MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

WOW
I am sooo sorry to see so many people upset by this. This, I'm sure, was not Disney's intention. They are merely trying to put together a forum where people can ask questions and get answers.

Does this sound familiar?

We have been doing that here all along. The perks of the mouse are the only thing that is different. Granted, they are nice perks and we all would like them but they can't do it for everyone. I do not envy the person whose job it is to chose from all those qualified applicants. At some point it has to turn into a proverbial coin toss.

I have been helping people plan their Disney vacations since before the days of the internet. But when I started on the internet, I searched high and low for people out there who shared my passion. By accident, I found a site that a guy named Pete had just started. There was one page where we could post questions and communicate with each other. I found out there are people out there who love Disney as much as I do. It was so exciting. My husband made fun of me when I would keep him posted on what new plans Pete had for his site. I hid the credit card statement when I sent Pete money (for what would have been the first round of site sponsors I guess) to help keep the site open. I know there were others sitting at their keyboards just like me. Sitting with baited breath just waiting to pounce on the next question. Sometimes days would go by before someone would post a new question. I had thousands of posts then before Pete switched to the current system. Since then, I don't have to post as much because it has grown to thousands out there sitting by their keyboards ready to pounce.
This site has been doing it for much longer than Disney themselves. And I believe much better. I do not think Disney has rejected anyone. I think they just can't take on the whole DIS community. There are just too many of us out there for them to handle. And this site is proof.
Be proud that you have already been part of a community of fellow Disney addicts. Celebrate what you have right here and please don't feel rejected.

I was hooked from the start. And I am as loyal to Pete, as I am to Disney for bringing joy to my life.

Well said PoohBear! The Dis is a great home for people like us that are hooked on Disney.

WOW
I am sooo sorry to see so many people upset by this. This, I'm sure, was not Disney's intention. They are merely trying to put together a forum where people can ask questions and get answers.

Does this sound familiar?

We have been doing that here all along. The perks of the mouse are the only thing that is different. Granted, they are nice perks and we all would like them but they can't do it for everyone. I do not envy the person whose job it is to chose from all those qualified applicants. At some point it has to turn into a proverbial coin toss.

I have been helping people plan their Disney vacations since before the days of the internet. But when I started on the internet, I searched high and low for people out there who shared my passion. By accident, I found a site that a guy named Pete had just started. There was one page where we could post questions and communicate with each other. I found out there are people out there who love Disney as much as I do. It was so exciting. My husband made fun of me when I would keep him posted on what new plans Pete had for his site. I hid the credit card statement when I sent Pete money (for what would have been the first round of site sponsors I guess) to help keep the site open. I know there were others sitting at their keyboards just like me. Sitting with baited breath just waiting to pounce on the next question. Sometimes days would go by before someone would post a new question. I had thousands of posts then before Pete switched to the current system. Since then, I don't have to post as much because it has grown to thousands out there sitting by their keyboards ready to pounce.
This site has been doing it for much longer than Disney themselves. And I believe much better. I do not think Disney has rejected anyone. I think they just can't take on the whole DIS community. There are just too many of us out there for them to handle. And this site is proof.
Be proud that you have already been part of a community of fellow Disney addicts. Celebrate what you have right here and please don't feel rejected.

I was hooked from the start. And I am as loyal to Pete, as I am to Disney for bringing joy to my life.

I've been on DIS from the beginning too! Between pete and deb wills, I was able to plan my trips. I went to the world 10 years before the www came to be so popular. I bet attendance at Disney really picked up when the sites started. I bet Disney feels fortunate to have this pool of applicants, so knowledgeable, willing and able to help others. Can't win em all, but it's fun trying!

WOW

It's only human nature to be disappointed or upset that they weren't chosen. I don't think anyone is mad or upset at Disney! We are all grateful for the opportunity to apply. I have applied 3x and haven't been chosen - yet! But it's nice to be able to post here and have others understand the disappointment. That's what the DISers are here for -each other!

Don't worry PoohBear, I'm not mad at Disney. I know their intention isn't to upset or hurt people. I love Disney, even though I did not make it to the second round. Looking forward to next year and all the Disney vacations until then!!!

Hey all! :goodvibes

Jud came up with the name, and I created the group last night after the "reject" e-mails went out.

Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Y...994?v=wall#/group.php?gid=153637308949&ref=mf

Our little group is growing quickly, and we are hoping to create something special over there.

The way I described it to Laura and a few others is this: I consider us ALL to be part of a giant special and exclusive group called, "The Mickey Moms Club."

(If you think about it--IF they allowed 20,000 people in each year, only 60,000 people in THE ENTIRE WORLD would be in this group, and we are all fortunate enough to be one of those 60,000 people.)

The cherry on top of our group is the Moms Panel itself! They are like our "governing body," or the cherry on top of our sundae!

We have been chatting about getting t-shirts made and setting up an initial group meet.

As Megan stated in an earlier post, these groups are not for bashing ANYONE.

Jud & I wanted to celebrate each one of us and the one thing we have in common--Disney!

We ALL love helping our friends and family plan trips, and as many of the Moms Panel girls and guys has already said--each one of us are special!

Come on over and join Jud and I and the other girls as we form our new little group!

...and yes, Laura Spencer, you are allowed to join! :thumbsup2

First off, to those who did not get invited to round 2, remember, it is more a roll of the dice than an interview. The real "you" just did not get to shine through.

Thanks!

Always the gentleman! Thank you Doug!

:)

Deb - I just joined the group, and I sent you an invite for the one I'm working on - it's a "closed" group right now so we can all work out the details of how we want it to work......anyone else, PM me with your e-mail if you want to be a part of it!!! If you have a particular area of expertise, let me know and I'll assign you to one of the discussion threads.....first come first serve!

Deb - I just joined the group, and I sent you an invite for the one I'm working on - it's a "closed" group right now so we can all work out the details of how we want it to work......anyone else, PM me with your e-mail if you want to be a part of it!!! If you have a particular area of expertise, let me know and I'll assign you to one of the discussion threads.....first come first serve!

I just sent you a pm! :goodvibes

Ah... I don't think we should have two FB groups for the same thing- idea is to come together not split the group. I posted first, but if you two ladies want to work it out, I suggest naked mudd wrestling! (and hope you are reading the other thread here! LOL!)

Jud

whew! finally my internet access at work is up and running!

a belated congrats to all the round 2'ers! good luck to all!

i would be interested in being part of whichever facebook group we decide to go with!!

is anyone else curious about why they are requesting a picture for round 2? after seeing the questions for round 2, i am pretty sure that even if i had gotten there, i would not have advanced. it seems like they are looking for a pretty specific audience. as far as milestones celebrated at disney, i only had one, and that was my ds'd first haircut (last august) and while it was very entertaining, it wasnt really a milestone per se.

when i got my rejection email (at 8:18 pm central) it also invited me to join the mmc... i am already a member from last year, do i have to rejoin again?

regardless i am happy for those that progressed!

here's to wishing for a total DIS panel! :wizard:

The alternate social networking sites will be a good way to get some blogging and networking experience that you can use on your application next year, right? :woohoo:

Is there a new thread for the moms that made it to the next round? I was surprised to see this thread on the 8th page:eek: I would like to follow along with the moms that made it. :goodvibes And cheer them along!

Thanks,

Is there a new thread for the moms that made it to the next round? I was surprised to see this thread on the 8th page:eek: I would like to follow along with the moms that made it. :goodvibes And cheer them along!

Thanks,

Hi Ingrid! The new thread is over here...see you there! :goodvibes

...and yes, Laura Spencer, you are allowed to join! :thumbsup2

I won't join because I don't ever want to disappoint you guys. I so miss being a part of the whole Disney community but I am so glad you now have even another way to fellowship and share love and pixie dust!!!!

Tired and teary from so many great apps. Must take nap now.:surfweb:

xoxoxoxoxox

Laura

I am so nervous and excited to apply! Good luck to all. I follow the Moms Panel on FB and they post any updates there about the Panel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter