More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

I'm out and very thankful lol The more I thought about it the more I didnt like the fact that I would have to sensor and edit myself too much. :lmao:

I wont apply next year. :thumbsup2

But I did enjoy the ride!! And I wish the best to all who made it to round 3!! :cheer2:

Heidi, If it helps at all the ROUND TWO list is alphabetical by state with USA first then other countries, also alphabetical.

A GTG with wine sounds devine. I wish I was closer too! :goodvibes

We'll have to meet up back in Austintown some time! :) Curious as to where the #s are? Seems like about 90 so far have checked in? And only 9 made it to round 3?? Am I right?:confused3

I'm out and very thankful lol The more I thought about it the more I didnt like the fact that I would have to sensor and edit myself too much. :lmao:

I wont apply next year. :thumbsup2

But I did enjoy the ride!! And I wish the best to all who made it to round 3!! :cheer2:

You know speaking of censoring yourself...I wonder if quoting Brokeback Mountain in one of my responses might have been a fatal error on my part, lol. You know..."I just can't quit you"? This was in my attempt to explain why we haven't used our DVC points outside of wdw yet.:rotfl:

Encouraged to see a few more of us with good news this morning, but still a bit surprised at how low the numbers are from our group. I truly wonder if things with the panel didn't change course mid-way this year, given the seemingly haphazard timing of things, the later announcement date, etc. Having worked in hiring for 9 years before becoming a SAHM (and hiring intern classes - similar in size, scope, timing to the Mom's Panel), I'm more than familiar with needs changing midcourse. Perhaps they decided to keep more past panelists on, elected to not have as many specialty panelists, decided they didn't have enough good candidates to have a large R3 :scared1:, or maybe they're just running behind. I guess we'll never know....unless someone from here ultimately makes it onto this year's panel, and can pump the powers-that-be for info during training. :rotfl:

I didi reread the e-mail this morning, and do agree with the questionable wording about "thousands of applications" and making it to the final. This certainly raises some questions - or someone at Disney really needs a refresher course in business writing. As a poster last night said, they were trying to cover up the rejection with an overdose of flowery language, and ultimately made the rejection worse. Sometimes short and direct is the way to go - like a Band-Aid!

I am in Northen VA (Fairfax County) too. I am interested in a regional meet up

Someone want to create a forum? I'm in Central VA but would be fine to travel a bit :D Or y'all can come down here ;) Charlottesville has lots of wineries and gorgeous scenery.

I'm just outside of Baltimore, but I could be convinced to head down to Fairfax, depending on when a meetup occurs.

Wow, surprised at the small number of R3ers! The good news, even though I didn't make it, is that I can now at least plan how to use my remaining vacation days throughout the holidays. I was trying to save some just in case I was making a training trip!

Good news is I'll be at DL next week too. Drown my sorrows in some shopping. Speaking of shopping- TDS has 25% off parks merchandise today- parks25 code. Great new ornaments on there too!:wizard:

WOOO HOOOO !!!! :cool1:

I made it to the Final !!!

I am in shock, have only just found out.... am now going to read back through all the posts to see all the news from everyone else.

Yay !!! :banana:
Congrats to you Suey!!!!

But, I've applied every year and this was the 1st time making it to R2 so I'm going to work really hard on my social media skills and jump in enthusiastically again next year. Big Congrats to all who made it. :worship:

Kathy
I know, same for me. Applied every year, first year making R2. Here's hoping R3 is next step for us next year! ;)

As the self-proclaimed DMP Stalker (those of you from the original thread and the M&G know what I'm talking about), I propose a meet up where we can all properly stalk the new DMP members-the training weekend! It will fulfill the trip requirement for the 2013 application as well as an opportunity to rub elbows with Laura and company. Once again, I have taken the joke a little too far.

A huge congrats to all who have made it to R3.

@physicalt-I saw you at the M&G and it looks like you might be the one Laura said would be on the panel from the room. Wishing you the best of luck.

@suey-I love your wonderful, encouraging attitude. Hoping you make it and that we can meet at next year's M&G.

And for those of you with broken hearts-God just closed a door, but there's an open window somewhere with your name on it. Use that Disney passion and find it!

I am so sad to say that I did not make it to Round 3 this year either. It's the second year in a row that I've made it to Round 2, so, for that, I'm grateful. Like most of you, I was instantly excited by the subject line of the email and had to slow down and read it VERY carefully to realize that I didn't make it. I should have known immediately by the lack of the word "congratulations" in the subject!

I applied for the DVC Panel, but we just became Members this year, maybe they were looking for someone with more years of membership under their belt. I don't know. But I am so so so super sad today. :sad1:

Congratulations to all of you that received a Pixie Dusted email! I'm so happy for you all and will be right here cheering for you! Best of luck! :cheer2:

Laurabearz: The censoring yourself comment really strikes a chord with me. It is the one thing that made me hesitant about the Moms Panel. I love Disney but do not think that the "strict Disney line" is always the best. I've seen answers on the panel that seem to be pushing the Disney stuff a bit too much to be "just honest mom to mom advice" and am not sure I'm cut out for that. I applied for runDisney but did not mention the ChEAR squad in my spectator answer because I'm not really convinced it is worth the money... not sure if this counts against me, but I want to be honest and give advice that I would to a friend, not just what Disney wants to hear.

So, here's a question for everyone who didn't make it past Round 2 - knowing what you know now, would you rather have been cut during Round 1?

Last night, I was thinking it would have been better to just have been cut in Round 1 as I have all other years - making it to Round 2 elevated my hopes just a little too much. I think this morning, though, I'm glad for the experience of Round 2, and we'll just see how things go next year. I am worried, though, that I won't be able to be quite so blase' after submitting for Round 1 like I have in previous years - and will be crushed if the response is "no". But I have a year to work on that! :goodvibes

Oh, and to those still waiting for an e-mail - who knows, there may still be hope! I heard a WDW Today podcast from last year with Laura Spencer on it again recently, and she made the comment that she actually received a rejection e-mail after R2, and it wasn't until Disney called her to do a R3 interview on the spot that she/they realized that had happened. And she said that being inside the process now, she can see how that could happen. So, you never know! :hug:

We'll have to meet up back in Austintown some time! :) Curious as to where the #s are? Seems like about 90 so far have checked in? And only 9 made it to round 3?? Am I right?:confused3

I have 19 confirmed right now! This is out of about 152 DisBoard members from ROUND 2.

I was just trying to work on the list. Here is the group I have who either have not received an email yet or who have not checked into this thread.

If your name is on this list and you are not moving on to ROUND 3 please let me know.

I know some of you have stated that you are checking in here but you just have not received an email yet. Here's to hoping there is great news for you all in this rumored noon email. :wizard::goodvibes

busyatdisney – Lori – Chandler, AZ – DLR Panel

Disneyfun1 - Art - Phoenix, AZ – DCL Panel

Nftysqrt – Becca - Long Beach, CA – DLR Panel

DisneylandDenizen – Daryl - San Diego, CA - DLR Panel

CruiseMickey - Melissa - Fernandina Beach, FL - WDW

Debonna - Amy - Marietta, GA.

thood713 – GA – WDW Panel

kris10399 - Kris - Round Lake, IL - DVC Panel

ADisneyFamly - Tinley Park, IL

AllyWDW – KY – WDW Panel

Princessofthehouse – Susan - Frederick, MD

PirateMom – Beth from St. Louis, MO – WDW Panel

WeLoveLilo05 - Jaclyn from Spring Lake Heights, NJ

MousekaReady – NJ

skprmiss - Marissa S. - Long Island, NY – DVC Panel

Cuddlemama - Leigh – NY - DVC Panel

**MamaCrush – Denise - Concord, NC - DVC Panel

Bob4Buckeyes – Bob - Chardon,OH- WDW Panel

**BLTby40 - Shannon - Arlington, VA – WDW Panel

**MinnieDiva - Oak Harbor, WA – DLR Panel

MissCrystalV – WI

happyplacemom – Roberta - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada –WDW Panel

DisneyLisa – Susan - Ottawa, Canada - runDisney

tndvc

abqdisneymom - DLR Panel

**StephanieSum -

**Imadreamlover – DCL Panel

**amylovesdvc – DVC Panel

** - Checked in but no email yet

I have 9 confirmed right now! This is out of about 139 DisBoard members from ROUND 2.

I was just trying to work on the list. Here is the group I have who either have not received an email yet or who have not checked into this thread.

If your name is on this list and you are not moving on to ROUND 3 please let me know.

I know some of you have stated that you are checking in here but you just have not received an email yet. Here's to hoping there is great news for you all in this rumored noon email. :wizard::goodvibes

busyatdisney – Lori – Chandler, AZ – DLR Panel

Disneyfun1 - Art - Phoenix, AZ – DCL Panel

Nftysqrt – Becca - Long Beach, CA – DLR Panel

DisneylandDenizen – Daryl - San Diego, CA - DLR Panel

Cour10eB – Courtney – CA – DLR Panel

DopeyinCO - Denver, CO

mariaelenak – Maria - Fairfield County, CT – DVC Panel

CruiseMickey - Melissa - Fernandina Beach, FL - WDW

Debonna - Amy - Marietta, GA.

thood713 – GA – WDW Panel

kris10399 - Kris - Round Lake, IL - DVC Panel

ADisneyFamly - Tinley Park, IL

runmommyrun – IL – runDisney Panel

AllyWDW – KY – WDW Panel

Princessofthehouse – Susan - Frederick, MD

mickeydonalgoofyyy – Lisa- Swansea, MA – DVC Panel

cckovach - Connie - St. Louis, MO - WDW Panel

PirateMom – Beth from St. Louis, MO – WDW Panel

WeLoveLilo05 - Jaclyn from Spring Lake Heights, NJ

MousekaReady – NJ

skprmiss - Marissa S. - Long Island, NY – DVC Panel

Cuddlemama - Leigh – NY - DVC Panel

**MamaCrush – Denise - Concord, NC - DVC Panel

rhonimouse – Rhonda – SW OH - DVC Panel

Bob4Buckeyes – Bob - Chardon,OH- WDW Panel

CJCPixieDust - Charlene - RI – WDW Panel

surfergrl31 – Amanda - Simpsonville, SC - WDW Panel

LisaTex – Lisa - Austin TX – ABD

**BLTby40 - Shannon - Arlington, VA – WDW Panel

MinnieDiva - Oak Harbor, WA – DLR Panel

DisneyRunner2009 - Lisa – WI – runDisney Panel

MissCrystalV – WI

happyplacemom – Roberta - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada –WDW Panel

TinkerBelle 325 – Megan - Toronto, Ontario, Canada - WDW Panel

DisneyLisa – Susan - Ottawa, Canada - runDisney

tndvc –

nancytoby - runDisney Panel

abqdisneymom - DLR Panel

**StephanieSum –

** - Checked in but no email yet

Unfortunately, I did not make it Round 3 - RunDisney Panel
~Denise

So, here's a question for everyone who didn't make it past Round 2 - knowing what you know now, would you rather have been cut during Round 1?

Last night, I was thinking it would have been better to just have been cut in Round 1 as I have all other years - making it to Round 2 elevated my hopes just a little too much. I think this morning, though, I'm glad for the experience of Round 2, and we'll just see how things go next year. I am worried, though, that I won't be able to be quite so blase' after submitting for Round 1 like I have in previous years - and will be crushed if the response is "no". But I have a year to work on that! :goodvibes

Oh, and to those still waiting for an e-mail - who knows, there may still be hope! I heard a WDW Today podcast from last year with Laura Spencer on it again recently, and she made the comment that she actually received a rejection e-mail after R2, and it wasn't until Disney called her to do a R3 interview on the spot that she/they realized that had happened. And she said that being inside the process now, she can see how that could happen. So, you never know! :hug:

As broken as my heart is right now... you would think I wouldn't want to go thru this again... but I know I will try even harder next year. This year I almost didn't apply at all.. I've never made it past round 1 in previous years.. and I almost skipped it altogether! Instead I spent all of 10 minutes writing my answers and pressed the send button... I was shocked to get a congratulations.. you've made it to round 2 email! That being said... I'm thankful I tried bc if I hadn't made it to round 2 this year I probably would have just given up in the future... I truly believe things happen for a reason! (HUGS) to all...
ps. I told my husband this a.m. that I think maybe they sent me the wrong email! (LOL)...:goodvibes

Okay group. DH and DD are having a fit since I have been a bit tied up on this computer. I have errands I need to run ......out of cat liter ......:scared1::laughing:.

So you are on your own for a while. :dance3:

I am really hoping that a bunch of you get great news in the next batch of emails! :grouphug:

Denise - pinkcountess - I did remover you from my Master list. Sorry!

The list above is only people from my Master list who have not reported getting a "NO Thanks" email.

Sadly, I did not make it to Round 3. But I'm wishing everyone that did the best of luck :goodvibes

Have to admit, I'm not too pleased with the process. The long wait, coupled with the misleading email has made me feel significantly less than magical at the moment.

But, now I can focus on Christmas, my favorite time of the year, and on my next trip to WDW in April 2011 :thumbsup2

As the self-proclaimed DMP Stalker (those of you from the original thread and the M&G know what I'm talking about), I propose a meet up where we can all properly stalk the new DMP members-the training weekend! It will fulfill the trip requirement for the 2013 application as well as an opportunity to rub elbows with Laura and company. Once again, I have taken the joke a little too far.

A huge congrats to all who have made it to R3.

@physicalt-I saw you at the M&G and it looks like you might be the one Laura said would be on the panel from the room. Wishing you the best of luck.

@suey-I love your wonderful, encouraging attitude. Hoping you make it and that we can meet at next year's M&G.

And for those of you with broken hearts-God just closed a door, but there's an open window somewhere with your name on it. Use that Disney passion and find it!

Thanks Amy!! :flower3:
I know Amanda (Disney Go To Girl) and Ashley (Mama of All Trades) made it to Round 3 AGAIN, and they were there too.

Come what may, I hope we ALL get to be together at next year's Meet & Greet :dance3:

I'm out for WDW Panel.

My bb acted up last night and I didn't see the email until this morning. Probably for the best since my family was planning our excursions for our March Disney Mexican Riviera Cruise/Disneyland trip. It would have been a downer.

I also agree with everyone's posts regarding the wording of the "No thanks" email. It sounded like we made it to the "last round" not R2. And the subject was misleading that I reread my email a few times.

Oh well.

Congratulations to everyone who has made it to R3! Maybe people haven't checked their email yet this morning. I expected so many more of us on this Board to get to R3.

Again, congrats!!:banana: We're all rooting for you, R3! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter