More Epcot entertainment cuts...Japan, UK, Italy...so far

Twenty years ago when DS was going to make music his career, I encouraged him to apply in entertainment at WDW. Although he took one step-he got a summer internship with the All American College Band at DL-he chose another path for his music, much to Mom's disappointment at the time. Now I'm thinking that he made the correct decision by avoiding WDW theme parks.

I think what will be interesting is what happens when they reopen. Will come of these be asked to come back? Will other new groups come into WS? or will there just be no entertainment like this anymore?

And unfortunately this has been the trend for years now, just to name a few that have been cut in the last 10 years:
4 for a Dollar
Mulch Sweat and Shears
Hollywood Public Works'Fife and Drum'Off Kilter
World showcase players at UK and Italy
Ziti Sisters
Muppets Presents
Royal Majesty Makers
From the Epcot Holidays they cut:
Nutcracker story
Monkey King
3 Wise Men
Canada Santa

I think I'd add Talking Mickey to this - even though the Mickey M&G at MK is still there it's not the same as the talking one.

will do, thanks for the kind words

I love BR, they are such a fun, tight band, and always get the audience involved.
I just saw them last week and I’m so glad I went out of my way to see them! Maria is amazing!
Please also pass on my hopes for continued success for all of them!

Disney World seems to take the hits for losses at other parks. I can’t imagine that closing a couple of acts saves all that much m9ney.

Seriously getting depressed-reading these boards the last few days is somewhat like reading the obituaries-what's "the World" coming to? I am trying to focus on all life's blessings in the midst of all these changes to everyone's plans/lives, and I know if closures save even one life it's worth it, but right now I really wish Disney would focus on reopening again with things at WDW as much like they were before this outbreak even if it means even losing more money, so when the World does reopen it will be our same happy place again.

I think what will be interesting is what happens when they reopen. Will come of these be asked to come back? Will other new groups come into WS? or will there just be no entertainment like this anymore?

Bringing entertainment back costs money, and Disney won't spend money on the parks after this multi-billion dollar loss. We've seen this happen in the past. Anything they can do to make the stockholders' imaginary number on their screen as high as they can.

Seriously getting depressed-reading these boards the last few days is somewhat like reading the obituaries-what's "the World" coming to? I am trying to focus on all life's blessings in the midst of all these changes to everyone's plans/lives, and I know if closures save even one life it's worth it, but right now I really wish Disney would focus on reopening again with things at WDW as much like they were before this outbreak even if it means even losing more money, so when the World does reopen it will be our same happy place again.

WDW being a "happy" or "magical" place is purely an accident on the part of the people who control the parks. The fact of the matter is, if Disney was publicly traded when Walt was first trying to build Disneyland, it would never have happened. It's still the case today; the powers that be likely think Walt was a crazy old man and would gladly stop being a parks company if there wasn't still some money in it. This virus will certainly exacerbate this problem, but it's not new. Closing is the right thing to do today, but in six months nobody will care about the lives they saved, they'll just be worried about the money they didn't make.

We had a good 5 years or so of growth in the parks, but we're going back into another decade of decay and neglect now.

I always liked being in the park while the drummers were doing their thing. Walking toward Japan from IG, or maybe over by Germany/Italy, and listening to the booming sounds getting louder and more intense as I come closer to Japan. I'll miss that.
Depending on the wind direction and velocity, the drumming could sometimes be heard at the EP resorts.

Based on the prior responses, this will probably be unpopular, but I think the Japanese drummers have ran their course.

Long ago I started to cringed when I visited the Japanese pavilion and the Japanese drummers were doing a set. Headache inducing. I think of Japan as being relaxing and getting one with oneself. The drummers didn't cause me to experience this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter