Moonlight Magic is BACK!

• Registration Window: Members with a Disney Resort hotel reservation on the event date can register online for Disney's Hollywood Studios events beginning April 20, 2022.
  • Event registration opens to all Members on May 10, 2022 (pending availability).
From the website! For Hollywood Studios dates!!!

It didn’t mention sending an email with a link to DVC blue card members that have a Disney hotel or DVC reservation for the 3 Moonlight Magic Hollywood Studios events.

• Registration Window: Members with a Disney Resort hotel reservation on the event date can register online for Disney's Hollywood Studios events beginning April 20, 2022.
  • Event registration opens to all Members on May 10, 2022 (pending availability).
From the website! For Hollywood Studios dates!!!
April 20th!… 6am Et? 12am?

Do they send the emails earlier in the morning, with the link? Then you log in right before the time the link will be live? In the past, how much earlier in the day do they send the emails before the registration time is set?

It looks like the queue for Moonlight Magic is easier than genie or lightning lane. You get in line a few minutes before the given time. At the given time, you don’t have to do anything. You are put in a “shuffle “ with everyone else that was in the queue at the given time. You will then get your random number in the queue What I’d like to know is how many devices are people using to try to get as low a number as possible?
I only used my computer and was pretty high up - like 6000 I think - I got tickets though for 9 people no problem. It all seemed super easy- I did get nervous though when I tried to adjust my number of people going and clicked on the email like I got and it just gave me a registration is closed notice. Wasn’t sure if I got cancelled or not. So was not able to change my number but was still on the list to get in day of event! I am wondering if anyone was able to get in later due to cancellations if no one could cancel!

Do they send the emails earlier in the morning, with the link? Then you log in right before the time the link will be live? In the past, how much earlier in the day do they send the emails before the registration time is set?
The website doesn’t mention emails. It says to go to that page and click on the registration link

The website doesn’t mention emails. It says to go to that page and click on the registration link
It does:
Eligible Members with a Disney Resort Reservation

Initial registration window for Hollywood Studios events is open to eligible Members with Resort reservations at a Disney-owned and operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida* or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort with party size modifications finalized prior to April 17, 2022.

All Resort reservations and modifications-including your party size-must be finalized by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 17th, 2022. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after April 17, 2022 will not increase party size for the event.

All eligible Members with a Disney Resort hotel reservation on the event date should be on the lookout for an email arriving on April 19, 2022. This email will contain a link to register for the Disney's Hollywood Studios Events.

Does anyone know if Moonlight Magic hours are available for anyone that is renting DVC points and has a stay scheduled during a Moonlight Magic event? I wasn’t sure if renters would qualify - I know in the app our reservation has us listed as using DVC points, so I wasn’t sure if the app would also qualify us for the perk. Any info would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if Moonlight Magic hours are available for anyone that is renting DVC points and has a stay scheduled during a Moonlight Magic event? I wasn’t sure if renters would qualify - I know in the app our reservation has us listed as using DVC points, so I wasn’t sure if the app would also qualify us for the perk. Any info would be appreciated.
No, the eligible member has to register and be present for check in.

Sorry, no, MM is open only to DVC members themselves (and is further limited to those members who bought directly from Disney or who are grandfathered in). But you do qualify for Deluxe Extended Evening Hours!

It does:

Initial registration window for Hollywood Studios events is open to eligible Members with Resort reservations at a Disney-owned and operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida* or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort with party size modifications finalized prior to April 17, 2022.

All Resort reservations and modifications-including your party size-must be finalized by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 17th, 2022. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after April 17, 2022 will not increase party size for the event.

All eligible Members with a Disney Resort hotel reservation on the event date should be on the lookout for an email arriving on April 19, 2022. This email will contain a link to register for the Disney's Hollywood Studios Events.
It didn’t have that there when I looked it I just missed it.

It does:

Attachments

• 7412CEA1-67D0-4287-8726-972129BEAF9E.png
    7412CEA1-67D0-4287-8726-972129BEAF9E.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 33
I was told that using multiple devices will not work for the Hollywood Studios 6/16 date. If attempted, it will will get your account frozen and can only be unfrozen by calling during the busiest time of the day, one week later... 🤥😂
Every time someone uses multiple devices to book an event a fairy dies. Very sad. (I might have slaughtered thousands)

Ok I have a question. I have 2 reservations- one is with DVC points and one is with cash. I am in 1 room with 3 kids and my husband is in another with 3 kids. We made these reservations prior to learning MM was coming back. We have 2 contracts, but only 1 membership number due to the same UY.

What will happen with this? Will it allow me to book for 8? If not, what do I have to do?

It does:

We will be at POR for 2 nights - the 15th and 16th. Will DVC know we are staying onsite so I can register early?

We will be at POR for 2 nights - the 15th and 16th. Will DVC know we are staying onsite so I can register early?
They should. I was at one of the all stars over the 3/31 Epcot date and I had no issues registering during the hotel stay early register date.

It does:

Where do you see this information? All I see is this:

Attachments

• D20DAF38-34F1-4607-88B1-7CDA0E6025DA.jpeg
    D20DAF38-34F1-4607-88B1-7CDA0E6025DA.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 14
In the interest of letting 2 newlywed couples have some space and privacy (versus a GV) - we got 3 rooms for our party of 8 for our summer trip (2 studios and a 2BR). I have already had MULTIPLE issues with MDE with these ressies and getting names right. The CM says my name can only be on one ressie (though I am managing all 3 reservations and they are all made with my points.)
Likewise - they say I should NOT put any of the studio guests names on my 2BR (even though they would all technically "fit') because of "complications it would cause with MDE and being able to access (their respective) rooms".

So... do I trust then that when I try to sign up for this event, the CM will see all 3 reservations as being "my party"? Or will I only be allowed to get tickets for those in the 2BR?

Or do I just put 4 extra names in my 2BR and beg for forgiveness vs permission?

I'm not sure what I'm more stressed about... calling and being told it's full, sorry, too late...which wouldn't be fun but I'd surely get over it... or calling and being told "You can only have 4" because of some stinking MDE glitch, leaving me the choice to either split the group or (more likely) miss the "perk" in total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter