More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Evening DISers,
As I was celebrating my advancement to Round 3, my family and I were informed that my father had passed away today. He was very ill, and sick for almost a year with kidney failure and heart disease.
I am broken hearted but know that he is a better place.

Thank you to my fellow DISers in advance for your prayers and words of comfort. I considered removing myself from the WDW moms panel nominees but my father was so happy that I had made it to round 3, that I've decided to continue in his honor, as I know that is what he would've wanted.

Thank you again and much love.

So sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hi there Disney Dream Girl! would love for you to come to Rochester! Got a twitter message from marcmantoo... there is going to be a meet up at a movie theater here in Rochester on Nov. 26th... to go see the muppet movie with Mark.. and other disney fans? Kids too.. I'm in... wanna go?:goodvibes

Anyone else? If you're from out of town.. all are welcome here! ;)

I will let you know...need to check the calendar. Crazy how life is getting booked up to the end of the year already. Going to see the Muppet Movie with a bunch would be fun with Dis-friends!

Evening DISers,
As I was celebrating my advancement to Round 3, my family and I were informed that my father had passed away today. He was very ill, and sick for almost a year with kidney failure and heart disease.

Thank you to my fellow DISers in advance for your prayers and words of comfort. I considered removing myself from the WDW moms panel nominees but my father was so happy that I had made it to round 3, that I've decided to continue in his honor, as I know that is what he would've wanted.

So sorry to hear that your father passed. Take Care of yourself, Malanie. :hug:

Malanie :grouphug: I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.

Losing a parent is the strangest of feelings. You feel so lost, yet common sense keeps telling you that you are an adult and not a child so what is the big deal? :confused3

The big deal is the loss of a future with that parent. It is the loss of time that parent could have had with you, grandchildren, and great grandchild. It hurts! It stings! It makes you rock a room with sobs and tears. :sad1: It is just plain hard. :sad2:

But that pain is a good thing, and no, I have not lost my mind although I have wondered about it in the past few months and days since the sudden loss of both of my parents.

That gripping pain you are feeling is the love that you have shared and been shown. That heaviness in your chest is because of all the memories you have of that parent. I would not lose a second of those memories to make this pain go away.

Eventually, in my time, and in your time, the tears and pain will lessen and will be replaced with smiles that come from remembering the good stuff! :grouphug:

May your heart find some ease in knowing how very proud your dad was of you, that incredible person you have become! :goodvibes

What beautiful, wise words. Hugs to both of you as you remember your parents/father. :hug::hug:

I'll be sending pixie-dusted prayers your way this week, Malanie. Go get 'em! :wizard:

Evening DISers,

Oh no...I am so sorry to hear about this....

Sending you many hugs. :grouphug:

Evening DISers,

Prayers to you and your family LaneOT.. I'm so glad that you father was able to share in your wonderful news before he passed.. I am certain he would have wanted you to continue on this journey! I will continue to think of you and your father... Heidi

Evening DISers,

:hug:

Evening DISers,

I am so sorry to hear this! I can't imagine the myriad of emotions you are experiencing right now. I am glad that you find peace in knowing your father is now without pain but it is still so painful to lose a parent. I lost my father 5 years ago and while it is easier now than it was then, I still miss him very much. It is, as others have said, the memories that will help soothe you as time goes by.

Hugs to you and wishing you all the best as you move forward in the Moms Panel process!

Evening DISers,

Oh Malanie, I'm so sorry-
I was hoping you were off celebrating. Though bittersweet, I'm sure you take heart in knowing your dad was so happy for and proud of YOU. That's something powerful that you can take forward... :grouphug:

Donna

Hi Folks!

I just joined the boards because I've been lurking through this WDW Moms Panel process and have so enjoyed everyone's responses. This is a very supportive group of people with so much Disney passion.

I applied for the runDisney panel and made it to R2, but did not make it to R3. Thank you all for helping get me through the long wait time before finding out the results of R2 and the disappointment after reading that misleading email!!!

Congratulations to everyone that made it - I think the judges still have some hard decisions to make!

Thank you so much everyone for all the well wishes and kind words!:lovestruc This experience has been very humbling and I am so proud to say I am apart of a group of such wonderful people. I know it's hard to see it nnow, but don't loose hope! I've applied all five years and this was the first year I made it past the first round!

Thank you so much for everyone's support and pixie dust. It will be greatly needed to get through this phone interview!

That is a lot of years to apply! Congratulations on making it through this year :cheer2: Wondering if you did anything different this year to make it to round 3 than in years past?

Evening DISers,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. I lost my dad many years ago and still today will think fondly of things that he would have enjoyed with me. While your heart is breaking, there will still be a part that is warmed by how proud he was of you. He'll forever be your special angel and though he is not physically there any more, his presence in your life will forever be felt. Many hugs to you and your family.

Hi everyone! I was shocked to be woken up by my husband (at 1:30 am) to be told I made it to Round 3. The email came in at 10:18 pm. I think I have been in a state of disbelief all day and that is partly why I have been unable to post until now. I am a candidate for the DVC panel. I am greatly humbled to make it thus far knowing the tremendous wealth of knowledge, passion, and experience other candidates have to offer as panelists. I want to congratulate everyone for their efforts with this shared adventure and all the adventures they help others to plan on these boards. I am honestly super excited, but also quite nervous. Best of luck to everyone!

At last someone for DVC! Congratulations to you! So I'll ask you the question I asked many pages ago. Have you used your points for stays outside of WDW & just out of curiousity how long have you been a member?

LaneOT - I'm so sorry for your loss. :sad1: :hug:

Just stopped in to say a quick congrats to all th R3ers that I didn't catch yesterday. Hope your weekends fly by and you don't spend too much time thinking about 'The Interview'.

LaneOT, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I wish I knew something to say to make that pain easier to bear.

I am SO sorry about the loss of your father. It sounds like he was SO very proud of you for making it to round 3 of the DMP process. In my humble opinion, for whatever it is worth, I think a wonderful way to honor his memory and his legacy is to keep on chasing your dreams....

Sending you HUGE hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

Evening DISers,

I am sending you and your family my heartfelt prayers. My own mother passed away suddenly one year ago this month, so I can relate to your deep sadness. Although the pain of losing a parent never really goes away, All I can tell you is that in time, this wound will not feel so fresh and you will feel joyful again about life and its many blessings. I'm glad you have chosen to continue on to R3 because there is no parent in the world who wouldn't want their child to continue down a path of something that makes them happy, especially in a time of grief. Take a deep breath before the phone interview and use it as a small distraction from your pain. Distractions are good and what could be a better distraction than something related to Disney World like the Moms Panel?

Hang in there as best you can and know that you have the support of many friends, family, and even this wonderful message board. I am sending you a giant virtual hug. You will get through this. Take it one day at a time.

:hug:

Sheri

This board has only reinforced my belief that Disney fanatics are fantastic! The Disney culture is so uplifting, encouraging and positive. A place where wishes do come true with faith, trust and a bit of pixie dust. And that sort of place attracts like-minded folks! Yes I'm disappointed, but there's no one else I'd rather be disappointed with! ;)

And I am convinced beyond a shadow of doubt, that those who have moved on to R3 will represent the disboards with nothing less than the true Disney spirit!

This is so perfectly said! I agree completely. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter