More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Hey surfergrl31! Where are you? I'm over near TR and Furman.

Our Easley restaurant closed, and hubby is working on a new project. Hopefully action will commence this week.
The Easley place was a sushi bar, originally called Wasabi, later changed to Unagi. New place will have sushi but is a totally new idea-am excited about both the new idea and the proximity to good sushi everyday again!

Congrats on your progress! Hoping for the best for you!

Hey, y'all! I'm in Central. When your new place opens up, be sure to post. I LOVE sushi!!!

I wish I had gotten a "got it" email! I know that it was posted on Facebook that an email had been sent to one person indicating that all Round 3 info sheets were received, but it still makes me nervous that I sent mine in twice and didn't get a response either time. :confused3

I've been keeping track of everyone and the last count I had was 24 as well. :)

Congratulations on round 3. :banana:

Out of curiosity do you know how many of those 24 were for DLR?

Is this Wednesday at 3:30pm EST! :goodvibes

I leave for WDW on Thursday....so, I will have a great distraction for awhile!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :hug:

Congratulations on round 3. :banana:

Out of curiosity do you know how many of those 24 were for DLR?

I think I'm the only one! From the disboards anyway! But I could be wrong...more people are coming forward as the days go by!
Twende has a list in here somewhere? Check the first post :)
Did you try for DLR?

I wish I had gotten a "got it" email! I know that it was posted on Facebook that an email had been sent to one person indicating that all Round 3 info sheets were received, but it still makes me nervous that I sent mine in twice and didn't get a response either time. :confused3

I've been keeping track of everyone and the last count I had was 24 as well. :)

First and foremost, congrats to all of you R3ers this year :woohoo:

I have been quiet this year, but I certainly know how you are feeling right about now. It's a quite the mix of emotions, isn't it?

My journey ended this year at R2, but I was a Finalist last year. I don't know about this year, but in 2010, we THINK there were 35 Finalists and 15 were appointed to the Panel. Now, that being said, things seem to be running a bit differently this year with the Specialties and all so the numbers could also be vastly different than previous years. One thing that did surprise us last year was the number of people that either weren't on social media sites or simply chose not to "reveal" themselves until after the Panel was announced. I know absolutely nothing about the actual numbers this year, but I would guess that if you have "found" 24, there are probably around 30-35 out there. Again, just a guess based on my experience last year.

I know you are all nervous about the interviews, but just take a deep breath, relax and be yourself. Wishing you all buckets of :tink:!!!!

Courtney :)

Good evening all...

Primarily, once again I want to thank you all for your words of comfort and heartfelt condolences. Words cannot express how truly blessed I am to be part of such a wonderful group of people.

So glad to hear that you all are setting up your interviews for this week. I'm excited to hear what your experiences are as well as to share what my experience will be. I am not going to overthink my answers, and I am not going to worry about what I left out and what I said. They want to hear who we really are how our Disney passion shines. Plus, it helps that I know I'll have an angel on my shoulder.

Have a good night all.

Evening DISers,
As I was celebrating my advancement to Round 3, my family and I were informed that my father had passed away today. He was very ill, and sick for almost a year with kidney failure and heart disease.
I am broken hearted but know that he is a better place.

Thank you to my fellow DISers in advance for your prayers and words of comfort. I considered removing myself from the WDW moms panel nominees but my father was so happy that I had made it to round 3, that I've decided to continue in his honor, as I know that is what he would've wanted.

Thank you again and much love.

So sorry to hear your news! My dad is in hospice now, and I got a call Friday that I had to get my butt on a plane because he had lost the power of speech. When I got there, he had improved, and said, "Did you hear from Disney?"
While I didn't make round 3 (or rather, never heard..) it didn't matter much in that moment.
If he speaks for all dads, please know that your choice to honor him by moving forward is probably exactly what he'd want you to do.
BEST OF LUCK! As a teacher of the visually impaired, I'm glad someone who knowledge of disabilities will be on the panel (I bet).

Sadly I never heard back either. After all the time and energy it was hard to end the journey in limbo.
Wishing all of you the best and hoping the experience is all that you hope for!

Looks like I am in good company, have not received a yes or no email from Disney.

I wonder what happened to their tech team and/or their communications folks?

I've worked in PR and if you make a mistake, you quickly and kindly get out some kind of response. They must be aware of the issue by now.

Hello :)

I'm still dancing, and looking forward to this week ! :banana:

Wishing all our R3-ers lots of luck with your interviews :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Happy Monday :)

:cheer2: Well, it's officially the first full week of November and time for the R3 interviews!! :cheer2:
Best of luck to all those getting mentally prepared for the last step. Try to relax, be yourself, and let your inner Disney magic shine through. I'm rooting for you!!

Hey GBBTomorrow and Sufergrl31!

When we get the new place up and running I'll be sure to post. We can have an I love Disney meetup!

Good luck to everyone on your interviews this week!! I've done a few phone interviews for jobs, and I know how nerve-wracking it can be. Just make sure you are in a quiet place where you won't get distracted, speak slowly and clearly, and allow yourself a moment or two after they ask you a question to think about how you will respond. I'm sure most of the questions will be about your personal Disney experiences, how you handled different situations, or about planning for yourself or others, so if you think it will help, jot down a few notes for yourself on a piece of paper of things you may want to mention.

You all will be amazing, and each of you are more than deserving of being on the panel. Best of luck!

Hey Wasabi girl, that would be an awesome idea! Disney and sushi, life doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks so much arbolita & MJAJmom!! I am a nervous wreck and my interview isn't until Thursday! It really is such a comfort to know that so many special people are being so supportive and rooting us on! :goodvibes Now I just have to figure out how to be a productive person this week.:confused3

Good Morning "Hopefuls" Family. :lovestruc I thankfully had a super busy 4 days with my son's Shakespeare production, but now it's time to check-in...

Thanks for the clouds of dust pixiedust: from all on this thread (including the present Panelists :flower3: ).

Thinking of you today, Malanie.

Keep the faith fellow Round 3'ers :goodvibes- I don't interview until Wednesday at 1:30, but will light my special intention candle tomorrow for all of YOU. :goodvibes

Good Morning "Hopefuls" Family. :lovestruc I thankfully had a super busy 4 days with my son's Shakespeare production, but now it's time to check-in...

Thanks for the clouds of dust pixiedust: from all on this thread (including the present Panelists :flower3: ).

Thinking of you today, Malanie.

Keep the faith fellow Round 3'ers :goodvibes- I don't interview until Wednesday at 1:30, but will light my special intention candle tomorrow for all of YOU. :goodvibes

:flower3:

Thanks for posting your Mom's Panel Training trip report Emma! I also loved reading Kaylene's trip report about her training last year. This is my gentle way of nudging (demanding?) that those of you R3ers who are chosen to be on the panel must must must link to your trip reports in this thread. The rest of us need to live vicariously through your experiences until we are chosen ourselves!

Thanks for posting your Mom's Panel Training trip report Emma! I also loved reading Kaylene's trip report about her training last year. This is my gentle way of nudging (demanding?) that those of you R3ers who are chosen to be on the panel must must must link to your trip reports in this thread. The rest of us need to live vicariously through your experiences until we are chosen ourselves!

Agreed! Here is my nudge (push!) Good luck to all! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter