More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

I am absolutely amazed, shocked and thrilled to share the news:

I am on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel for 2012!!

I have loved getting to know everyone in each round of the selection process this year, and I hold each of you in high esteem re: your passion and knowledge of Disney!

I told Karen with Disney on the phone call today- I am just an every day mom that you are plucking from obscurity--and this information is truly bittersweet for me- as I have grown to really care about the other very deserving applicants!

Thank-you for sharing this roller coaster of a journey with me!!:grouphug:
Congratulations!!!!

Hello all my wonderful and awesome friends! I just got a call from Michelle with Disneyland and I was NOT selected for the panel this year!

I am OK!! This was my first year trying and like Michelle said I AM proud of making it so far in this process!

This is simply not my year!! But I will be ready with guns a blazin' for next year!

It will be SOOOO exciting to watch those who have made it and follow them on their journey :) POST when you can :)

Hello all my wonderful and awesome friends! I just got a call from Michelle with Disneyland and I was NOT selected for the panel this year!

I am OK!! This was my first year trying and like Michelle said I AM proud of making it so far in this process!

This is simply not my year!! But I will be ready with guns a blazin' for next year!

It will be SOOOO exciting to watch those who have made it and follow them on their journey :) POST when you can :)

I am so sorry you were not selected! :grouphug:

We will try again next year. :goodvibes

I have loved getting to know everyone in each round of the selection process this year, and I hold each of you in high esteem re: your passion and knowledge of Disney!

I told Karen with Disney on the phone call today- I am just an every day mom that you are plucking from obscurity--and this information is truly bittersweet for me- as I have grown to really care about the other very deserving applicants!

Hearty Congrats!!

But, being an everyday mom is probably the best and hardest job in the world. Congratulations and on being an everyday mom also.

:banana::banana:

Congratulations! :banana::yay::cheer2:

Congrats!!!

Sweet Jennifer with her little twang called and let me know it wasn't my year, either. Thought I'd be crushed, but I'm good!! Of course, now I'm ruined for future years having made it this far. ;) Can't wait to hear who else made it from our little group here.

Oh, and P.S. right after my phone call, my phone "ding"ed with an email and said my $20 Disney gift card was on its way from DMR, so at least I got one nice thing from Disney today. :laughing:

Congrats!!!

Sweet Jennifer with her little twang called and let me know it wasn't my year, either. Thought I'd be crushed, but I'm good!! Of course, now I'm ruined for future years having made it this far. ;) Can't wait to hear who else made it from our little group here.

So sorry....be proud of how far you made it. And good luck next year :) :goodvibes

Way to go Kim!!!!! :thumbsup2 One of our own made good!

What a wild ride. My "run" ends here, but I wish our DIS representatives on the Panel love and pixie dust! pixiedust:pixiedust:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You'd better post a trip report here after your training - just a few weeks away!!!

Hearty Congrats!!

But, being an everyday mom is probably the best and hardest job in the world. Congratulations and on being an everyday mom also.

:banana::banana:

Kim, what I meant was that you already have the best job in the world, everyday mom -- now being on the panel you also have one of the best and definitely the most fun!!

It is going to be a great year!!

(sorry when I reread my message it sounded harsh and I didn't mean it that way!!)

So sorry....be proud of how far you made it. And good luck next year :) :goodvibes

Thanks!! It was definitely unexpected. I mean, Disney called ME because they saw something about my passion for WDW. How crazy is that?? Here's hoping I'm as lucky next time around (but a little luckier on the final round, of course ;)).

I sent this to someone earlier on Twitter, but I want to post it here also for those of you who have found out that this was not your year to make the panel - You just have to keep reminding yourself that no matter what, there is something amazing about you that got you to Round 3. And that isn't something that will change regardless of the decision that the panel makes.

I know that it might take some time for those words to provide any comfort, but I do hope you all know in your hearts just how true it is. :grouphug:

:woohoo::woohoo:
Doing a happy dance today! I just got my call and am proud to be the first moms panelist for runDisney!
I am so honored and excited about this. I haven't been on this thread for long, but can tell how many passionate Disney lovers have applied and I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and encouraging words.
I wish everyone could do it, but know that for those who can't this year, there is always next year!!
:cheer2::cheer2:

I am sad to say that I got my call a little while ago and was not selected.

I am so happy for those of you who were and I can't wait to hear about your experiences on the panel!

Doing a happy dance today! I just got my call and am proud to be the first moms panelist for runDisney!
I am so honored and excited about this. I haven't been on this thread for long, but can tell how many passionate Disney lovers have applied and I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and encouraging words.
I wish everyone could do it, but know that for those who can't this year, there is always next year!!

Congrats!! Have a fabulous year!

Congratulations!!!

Congrats Lori & Kim!!

I'm so excited for everyone!!

And, my heart is breaking for everyone who is receiving a not-so-magical call tonight :( BIG HUGS going out to you all! You are all #1 Disney Moms in my book!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter