• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moose & Goose- The 5th anniversary is the Dis Trip Anniversary- Baby Update #2 5/1

Self_resqing_princz

DIS Veteran
Welcome one and All!:welcome: :cool1: Thank you so much for joining my TR!

First let me tell you a little about me, in case you don't already know.

Im Rebecca& Ive been to Disney 6 times. For this report, I will be referred to as "Goose" (this is what my niece and nephew call me... you'll probably understand once you read the introduction for my husband). Once when I was 4 (88ish) (which the only thing I remember is pulling on Tiggers tail and he didnt turn around so I cried)& once with my high school marching band (00) (we were in a parade and I saw Cinderella without her dress on, behind the scenes- OH my!), once with my high school show choir (02) and twice with Michael and his family (2008 & 2010)- on property @ WL.

My favorite character is Tinker Bell- to my knowledge she is the only princess who doesnt need her man- he needs her. I LOVE her attitude in Peter Pan& they made her too happy and girly in the fairy movies, IMHO.

My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom- every time I walk down Main Street and smell the smells and see the Castle, I cry a little and Im not afraid to admit it. My favorite Disney movie& thats a tough one. Ill give top 5: Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Bolt, Enchanted. And my favorite ride would probably have to be Expedition Everest or Rockin' Roller Coaster.

This is my husband, Michael or "Moose" as I will try to refer to him as (and I). Hands off ladies... he's taken. :love1:

This photo is from our 2010 trip.
Hes been to Disney 8 times& twice with me... His favorite Disney movie is either Robin Hood or The Lion King, characters are Robin Hood and Hercules, park is Magic Kingdom and ride is Soarin'.

Now that the introductions are out of the way, I thought I'd start by explaining why I chose to write my trip report in the style I am. Ive noticed that there are several girls on the Disboards who like to do their TR like Friends episodes& for those of you who dont know, they are the ones who title their chapters The one where&..

I decided to do mine like a Rocky & Bullwinkle show&. Because my husbands nickname is Moose& and thats what all of his friends call him, I thought it a natural choice. :idea:

So, this is my PTR/TR. Ill go ahead and do a little preview about A. why we chose to do this trip and B. what is going to be the outline for our trip. First, Ill say- we decided to go for our 5th wedding anniversary, which is Sept. 6. We are staying at POR-Riverside (which neither of us have ever stayed at before) and we check in (for now) on Saturday August 31. We are driving down and have been toying with the idea of leaving on Thursday instead of Friday... but haven't decided yet.

This will be our first Disney trip by ourselves- which is a BIG deal to us. The last time we went with his parents, sister & brother in law and their kids. It was fun but the last night was terrible- and we had to leave before the rest of the group. I tried to do a full TR& but stopped after the first day or so. This time Im going to be making notes and taking WAY more pictures.

So, you want to know the "why" and the "what", since you know the who, when and where?

A. We chose to do this trip because Im on the Dis WAY too much& and reading all of your TR makes me want to go SO badly! AND& I had the vacation time saved up, so why not& AND Im a member of the media (I work at a TV station)- and members of the media get 2 free park hopper passes every year. (ALSO- If you work for a not for profit, they also get 2 free tix a year&.) So, we basically get a free day& so WHY NOT?!

B. The outline for this trip actually came from a fellow Diser. Brook (Brookelizabeth), who is a travel agent posted on her fb wall a few months back, asking whats on your list of things you want to at Disney?& And I got to thinking& what are some things that are on my Disney Bucket List? So, Moose and I made bucket lists& for Disney.

Now you are asking, so&. Whats on your bucket list?

On MY Disney bucket list: (not in any particular order)

#1- The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party
#2- Try to do EVERY ride in the MK in 1 day& can that be done?!
#3- Stay at AKL with a Savanna view
#4- Stay a night in Cinderellas Castle
#5- Stay at POR with the room with the fireworks in the headboard (I think thatd be so cool)
#6- Go in December to see the Osborne lights & MVMCP
#7- Find a paint brush on Tom Sawyers Island.
#8- Eat mini-corn dogs at Caseys. popcorn::

Mooses Disney Bucket list:
#1- Stay in Cinderellas Castle
#2- Go to Disney, just the two of us. (check!)
#3- Drink our way around the world (at least one drink in every country in World Showcase).
#4- Pull the sword from the stone

***BTW- when we compared "bucket list notes" it was totally coincidental that we both had "stay in Cinderella's castle... this was not added because one of us had the idea and the other one agreed and then added it.

So& As you can see there are somethings on our lists that we have no control over& and there are somethings on the lists that are not within our means at this point to do so. There are 2 things I am definitely going to try to mark off my list& but youll just have to stay tuned to see what those things are.

Our leave date- as you can see from my ticker is less than a month away. :hourglass This will be our first road trip together- except for my cousins' wedding about 7 years ago in Ohio. :drive: We've got a lot to do before we can go.. so I'll do a handful of updates about what we need to get done and what still needs done... and then the TR will commence after we return!

I'm hoping for some pixie dust and ALOT of fun along the way! I can't wait to see what Anniversary Disney magic happens! :beach:

Thanks for joining in! This spot is reserved for soon to be written chapter links.

PTR: chapter 1- it keeps getting better OR I have the best husband in the world!
PTR: ch. 2- Getting ready for "the big walk"- OR- My brother and I go to Holiday World!
PTR: Ch.3- The single digit dance -OR- my vacation haircut

PTR: Ch. 4- Is it too soon to pack -OR- NEW THINGS FOR DISNEY!
PTR ch. 5- Mickey & Minnie reach the end of the count down -OR- It's time to pack!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The FUN begins! Trip Reports posted here!
Day 1: 9/1/13 we have arrived in FLORIDA!
Chapter 1: Travel -OR- We're Off! [/URL]
Chapter 2: Checking in -OR- Checking out our temporary home
Day 1:Chapter 3: FINALLY FOOD! -OR- Ready to start vacation!

Day 2: 9/2/2013- Our first day in the parks!
Chapter 1: Our first park of the trip -OR-Attempting to do the possibly impossible
Chapter 2: A FULL review of Under the Sea -OR- Our First Experience with New Fantasyland 9/20
Chapter 3: The lights are on! -Or- Where's Buzz?
Chapter 4: Stuck -Or- It's a tiny world.
Chapter 5: an AMAZING dinner & view -or- Get ready to laugh your orbutter off
Ch. 6: We're ALMOST done -or- OH MY FEET!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Day 3: EPCOT- our attempt at drinking around the world
Day 3: Ch. 1- Where do we start? -or- Pretending to be fish!
Chapter 2: How many countries left? -or- Getting virtual encouragement
Day 3: Ch. 3- O, CANAFA! -or- Making Goofy proud
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Day 4: DHS & The BEST Special event I'd never done
Chapter 1:doing things I've never done -or- what do you mean by "Everything"
Day 4: Chapter 2: Riding solo -or- Will the rain hold off?
Day 4: Chapter 3: Does the rain hold off continued -or- SHE WAVED AT ME!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Day5: MK & Another first for us!
Day 5: Chapter 1: Moving day drama -or- you spent HOW much?!
Chapter 2: Breaking up a couple -or- a surprise "apology" gift
Chapter 3: Finishing up MK -or- Hoop Dee Doo Revue Review
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Day 6: Our last day in the Parks & marking more off the lists!
Chapter 1: trying to fit it all in -or- taking our time
Chapter 2: A special dinner -or- a little moment I will always remember

*^*^*^*
Real life update 12/28
Real life update #2 1/2/14
And now for something completely unrelated:
Why I love the Olympics... my little Olympics rant
Baby update

We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary in WDW 9/7- 9/15!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary in WDW 9/7- 9/15!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

That's cool. Too bad we'll miss each other by just a couple days. Are you doing a TR?
Thanks for joining in! :welcome:

Ill be sending in pics of our food for the live thread on the restaurants review board.. Not sure about regular TR yet depends on what my schedule will be like when we get back

Is there anything in particular you love to have in the car during a road trip? Snacks, books, etc?

My plan is to get a book on tape or two from the library. Get a variety bag of chips, maybe some slim jims (definately some pepto dismal (as my father in law calls it)) and a small cooler with sodas.

What do you think is the best road trip food or snack?

Because I've never really been on an actual road trip... I went on family trips in the car... but that consisted of kids music, connect the dots books and a bag of gummy bears in the back of the van... while my brothers played "I spy" and "I'm not touching you"- which isn't really a game... more just an annoyance.

Is there anything in particular you love to have in the car during a road trip? Snacks, books, etc?

My DH & I love audiobooks. We pick stuff in the Young Adult section. The stories are action packed and the narrators don't put us to sleep. Very important when driving down the road. A few recommendations: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, and Divergent by Veronica Roth

What do you think is the best road trip food or snack?
Whatever they have at the gas station. ;) We always bring snacks, but we end up buying something at the gas station every time.

Because I've never really been on an actual road trip... I went on family trips in the car... but that consisted of kids music, connect the dots books and a bag of gummy bears in the back of the van... while my brothers played "I spy" and "I'm not touching you"- which isn't really a game... more just an annoyance.
Now that you are an adult, you can play the "Let's talk" game where you talk about all the things you don't talk about at home. My DH and I like to talk about what we will do when we retire (Live in WDW) or where we will vacation next year (WDW). :thumbsup2

My DH & I love audiobooks. We pick stuff in the Young Adult section. The stories are action packed and the narrators don't put us to sleep. Very important when driving down the road. A few recommendations: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, and Divergent by Veronica Roth

Whatever they have at the gas station. ;) We always bring snacks, but we end up buying something at the gas station every time.

Now that you are an adult, you can play the "Let's talk" game where you talk about all the things you don't talk about at home. My DH and I like to talk about what we will do when we retire (Live in WDW) or where we will vacation next year (WDW). :thumbsup2

Thanks for the suggestions Mmeb! Very interesting idea. Also, I appreciate you joining us on our trip! :welcome:

youa re richgt; the Slim Jims are a MUST!!! also make sure the sodas are in resealable bottles so you only take a sip or 2 and don't have to drink the whole thing. too many rest stops!

trivia quizzes are good. make up your own ahead of time, according to your interests.

the best snacks are the ones at the gas stations/travel cneters/ the hot dog or tornado in the glass case on those rollers.

we alwyas grab some candy bars from the rest stop and put them in the cooler.

string cheese.

(our cooler is right behind me)

Since Ponzi is currently on a National Lampoon Vacation, I'll try to fill in with a break down until he gets back from Europe.

First I'll start with your title. Disney is definitely a place for a 5th. Anniversary. On our TR, Lady H and I went to DL to celebrate our 5th. Anniversary.

Welcome one and All!:welcome: :cool1: Thank you so much for joining my TR!

Yeah. You say welcome now. Wait until later on in the TR. You'll wonder why you started this. But thanks for having us.

First let me tell you a little about me, in case you don't know.

You mean there's more to know about you than being a homicidal maniac and being on the Dis all the time? Kidding of course. About being on the Dis all the time. Please do tell.

Im Rebecca& Ive been to Disney 6 times.

When I first read this, it sounded kinda like "Hi. I'm Rebecca and I'm a Disneyholic." To which we all reply "Hi Rebecca."

For this report, I will be referred to as "Goose"

For this report? What about past reports? And future reports? Why just this report? Is this something else we should know about you? That you have multiple nicknames and personalities?:confused3

Once when I was 4 (88ish) (which the only thing I remember is pulling on Tiggers tail and he didnt turn around so I cried)& once with my high school marching band (00) (we were in a parade and I saw Cinderella without her dress on, behind the scenes- OH my!), once with my high school show choir (02) and twice with Michael and his family (2008 & 2010)- on property @ WL.

Ok. Even though I don't think I'm that old, I feel really old really after reading this.
old-year-smiley-emoticon.gif

My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom- every time I walk down Main Street and smell the smells and see the Castle, I cry a little and Im not afraid to admit it.

I can see the part about seeing the castle, but the smells? Personally I've never been a fan of the smell of a dirty diaper and kid vomit. :sick:

And my favorite ride would probably have to be Expedition Everest or Rockin' Roller Coaster.

Finally. Another lady besides D'Sis that likes coasters.

This is my husband, Michael or "Moose" as I will try to refer to him as

Hey, me and moose have some things in common. Our names and our size for starters.

His favorite Disney movie is either Robin Hood or The Lion King,

This sounds like a guess to me and something tells me you don't really know what it is. :rolleyes1

Ive noticed that there are several girls on the Disboards who like to do their TR like Friends episodes& for those of you who dont know, they are the ones who title their chapters

I know several guys that title their chapters as well. Thumper_Man, Nebo, Pkondz. What exactly are you trying to say here Goose?
tapping%20foot.gif
Now I'm afraid to know what you really think about us. :scared:

I tried to do a full TR& but stopped after the first day or so. This time Im going to be making notes and taking WAY more pictures.

You will want to take plenty of pictures and notes. Lady H and I have been struggling lately to remember, not so much what we did, but the order we did them in. Thankfully we had enough pictures to help us out.

So, you want to know the "why" and the "what", since you know the who, when and where?

I thought you just told us the why and what? Why? Because it's your 5 year anniversary. What? A trip to WDW for your 5 year anniversary.

A. We chose to do this trip because Im on the Dis WAY too much

I guess I have to retract my kidding statement from earlier. Turns out you are the Dis way too much.

& and reading all of your TR makes me want to go SO badly! AND& I had the vacation time saved up, so why not& AND Im a member of the media (I work at a TV station)- and members of the media get 2 free park hopper passes every year. (ALSO- If you work for a not for profit, they also get 2 free tix a year&.) So, we basically get a free day& so WHY NOT?!

So because you work for the media, is that the reason for all the & symbols? Not only in this chapter but throughout the TR. Just wondering if this is a media thing. I am a little jealous though about the free passes every year.

The outline for this trip actually came from a fellow Diser.

Wow, I didn't know Nebo and Smidgy had that much of an effect on you.

Brook (Brookelizabeth), who is a travel agent posted on her fb wall a few months back, asking whats on your list of things you want to at Disney?

Sorry Nebo & Smidgy. I guess you're not the inspiration after all.

& And I got to thinking& what are some things that are on my Disney Bucket List? So, Moose and I made bucket lists& for Disney.

Now you are asking, so&. Whats on your bucket list?

There's the pesky & symbols again. :p I don't remember asking, but I'll bet you're going to tell us anyways. Just something we all like to do I guess.

On MY Disney bucket list: (not in any particular order)

Yup, just as I thought. There it is. Are you sure you didn't get your inspiration from Nebo? He likes to make lists you know.

#1- The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party
#2- Try to do EVERY ride in the MK in 1 day& can that be done?!
#3- Stay at AKL with a Savanna view
#4- Stay a night in Cinderellas Castle
#5- Stay at POR with the room with the fireworks in the headboard (I think thatd be so cool)
#6- Go in December to see the Osborne lights & MVMCP
#7- Find a paint brush on Tom Sawyers Island.
#8- Eat mini-corn dogs at Caseys. popcorn::

From your bucket list, Lady H and I have done #1, 2, 4 and 6. #2 can be done if you get there at rope drop. Looks like you're going during a slower time of the year as well. This is very do-able.

I would definitely go in December and do #6 on your bucket list.

#7 I've heard they don't do anymore, but I don't know how true that is.

Mooses Disney Bucket list:
#1- Stay in Cinderellas Castle
#2- Go to Disney, just the two of us. (check!)
#3- Drink our way around the world (at least one drink in every country in World Showcase).

From Mooses bucket list, we've done them all.
Quick question about #3. Is his plan to drink around the world in one day? Or to drink around the world during multiple days. If his plan is to do it in one day, I highly recommend starting as soon as WS opens. If he's planning in doing it in multiple days, then it shouldn't be as hard to do as opposed to doing it in one day.

There are 2 things I am definitely going to try to mark off my list& but youll just have to stay tuned to see what those things are.

Given your quick description, I have a good guess at one of them that you might do, and 2 that you won't be doing. I'll wait later to see if I'm right.

We've got a lot to do before we can go..

And so little time to do it in.

and then the TR will commence after we return!

Not if Ponzi gets a hold of it first. It will be done by the time you get home. :lmao:

I'm hoping for some pixie dust
pixiedust:

and ALOT of fun along the way! I can't wait to see what Anniversary Disney magic happens! :beach:

Great start. :thumbsup2

Since Ponzi is currently on a National Lampoon Vacation, I'll try to fill in with a break down until he gets back from Europe.

Not if Ponzi gets a hold of it first. It will be done by the time you get home. :lmao:

pixiedust:

Great start. :thumbsup2

Oh Thumper man! You are TOO funny. I completely expect you, Ponzi and Nebo to highjack my report for the week we are gone... it'll be this weird story about getting kidnapped by hill folk on the way down there... never to be seen again (it was the best day ever). *7,000 bonus points if you can tell me what TV show that's from.

I really can't wait to get down there and see what things we get to mark off of our bucket lists.

Seriously?! You've stayed the night in Castle?! That's craziness. AND... I'm not sure that I believe you!

But either way, welcome to the TR! Can't wait to see what ruckus you guys create.

Checking in. I heard about this TR second and third hand...Not sure what to think about that...:guilty: :snooty::sad1::upsidedow And by all of that I mean Happy to be on board if you let me, :goodvibes.

As T-Man mentioned, the bucket list thing there are a few that are very doable. Although unless he knows or has done something i'm not aware of...we have not done ALL on your hubby's bucket list. I personally have never stayed in Cindy's Castle. :rolleyes1

For roadtrips: I like chips and sunflower seeds personally. But I'm a cruncher. I love anything that has a crunch to it for snacking. T-Man likes Full Throttles to help keep him awake, I tend to think my singing does that enough, but to each their own I guess.

One thing we did, when we went on a road trip to Phoenix a few years back, was take along our DVD player and watched or really listened to some comedy DVD's. We took along, Bill Cosby and Jeff Dunham. Those were fun.

We don't take that many road trips, mainly because we fly everywhere, Other than our usual in state trips that result in about 4 hour trips or so. But if I think of anything else between now and then, I'll let you know.

Seriously?! You've stayed the night in Castle?! That's craziness. AND... I'm not sure that I believe you!

It's true. It was an awesome dream. Then the alarm went off and I woke up to reality that it wasn't real and I had to go to work. I mainly threw that in there to see if you were paying attention. :rotfl:

We would love to stay in the castle someday as well. I think my invitation got lost in the mail. I may have to inquire about this.

Can't wait to see what ruckus you guys create.

Us create a ruckus? We're angels. :littleangel: We would never create a ruckus. Pssst. Lady H. Put away the party favors. She hasn't left yet.

Checking in. I heard about this TR second and third hand...Not sure what to think about that...:guilty: :snooty::sad1::upsidedow And by all of that I mean Happy to be on board if you let me, :goodvibes.

For roadtrips: I like chips and sunflower seeds personally. But I'm a cruncher. I love anything that has a crunch to it for snacking. T-Man likes Full Throttles to help keep him awake, I tend to think my singing does that enough, but to each their own I guess.
I'm VERY glad to have you... someone has to help keep the guys in order... as if that would happen.

It's true. It was an awesome dream. Then the alarm went off and I woke up to reality that it wasn't real and I had to go to work. I mainly threw that in there to see if you were paying attention. :rotfl:

Us create a ruckus? We're angels. :littleangel: We would never create a ruckus. Pssst. Lady H. Put away the party favors. She hasn't left yet.

That's pretty much what I thought! I didn't think you'd be lucky enough to stay in the Castle... no way!

Angels? Angels my sweet..... ( Y ):scared1:

I started on my "things to remember to pack list today... so much to do! :laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter