and cussing at the child and shoving the printout of the schedule in their face. It wasn't helping that there was a line for the stalls (I was washing my hands as I'd finished.) Like you can control when your body is going to need to have a bathroom break. I did see a couple of people let the child go in front of them, so hopefully that helped things a bit - or at least prevented the child having an accident. I can only imagine the tantrum had they needed to go back to wherever they were staying to change clothes.

Man - people are so crazy. I know that visiting a theme park can be a lot for some people and I know it's expensive and you want to get your money's worth, but if you're getting so worked up that you're not really enjoying yourself, then what's the point? Take a break, people! Go rest, reset, have a tasty snack - the rides ain't going anywhere.

Last edited:
The alcoholics who want alcohol have always been able to seek it out. DTD and CA have been serving alcohol since its conception. The problem at EPCOT is the social drunks.

Atmosphere is really important for your social drinkers. The worst I’ve seen it was in CA when they used to have nighttime dance parties. The club like setting led to people drinking more. When those stopped, I haven’t seen nearly as much drunks late at night. EPCOT with its circular path and drink carts naturally led to the “drink around the world”. There are 11 countries. Most casual drinkers wouldn’t dream of having 11 drinks in one day, but the setting invites the idea that maybe they could. Then combined with the Florida heat and absolutely no shade, you get the dehydrated drunks.

Serving drinks at Disneyland restaurants will probably not lead to an increase of drunk belligerents. All of the locations mentioned are sit down restaurants that can be difficult to get reservations for. There is a reason they aren’t quick service restaurants.

I’m very much in the wait and see camp. I didn’t notice a change in guest behavior with Oga’s or Blue Bayou so I will wait to see for this as well.

Oh, I think I ran into that same guy…or his brother lol. I, too, like you was appalled at this moron’s behavior, especially in the presence of his probably 5-7 year old daughter and a baby. The mother and daughter were both almost cowering in his presence.
NOT WHAT I WANT TO SEE AT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH.

But I don’t blame CM’s for not wanting to engage with these type of people, it’s just too crazy out there in the world anymore. Unless there just happens to be a “secret security “ agent right there when this behavior is exhibited, we’re just left to hurriedly walk by and remove ourselves from the offending party. So sad.

Now, that said, I didn’t encounter a lot of those types of people on a recent trip. But as they say, one bad apple…

and why is it those people are what stick in your mind out of the thousand people you see interacting with characters, laughing, smiling, having a wonderful time? Although while waiting in an exceptionally long line at Starbucks in CA one morning, I swear I saw the Happiest baby on earth, maybe six months old in a stroller and that kid was just laughing, gurgling, playing with his feet…THATS THE KIND OF MEMORIES one should remember!

Oh, I think I ran into that same guy…or his brother lol. I, too, like you was appalled at this moron’s behavior, especially in the presence of his probably 5-7 year old daughter and a baby. The mother and daughter were both almost cowering in his presence.
NOT WHAT I WANT TO SEE AT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH.

But I don’t blame CM’s for not wanting to engage with these type of people, it’s just too crazy out there in the world anymore. Unless there just happens to be a “secret security “ agent right there when this behavior is exhibited, we’re just left to hurriedly walk by and remove ourselves from the offending party. So sad.

Now, that said, I didn’t encounter a lot of those types of people on a recent trip. But as they say, one bad apple…

and why is it those people are what stick in your mind out of the thousand people you see interacting with characters, laughing, smiling, having a wonderful time? Although while waiting in an exceptionally long line at Starbucks in CA one morning, I swear I saw the Happiest baby on earth, maybe six months old in a stroller and that kid was just laughing, gurgling, playing with his feet…THATS THE KIND OF MEMORIES one should remember!
Disney for sure needs to step it up, while I don't blamer CMs. They need a system to deal with bad guest behaviors, just letting it happen signals to everyone that it's ok to behave like this.

Just my two cents as I've seen a lot of discussion about this on other sites/social media.

I kind of expected this would come eventually with Oga's Cantina (and Blue Bayou) and I'm fine with it. I enjoy having a beer when I'm walking around in a theme park but I'm okay with it just being to table service restaurants only for the castle parks like Disneyland. It would feel....very weird to see beer carts at every corner like at Epcot, AK and non Disney parks like Universal. I do think it's slightly a cash grab as Disney makes A LOT of cash with alcohol sales but honestly speaking what isn't a cash grab at Disney parks?

Like others have said, if someone wants a drink REALLY badly, they can go to DCA, Downtown Disney or they can pregame in their hotel room/home before coming to the park. Not endorsing this in any way obviously but you probably could sneak in a mixed drink in your own cup if you were desperate enough. I think it's nice to be able to have a beer or glass of wine at dinner and don't see anything wrong with that.

The last time I was at DCA was 2019 and don't remember seeing any obnoxious drunk behavior. The only times I've seen it are at Epcot and the WDW resort hotels. The last time I went to Trader Sam's in Florida, I sat next to a bridal shower party where the bride was VERY drunk. She could barely walk when exiting the bar and her friend had to help her out.

Last edited:
Haven’t read all of the other comments but glad to see the addition in DL. We can currently order alcohol in DTD and DCA so now we can in more places at DL.

I dislike influencers as much as anyone here but this whole comment just reeks of bitterness. We are all disney adults here.

I agree with you. I feel like the two are conflated, when they are two seperate things. If asked to define the terms:

Disney Adult-An adult who enjoys going to Disney theme parks, movies, and collects merch.

A Disney influencer- Someone who creates Disney themed content for thier social media platforms/accounts based on the theme parks, movies, and merch. An influencer may have a large/substantial following on social media, or the influencer may believe thier following is much larger than it is in reality.

The alcoholics who want alcohol have always been able to seek it out. DTD and CA have been serving alcohol since its conception. The problem at EPCOT is the social drunks.

Atmosphere is really important for your social drinkers. The worst I’ve seen it was in CA when they used to have nighttime dance parties. The club like setting led to people drinking more. When those stopped, I haven’t seen nearly as much drunks late at night. EPCOT with its circular path and drink carts naturally led to the “drink around the world”. There are 11 countries. Most casual drinkers wouldn’t dream of having 11 drinks in one day, but the setting invites the idea that maybe they could. Then combined with the Florida heat and absolutely no shade, you get the dehydrated drunks.

Serving drinks at Disneyland restaurants will probably not lead to an increase of drunk belligerents. All of the locations mentioned are sit down restaurants that can be difficult to get reservations for. There is a reason they aren’t quick service restaurants.

I’m very much in the wait and see camp. I didn’t notice a change in guest behavior with Oga’s or Blue Bayou so I will wait to see for this as well.

I'd never dare do 'drink around the World'. I'd be on the pavement by the time we got to Morocco! (we always do World Showcase 'widdershins')

The 'worst' I've seen at Epcot was a 30-something woman outside the Mexico pavilion who was so drunk she couldn't control the ECV she was using. Disney security kept trying to corral her but she kept going 'forward/reverse' and they had to jump out of her way. She wasn't being obscene, just loud and obnoxious. She thought it was hilarious until they managed to pull the key.

What I thought was funny was that when we first noticed her she was part of a small group and they were all laughing and carrying on, but when security showed up all her 'buddies' seemed to melt away into the crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter