More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Kim, what I meant was that you already have the best job in the world, everyday mom -- now being on the panel you also have one of the best and definitely the most fun!!

It is going to be a great year!!

(sorry when I reread my message it sounded harsh and I didn't mean it that way!!)

Oh- I didn't read it that way at all! No worries! My husband and I have a 19 year old biological son...but, it was after the struggles to bring my daugher home to me through foster care adoption 4 years ago when she was 5 years old- that I now KNOW the title of MOM is by far the BEST title in the world!! :lovestruc

:cheer2::cheer2:Congratulations to all of you who made the Moms Panel this year!!:cheer2::cheer2: You will all be wonderful additions to the panel and I look forward to hearing all about your training trip in just a few weeks!

For those who were not selected this year, I am sorry for your disappointment :grouphug: I know it must be hard to have the journey end this way this year but you clearly have the right stuff and your year is coming!

What she said! :thumbsup2

A hearty congratulations to the new Moms & hugs to those who's journey ended for now. Looking forward to seeing all of you back here again next year.

I am so excited to be able to say that I will be joining the 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel!!!! This has been such an amazing and emotional journey for me, and it is truly an honor to be asked to join such a wonderful group of men and women. I still can’t believe it myself and have asked to be pinched a couple of times!! To those who were selected as panelists, to those who have been tireless cheerleaders, and to those whose quest ends here, Love and Hugs to you all!! It’s gonna be a wild ride!!!!
I was really hoping for you! I am SO thrilled for you!!! I can't wait to experience the journey with you guys- please promise you will keep posting! :thumbsup2

I made it to the Panel !!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it.

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:
Suey- so excited for you! Just shows persistence pays off! Congratulations!

I know I will just keep on trying. After applying since its inception, I finally made R2 this year for the first time. Here's hoping for R3 next year. right? :wizard:;)

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE PANELISTS! iT'S GOING TO BE A FABULOUS YEAR FOR YOU!

Hugs and Pixie Dust to all those finalists that did not make it through. I hope you will continue to apply, even though that makes for more stiff competition for me next year. :rotfl:;) You achieved so much making it that far. Sending all my love!

Congratulations to all the new panelists! I'm so excited to follow along this year as your journey begins!

Nancy

It looks like Amanda (surfergrl31), Kirsten (CanuckDisneyMom), and Rachel (rhorsley) are the only members we have not heard from yet.:grouphug:

I know that Sue just heard today so maybe these three will hear something great today too!:goodvibes

I have a few errands to run today so it may be until late this afternoon or early evening before I can update the list any more.

Congrats to all the new members!:thumbsup2 You make us all proud!

Hi guys! I am overjoyed and honored to say that I will be joining the 2012 Panel! I hesitated posting here since I have been a lurker this year, but I just HAVE to say something to those who were not selected: PLEASE follow your dreams!!! I stand here before you as a shining example that dreams really DO come true... You have to believe in them with your whole heart!

I too, advanced to the 3rd round last year and was not selected to sit on the panel! I vividly remember the hurt and confusion I experienced upon realization that my dream had not come true... It took me a while to "get over" those feelings, but once I did, I told myself that I would come back this year and give it all I've got!

The year seemed to fly by, and quite honestly, not a month went by that I didn't think about the process....dreaming of the day I'd don that Moms Panel Pink...Look at me now!

Please don't give up... Take time to heal...all the time you need... then tell yourself, "This is what I'm meant to do"...and DO it!!! The year will fly by, much quicker than you think and the process will begin again!

I am reaching through the screen to give you all ((((HUGS)))) right now, and please know that I have been there...I know how you feel and my heart hurts just thinking about it! The purpose of this post is to offer hope to those who dream... THIS is possible!!! After you heal, dust yourself off and come at it full-throttle! You'll amaze yourself!!!

Way to go and congrats to all the new panelists! Please keep us updated as you get to go on an incredible journey.

Hugs to everyone who did not make it and I'm sure you will all be back at it again next year.

Hi guys! I am overjoyed and honored to say that I will be joining the 2012 Panel! I hesitated posting here since I have been a lurker this year, but I just HAVE to say something to those who were not selected: PLEASE follow your dreams!!! I stand here before you as a shining example that dreams really DO come true... You have to believe in them with your whole heart!

I too, advanced to the 3rd round last year and was not selected to sit on the panel! I vividly remember the hurt and confusion I experienced upon realization that my dream had not come true... It took me a while to "get over" those feelings, but once I did, I told myself that I would come back this year and give it all I've got!

The year seemed to fly by, and quite honestly, not a month went by that I didn't think about the process....dreaming of the day I'd don that Moms Panel Pink...Look at me now!

Please don't give up... Take time to heal...all the time you need... then tell yourself, "This is what I'm meant to do"...and DO it!!! The year will fly by, much quicker than you think and the process will begin again!

I am reaching through the screen to give you all ((((HUGS)))) right now, and please know that I have been there...I know how you feel and my heart hurts just thinking about it! The purpose of this post is to offer hope to those who dream... THIS is possible!!! After you heal, dust yourself off and come at it full-throttle! You'll amaze yourself!!!

CONGRATS! Remember to tell us all about journey :cheer2:

It looks like Amanda (surfergrl31), Kirsten (CanuckDisneyMom), and Rachel (rhorsley) are the only members we have not heard from yet.:grouphug:

I know that Sue just heard today so maybe these three will hear something great today too!:goodvibes

I have a few errands to run today so it may be until late this afternoon or early evening before I can update the list any more.

Congrats to all the new members!:thumbsup2 You make us all proud!

I checked on Facebook and saw that Amanda and Kirsten are in! But, we need to give big (((hugs))):grouphug: to Rachel though. She will need us to give her some extra love today!

Great job to all...whether you made it on the panel or not! You got to the R3 and that is an honor in itself!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Hi everybody! I was so caught off guard yesterday with the phone call, I just haven't had time to respond. I did sadly find out that my journey was over yesterday. I spent some time last night mourning the end of that journey, but I am dusting myself off and ready to try for year 6. They must have seen something for me to have made it to round 3 so I can't give up and will keep trying until Laura Spencer personally asks me to stop.:rotfl:

I am so happy to see everyone who made the panel!!! You guys are going to be just wonderful additions and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!! :cool1::cool1::banana: This has been such a long wonderful crazy journey and I am so fortunate to have gotten to know you guys.

Man, I'm gone for a day and look what happens! I thought the calls were supposed to be tomorrow!

CONGRATS to kddill, lorilovell, Nan781, yiddles, dawgs4disney, LaneOT, whithouston, disneygotogirl and Suey12!! Looking forward to hearing about your journey!

HUGS to Mom2Joce, PolyndianPrincessJes, shalecesjourney, abatista08, LisaTex and surfergirl. We'll have to try again next year, but it's amazing you made it to Round 3!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...

Sayhello

Wow!! I, too, didn't think we'd hear anything this soon -- but YAY!!

Congrats to all those below who made it!! We are cheering for you!:cheer2:

Hugs to everyone who did not...:grouphug:

I am absolutely amazed, shocked and thrilled to share the news: I am on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel for 2012!!

Thank-you for sharing this roller coaster of a journey with me!!:grouphug:

Awesome!

:woohoo::woohoo:
Doing a happy dance today! I just got my call and am proud to be the first moms panelist for runDisney!
:cheer2::cheer2:

Good for you!

I am shocked and amazed that I was selected for the DCL panel!!!!

I'll be asking you some questions as I start to plan my first cruise!!

so i'll let the icon speak on my behalf...:thumbsup2:banana::scared1::cheer2:::cloud9:

CONGRATS!!

I am so honored to say that I am going to be on the 2012 WDW moms panel! I can hardly believe it still!! To those that didn't get good news today, I am so sorry! Big hugs to all of you! This was my first year making it past Round 1 so please keep trying.

Great job!

I am so excited to be able to say that I will be joining the 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel!!!! This has been such an amazing and emotional journey for me, and it is truly an honor to be asked to join such a wonderful group of men and women. I still can’t believe it myself and have asked to be pinched a couple of times!! To those who were selected as panelists, to those who have been tireless cheerleaders, and to those whose quest ends here, Love and Hugs to you all!! It’s gonna be a wild ride!!!!

A special congrats to you!! this is wonderful!

I am actually on the WDW Panel... :)

Great job!

I made it to the Panel !!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it.

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

Everyone on this thread was cheering extra for you! So glad you made it!

Hi guys! I am overjoyed and honored to say that I will be joining the 2012 Panel!

Welcome and congrats!

Hi everybody! I was so caught off guard yesterday with the phone call, I just haven't had time to respond. I did sadly find out that my journey was over yesterday. I spent some time last night mourning the end of that journey, but I am dusting myself off and ready to try for year 6. They must have seen something for me to have made it to round 3 so I can't give up and will keep trying until Laura Spencer personally asks me to stop.:rotfl:

:hug: I'm so sorry. I kind of thought since we didn't hear anything, no news was good news. I was hoping you'd make it ever since I saw that sweet picture of your daughter with Pluto. Plus I have a soft spot for those with larger families. I was hoping you could give me advice on how to wrangle all my monkeys around the parks :)

Congrats! I just discovered your blog and am loving it :goodvibes

Congratulations to all selected to the 2012 panel! Even those who made it to round 3 but weren't selected need to be congratulated, they had something special to make it that far! we had all thought the "call" would come tomorrow, maybe they are making up for the painfully long wait you had to get to round 3 by letting you know early! Have fun and enjoy the months ahead- can't wait to hear all of your exciting reports!:woohoo:

Hi all. It's taken me a while to be able to update here. Sadly, this year's journey ended yesterday. So I guess I'll see you back here (same time, same station) next year? :goodvibes Actually, I'm not as sad about not making it, as I am about feeling like "I have to go through all that again?" ;) At least I know all you great folks will be right there with me cheering me on rain or shine! I only hope I can return the favor. :cool1:

On a side note, I have another new goal for the next year...I want to be able to break unwanted news to people as pleasantly as Laura can. It is really a remarkable talent. She had me wondering "is this a happy call or a sad call?" right up until she said the words "it's a no this year." She was a pleasure to speak with even while I was deflating. :lmao:

Congrats to the newest Panel members and please be sure to put in a kind word for us nut-jobs back here! :thumbsup2

I'm feeling a little better today and am so excited to hear about the adventures of all the new panelists!

I just got an email from Laura thanking me for applying, which I thought was really nice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter