Moonlight Magic is Back!

I don't know. It's unclear if the "pending availability" applies to the reopening (ie. "registration will reopen if there is availability at that time") or to limited availability when it does reopen (ie. "registration opens to everyone, but only while availability lasts").

I know that's not what they've done in the past, but I don't see why they would say that registration will reopen on March 8 if they're not going to have any space. Hardly seems worth it for a handful of cancellations. If that's all they're going to have, they could have just left registration open for people to check back for spots.

It's also a little unfair to completely block out those who aren't holding a reservation. Maybe that makes sense when the dates are announced months in advance, but for this March 17 date, there was no chance for anyone who didn't happen to be holding a reservation to book one. I could and would have booked an extra night if I'd known about the event. Just got unlucky.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out on March 8.

It's really not unclear as they have not held back in the past. If they were holding back spots they'd have stated that vs the "pending availability". They are as fair as they can be but have to pick some criteria. They entire thing is "unfair" if you look at it from a perspective of those who don't live nearby and never happen to have a trip corresponding to an event.

They haven't held back reservations in the past. Do you have a particular reason to believe that's necessarily true today?

100%? No but wouldn't the message then state that the reservations available for those not staying onsite will open on the 8th vs an unknown pending availability? Instead it could state "Come back on the 8th for the next round of registration". As I mentioned before historically a few members have been able to pick up registrations from cancellations but that's been about it.

It's really not unclear as they have not held back in the past. If they were holding back spots they'd have stated that vs the "pending availability". They are as fair as they can be but have to pick some criteria. They entire thing is "unfair" if you look at it from a perspective of those who don't live nearby and never happen to have a trip corresponding to an event.

May have to agree to disagree.

They don't have to apply any criteria at all. They could have just as easily opened the queue to everyone.

And I am looking at it exactly from the perspective of someone who doesn't happen to live nearby or happen to have a trip corresponding to an event. At least if the event is 6 or 8 months in the future, I could choose to make a reservation. In this case, nobody had that choice. It was a total crapshoot.

And for the record, this isn't "poor me, this is so unfair, I didn't get in". I really don't care that much. The point is just that it doesn't make sense to incentivize the reservation of rooms that are already fully booked, so maybe they decided to do something different this time. Or not. Time will tell.

still waiting....90 minutes on the phone now

+45 minutes messing in the queue multiple times
MS is saying that cash stays are eligible for blue card members....DVC stays must be booked with direct points regardless of blue card status.

I was on hold for 55 minutes, then another 35 minutes while MS tried to figure out why my Member ID was saying invalid. She said the problem was fixed, but early registration is now closed, so I can try again on 3/8/22. She said they hold back some inventory for open registration. Whether or not that's true, who knows. Super frustrating when I joined the queue at 11am and was in by 11:08am and couldn't get registered.

I was on hold for 55 minutes, then another 35 minutes while MS tried to figure out why my Member ID was saying invalid. She said the problem was fixed, but early registration is now closed, so I can try again on 3/8/22. She said they hold back some inventory for open registration. Whether or not that's true, who knows. Super frustrating when I joined the queue at 11am and was in by 11:08am and couldn't get registered.

Similar issue here. I joined chat and they said they fixed my issue, but by then registration was closed.

Similar issue here. I joined chat and they said they fixed my issue, but by then registration was closed.
i don't understand why they just won't give you guys the registration since they say you are eligible. Is there that many glitches that the numbers would be thrown off that much. Their IT is so bad, I feel so bad for the people that work there and have to deal with it daily.

May have to agree to disagree.

They don't have to apply any criteria at all. They could have just as easily opened the queue to everyone.

And I am looking at it exactly from the perspective of someone who doesn't happen to live nearby or happen to have a trip corresponding to an event. At least if the event is 6 or 8 months in the future, I could choose to make a reservation. In this case, nobody had that choice. It was a total crapshoot.

And for the record, this isn't "poor me, this is so unfair, I didn't get in". I really don't care that much. The point is just that it doesn't make sense to incentivize the reservation of rooms that are already fully booked, so maybe they decided to do something different this time. Or not. Time will tell.

Your just arguing a different criteria than DVC has selected. That begins heavily favoring local DVC owners though so if picking (which I wasn't particularly doing but will now) I'd have to go in favor of first come to those onsite.

MS is saying that cash stays are eligible for blue card members....DVC stays must be booked with direct points regardless of blue card status.
This is also what I was told by MS today. I’m happy for the consistent messaging even if it means I am not eligible.

This is also what I was told by MS today. I’m happy for the consistent messaging even if it means I am not eligible.

But it's not true. I booked my stay using resale points (purchased in 2020). I was able to register today - no problems. Not a single direct point was used for this reservation.

But it's not true. I booked my stay using resale points (purchased in 2020). I was able to register today - no problems. Not a single direct point was used for this reservation.
Oh wow! Thanks for letting us know. Better to know.

Just curious why the system let you proceed but not others...

Do your resale and direct points fall under 1 Member ID? It seems the issue is with those that have 2, but I could be wrong.

Just curious why the system let you proceed but not others...

Do your resale and direct points fall under 1 Member ID? It seems the issue is with those that have 2, but I could be wrong.

Yes, the resale points I used are the same UY/membership as my direct points. That could be the issue. Lucky me that it happened to be the same as I have 3 UY/membership #'s!

i don't understand why they just won't give you guys the registration since they say you are eligible. Is there that many glitches that the numbers would be thrown off that much. Their IT is so bad, I feel so bad for the people that work there and have to deal with it daily.

I ended up being on hold for 3 hours and spoke with a supervisor who tried to register me, but said she couldn't make it work. She said a certain amount of tickets are set aside for the General Registration, so I'll try again then. Otherwise, oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter