More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

I actually had a dream last night that I got an apology email from Disney that they had sent me the wrong email and I really made it on to round 3 :rotfl:

Oh well! Back to reality! Guess I'll have to make a bunch of trips to DL and WDW this year to get ready for next year!

Again, congrats to those who made it to R3 -I hope you ALL make it to the panel!!:worship:

Good Morning all...
Last night was a bit surreal for me... It is such an honor to have made it to Round 2 amongst thousands of equally and sometimes more, qualified applicants. And it is truly a priviledge to be able to move on to Round 3. I know that the members on this thread are all Disney fans and have a wealth of knowledge to impart and are all eager to share their Disney passion with others at the drop of a hat.

Thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement and for the great support system that the DIS has become synonymous with...

Hugs to all of you!!!:grouphug:

For those who wanted to know...The Round 3 applicants are being asked to schedule their interviews Tuesday-Thursday, Novemeber 8-10 between the hours of 1-5pm. The panel will make the decision and we will be notified by telephone on or about November 18.

This is later than previous years, but seeing as this year has been a segway from the precedent, I'm not surprised...

Congratulations to

shalecesjourney
dawgs4disney
Mom2Joce
LaneOT
physicalt104
CanuckDisneyMom
rhorsley

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yay!! I'm thrilled for you all, good luck next week :goodvibes

I really mean it when I say I'm so sorry for everyone who is feeling very disappointed today. It has been a tough wait for us all, and I knew that a "no", after all this waiting would feel horrible. I do know how you feel. :sad1:

Don't give up!! There's always next year, there's always Disney, there's always dreaming :grouphug:

Hooray for Suey :cheer2:
I think I'm more excited for your news than I was my own!

To every other friend here, many of us above have been in your shoes (and may still be again next week :rolleyes1). We know the kicked-in-the-gut feeling well, BUT WE GAVE IT ANOTHER GO.

Never give up :flower3:

I'd love to hear from those who made it to R3... what were your videos like?

MJaclyn... Its so sad that you didnt advance to Round 3 this year... I was almost sure of it!!!

My video was just me sitting on the water wall at my job waxing poetically about my brother's engagement at Cinderella's Royal Table. I helped him plan each step and spoke about how they were so receptive and how although all the family couldn't be there with him, the Disney Family (all the families dining that evening) were so congratulatory and encouraging that it really felt like he was amongst family.

Maybe the view helped...:)

I honestly dont know what they look for when they see these videos... I liked my video last year and did not advance...I wasnt happy with my video this year as I had to film it on my android phone because my camera was on the fritz, and I advanced...go figure!

Congratulations to

shalecesjourney
dawgs4disney
Mom2Joce
LaneOT
physicalt104
CanuckDisneyMom
rhorsley

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yay!! I'm thrilled for you all, good luck next week :goodvibes

I really mean it when I say I'm so sorry for everyone who is feeling very disappointed today. It has been a tough wait for us all, and I knew that a "no", after all this waiting would feel horrible. I do know how you feel. :sad1:

Don't give up!! There's always next year, there's always Disney, there's always dreaming :grouphug:

Thank you Sue!!!!!

I completely agree...everyone here on this thread is truly amazing and supportive!!!!:hug:

Congrats to everyone moving on!! I'm so excited to hear from you all and can't wait to hear from more of you!!

To everyone else, I think you are ALL MAGICAL and am proud to call you my friends! :hug:

For those who wanted to know...The Round 3 applicants are being asked to schedule their interviews Tuesday-Thursday, Novemeber 8-10 between the hours of 1-5pm. The panel will make the decision and we will be notified by telephone on or about November 18.

And that leaves panel members exactly 21 days to make all their plans for being away from family and traveling to Florida for several days for training!?! With all due respect to Disney, that's pretty crazy to expect that of people who are essentially volunteering their services.

Out of the 7 of us in the DCL category.. everyone is out but one person so far??

And I'm out too -- although when I saw the e-mail this morning I was one of those who had to read it more than once. But I have to say I'm a bit relieved to finally know one way or another. Best of luck to those moving on..

I'm out! :sad2: Congrats to those who are moving forward! :) Have a good rest of the day everyone! Hugs! :hug:

I made it to R2 but just lurked around here with fear of jinxing it :lmao: It didn't matter, I didn't make it to R3 either!

Honestly I'm surprised at how low the numbers are on here and FB. Maybe by the end of today they will go up?

I had a dream last night that they let all the R2ers go to the training anyway but we had to sit at a different table and didn't get the gift basket :rotfl:

Good luck to those few moving on! I'll be happily reading about the rest of your journey!

I'm out too. :sad1: Not a big surprise. I prepared myself for it last week so it wasn't such a blow this morning when I saw the email.

I made it to Round 3!!!!!

I am very fortunate to get to move on to round 3 as well!! I am so sorry for all of you that didn't go forward. This is the first time I have ever made it past Round 1, so I totally understand the disappointment. We all love Disney!! I got on the forum to see what was happening and realized people were getting emails, so I went to check my email. There was a congratulation in the tag line.I know I still have the phone interview, which I am already nervous about.
Please send me pixie dust next week!!

I seriously can't believe it! I made it to round 3! I'm so excited but my heart is aching for those who didn't! As my daughter and I jump around our living room with excitement I know there are so many that have just as much Disney passion as I do that aren't doing the dance of joy with their loved ones!

This is my first year applying and I applied for Disneyland resort!

I made it to round 3!!! I can't believe it!!

I was sick all week and celebrated my 36 th birthday yesterday with a cup of theraflu.... I'm so excited!!

Congratulations to all those fellow R3 ers and a big hug to my fellow R2 ers who Didn't make it thru...much love to u all!!

I just got back from my DS's play: "Much Ado About Nothing"-

NOT! :thumbsup2

A congratulations e-mail was waiting for me when I got home.

Now I am hoping for last year's play: "Alls Well That Ends Well"!!

Shout out to all DIS pals that are moving on.
Special hugs :grouphug: to everyone else who will keep the faith and apply again next September!!!
Let's all dream on... pixiedust:

I'm so excited (& still in somewhat of a state of shock & disbelief!) to say that I am moving on to Round 3! :wizard:

:grouphug: to those who aren't moving on ... Making it past the first round is a huge accomplishment and nothing can take away your :love: of all things Disney and of sharing that knowledge!

Looking forward to seeing what the next week entails.

So I was asleep and something woke me (baby maybe?). Thought I'd check again....OMG, I made it to round 3...after a week of reading how awesome you all are as people and seeing your love & dedication to all things Mouse, I convinced myself I had little shot. I am so happy, but so sad that this wonderful (and at times exasperating) journey will continue without so many of you. Please stay with us. I can only speak for myself, but the care and encouragement shown every day have (for me) made this process so worth it on its own. Thank you so much for that! :grouphug:

WOOO HOOOO !!!! :cool1:

I made it to the Final !!!

I am in shock, have only just found out.... am now going to read back through all the posts to see all the news from everyone else.

Yay !!! :banana:

Congratulations to all of you!!!! :cheer2:

I'm out. The subject of the email was really misleading and heartbreaking.

Vey disappointed in the wording of the email and the length of time we all had to wait to hear from them. I feel like I've wasted a week of my life hoping for good news. I'm happy for the select few that made it to round 3. I'm just not happy about the emotional roller coaster they put us through that was unnecessary.

ITA. The round 2 journey was a very strange one & the thanks but no thanks email should have been worded differently.

To those that applied for DVC - Now I can ask my question I've been wondering about ever since I submitted my answers. How many of you have used your points for stays outside WDW? We haven't & as soon as I saw that question I had a feeling it would knock me right out. I could be totally wrong about that, but maybe they really did want someone that has done it. We plan to trade out at some point, but when we became members in '08 I made it my mission to try every DVC resort. I only have BLT to go. We never have time to use our points anywhere else. Just curious how others answered that question. I told them what I just said & also mentioned the places I'd like to go with my points when we get the chance. Has anyone reported back they got a yes for the DVC round 3 panel?

I'll be cheering on all you round 3 finalists & fully expect to see all of you that didn't make it this year back here waiting again next year!

So excited for you that have moved on to the final round. Please don't get too worked up about the interviews. They are very nice people, and the interview is a conversation, not an interrogation!

As for those of you not moving on, so sorry. I know that it has been said so many times it becomes cliche, but it is really a game of numbers. There is no doubt that all of you would have made great panelists (and may still...Can you say Disney Moms Panel 2013?), but they can only interview so many people. So dust yourselves off, have a great weekend, and know that next year will be here sooner than you might imagine!

Thanks for letting us lurkers watch the magic unfold!

Is there anyone else who hasn't received an email? I've checked my inbox, spam, junk, and deleted emails too many times to count:confused:

I went back and looked at my confirmation email for submitting the round 2 application. It was there and looks good:thumbsup2

Any ideas why I wouldn't have heard yet, and what to do if I don't hear by this afternoon? It just seems so strange that all of the emails wouldn't have gone out last night. Should I just assume that I didn't make it, or try to contact Laura if I don't hear?:scared1:

(BTW, after 9 years of lurking, it took this to make me post on my own account and not make my husband ask questions for me on his! LOL)

Is there anyone else who hasn't received an email? I've checked my inbox, spam, junk, and deleted emails too many times to count:confused:

I went back and looked at my confirmation email for submitting the round 2 application. It was there and looks good:thumbsup2

Any ideas why I wouldn't have heard yet, and what to do if I don't hear by this afternoon? It just seems so strange that all of the emails wouldn't have gone out last night. Should I just assume that I didn't make it, or try to contact Laura if I don't hear?:scared1:

(BTW, after 9 years of lurking, it took this to make me post on my own account and not make my husband ask questions for me on his! LOL)

There is someone I'm following on Twitter who hasn't heard anything yet either, so you're not alone! I hope you hear something soon, I can't imagine how much more frustrating not knowing must be now since you know that most people have heard their results.

First post but long time reader
I am out in Round 3
However, congrats to those moving forward and hope you will continue to post so we may ride on your coat tails of a fun and exciting journey

I just read my letter again. I am curious about this line "Having received thousands of entries, you can imagine the great task it was trying to narrow the field to the next round. While you were not among those selected" The way it is worded makes it sounds like thousands made it to the 2nd round. I know that I am overreading but did any of you read this the same way?

I believe you might be the 4th person who I've seen has not heard yet.... someone twittered to Ryan (who hasn't heard yet) that he should wait until noon? Good luck! It means you are still a hopeful! I'm hopeful for you! :cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter