More from me - Mickey key rings!!!

so...what did you use? :teeth:

:)

EnviroTex Lite Pour-on finish. It stinks to high heaven! Read the directions from top to bottom before you start. Once you pour it.... LEAVE IT ALONE! ;) It will need about a day to cure, then flip it and do the other side. I can't stress enough to make sure you read the directions in full before you start.

I picked up a few blocks at joann today, fimo, sculpey...

I was looking for the post that said you can bake your headpins/eyepins/jumprings into the clay...??

also, I'm getting a little worried that I shouldn't bake my polyclay in my regular oven? Is that really bad? Do I really have to get a separate toaster oven? I have no room for MORE appliances! LOL I just wanted to test out this clay stuff...

I picked up a few blocks at joann today, fimo, sculpey...

I was looking for the post that said you can bake your headpins/eyepins/jumprings into the clay...??

also, I'm getting a little worried that I shouldn't bake my polyclay in my regular oven? Is that really bad? Do I really have to get a separate toaster oven? I have no room for MORE appliances! LOL I just wanted to test out this clay stuff...

I guess you could bake your jump rings into it, I just made the hole before baking it.
I used my regular oven, no problem. What I did do was designate an old cookie sheet for it. This way I won't be baking cookies on it. What stinks (PU ~ SMELLY) to high heaven is the resin and that you aren't baking.
Have fun with it.... my kids and I are! :)

I baked something into mine. I have never done this before I think it's a jump ring, but it was some long thin metal piece with a circle on the end.

Baking it in puts the clay on nice and firmly, but if you want to add beads or something you are out of luck. It seems like you could bake glass beads on the jump ring with the clay, but I haven't tried it.

I'm letting 7 year olds do this as a back pack clip for my DD's B-day party so I'm trying to keep it super simple.

The B-day party went well! We had 9 seven year olds making mickey head backpack clips using the home depot paint chips as a template. Then they added their initials using a mold I bought. We didn't use any resin or anything. They were pretty plain, but the kids liked them.

Now I want to experiment myself to make some shiny ones, I just love shiny things. I'd better get caught up on my scrapbook first though. So many crafts so little time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter