Moonlight Magic is Back!

Been a DVC member for years. All of my contracts are resale, but all bought before April of 2016.

In all of my Disney trips taken in that time, this will be the first time EVER that a MM date falls during one of our booked trips. Hoping big for the 5/24 HS MM.

Maybe someone can help me out with this. I am staying at Vero Beach in July, checking in July 10, checking out July 14. Moonlight Magic at Hollywood is the evening of July 14. While I definitely see that Vero Beach is one of the eligible resorts, does the fact that I’m checking out that day preclude me from booking a Moonlight Magic reservation? I asked MS via chat, but they were hung up on Vero Beach, initially thinking that it wasn’t eligible, so I’m not sure he fully understood my question that I check out the day of the event. Does anyone know if I’ll have a problem with registration?

Maybe someone can help me out with this. I am staying at Vero Beach in July, checking in July 10, checking out July 14. Moonlight Magic at Hollywood is the evening of July 14. While I definitely see that Vero Beach is one of the eligible resorts, does the fact that I’m checking out that day preclude me from booking a Moonlight Magic reservation? I asked MS via chat, but they were hung up on Vero Beach, initially thinking that it wasn’t eligible, so I’m not sure he fully understood my question that I check out the day of the event. Does anyone know if I’ll have a problem with registration?

Check-out day allows full benefits all day until midnight. You will be fine.

Check-out day allows full benefits all day until midnight. You will be fine.
Thank you! I figured that, as it has always been the case with resort amenities and whatnot, just wasn’t sure if that also applied to something as exclusive as this. Next question would be, the Vero Beach stay is on resale points, but I am a blue card holder. Does that make a difference?

For the people who have done this event in the past…are eligible members with a Disney hotel reservation guaranteed entry or has it sold out even before being opened up to eligible members not staying on property?

For the people who have done this event in the past…are eligible members with a Disney hotel reservation guaranteed entry or has it sold out even before being opened up to eligible members not staying on property?

It has sold out before to only those with hotel reservation. A few times it hasn’t and often when it hasn’t it goes super fast. One MK didn’t ever sell out though.

There are no guarantees. It is a limited-capacity event and once all reservations are taken, no one else can. If a date fills up before everyone with a hotel reservation can make a reservation, then they are out of luck.

We will be in Orlando on March 17, but we don't check in to SSR until the next day. :(

I would consider throwing away points on a studio unit, but there are none available. I guess we'll have to take our chances with open registration on March 8.

Woo hoo! Can't go, but still a positive thing.

No MK though.
EPCOT: 3/17, 3/31
Hollywood Studios: 5/24, 6/16, 7/14
Animal Kingdom: 7/26, 8/31, (9/28?)

hmmm, that's weird. the email includes sept 28, but the webpage does not.

bummer I missed it. I’m there 6/18 - 7/3 ;(

It has sold out before to only those with hotel reservation. A few times it hasn’t and often when it hasn’t it goes super fast. One MK didn’t ever sell out though.

I believe than one or two Epcot events also made it to those not staying on property.

I’ll be there for one of the HS nights so no email for me today…but wishing good luck and pixie dust to all my fellow DVCers looking for Epcot invite emails today…

Good luck to all those trying to register for MM today!

I have a Saratoga reservation for the June HS event, but I'm staying on a friend's points (I used all mine and they were gracious enough to let me use theirs!). I am a blue card holder and the friend is a blue card holder. However, I just saw in the "Know before you go" section on the MM page:

"Resort Reservations must be made by the person listed as the “owner” using that Membership or with cash through the Disney Reservation Center or a travel provider. Please Note Members that have a Resort Reservation booked under another Member's Membership are not eligible for early booking."

If I read this correctly - I would not qualify for the early booking, right?
Has anybody registered today that has a reservation on someone else's points?

Good luck to all those trying to register for MM today!
I have a Saratoga reservation for the June HS event, but I'm staying on a friend's points (I used all mine and they were gracious enough to let me use theirs!). I am a blue card holder and the friend is a blue card holder. However, I just saw in the "Know before you go" section on the MM page:

"Resort Reservations must be made by the person listed as the “owner” using that Membership or with cash through the Disney Reservation Center or a travel provider. Please Note Members that have a Resort Reservation booked under another Member's Membership are not eligible for early booking."

If I read this correctly - I would not qualify for the early booking, right?
Has anybody registered today that has a reservation on someone else's points?
That’s what I thought too, but I was on 2 separate chats with MS yesterday, and my dad also called MS, and all 3 cast members told us that if you are a blue card member staying at an eligible resort, you should receive the email for early booking. ”Should” does not mean much to me whereas Disney IT is concerned, but all three cast members were pretty confident that I, staying on resale points at Vero Beach but as a blue card member, will receive the email.

Good luck today! I’m staying in June at SSR on transfer points that I have no idea if they were white card or blue card points. I’m blue card so hoping for Hollywood event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter