Moonlight Magic is Back!

Are we expecting the email today to be the link where we register right away? I saw on the DVC Fan page on FB that it will just be a link with instructions on how to register which will most likely happen tomorrow. Is that correct?

Are we expecting the email today to be the link where we register right away? I saw on the DVC Fan page on FB that it will just be a link with instructions on how to register which will most likely happen tomorrow. Is that correct?

Unless they have inside information, I think that's just a guess at this point.

An email is supposed to go out today to those with an on-site reservation during one of the Epcot events with information on how to register. Registration for the Epcot events doesn't open until tomorrow (2/23).

An email is supposed to go out today to those with an on-site reservation during one of the Epcot events with information on how to register. Registration for the Epcot events doesn't open until tomorrow (2/23).

Thank you!

Do you have a source for this information? all I ever saw officially from DVC was that they emails were to go out today. Of course I went back to check and see if I missed the 2/23 portion of your post, and the DVC site keeps crashing.

Do you have a source for this information? all I ever saw officially from DVC was that they emails were to go out today. Of course I went back to check and see if I missed the 2/23 portion of your post, and the DVC site keeps crashing.

Its when you click on Epcot portion, it then says registration on the 23rd

I have both resale and direct points under my membership. Just got off a call with MS as I was calling to ensure my reservation qualified for MM. She advised it did, but also mentioned that if I had made the reservation using points from my resale contract, that I would NOT be eligible for MM even tho I am blue card holder. She said the email for registration is coming out later this afternoon.

Maybe everyone knew about booking with a resale contract, but I was shocked. I thought as long as you have a blue card you are eligible for MM...but guess not.

I have both resale and direct points under my membership. Just got off a call with MS as I was calling to ensure my reservation qualified for MM. She advised it did, but also mentioned that if I had made the reservation using points from my resale contract, that I would NOT be eligible for MM even tho I am blue card holder. She said the email for registration is coming out later this afternoon.

Maybe everyone knew about booking with a resale contract, but I was shocked. I thought as long as you have a blue card you are eligible for MM...but guess not.
I was told the EXACT OPPOSITE! I was told that if I’m staying at a qualifying resort and I was a blue card holder, I’d get the early booking email. I guess I’ll find out closer to July when I’m going.

Whaaat? I hope this isn’t right. I have no clue which contract I used at this point…. Probably a mix. Ugh

I was told the EXACT OPPOSITE! I was told that if I’m staying at a qualifying resort and I was a blue card holder, I’d get the early booking email. I guess I’ll find out closer to July when I’m going.

So this gets better (or worse)... I just opened a chat and asked the same question again... the cast member confirmed again that the reservation has to be booked using direct points. I sent a copy of the transcript to my email and also printed a copy of it.

Who knows....

So this gets better (or worse)... I just opened a chat and asked the same question again... the cast member confirmed again that the reservation has to be booked using direct points. I sent a copy of the transcript to my email and also printed a copy of it.

Who knows....

...or grandfathered resale points, I assume?

Who knows....

I have a split stay in March and am hoping to get to go to the MM event on the 17th. First half of my trip was booked with grandfathered points, second half (in which the MM event falls) was resale from last year (so no extras.) I have these two resale contracts and they have the same membership number. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if their booking system would look down to the level of what points you used on that specific night. I would think if you are staying at a DVC resort and are a "blue card holder" that you are eligible to attend. I think I saw somewhere that someone had confirmed with DVC that they would be able to attend with a cash reservation as a blue card holder and they were told yes.

Time will tell I guess...

Who knows....
But then how are those on cash stays at POP or ASM eligible? I cannot think that it would be dependent on which points you use if a cash stay is eligible, which the dvc site confirms that cash stays at non dvc resorts are eligible. I think it's just another example of Disney's poor communication with their CMs

Last edited:
We’re going first week of April, no dates, bummer. Didn’t take long for the wheels to start turning, we booked 3 nights at Pop Century for the 7/14 event.

I’d be surprised if they can distinguish which points are being used. Either you are a blue card member or you are not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter