Moonlight Magic is BACK!

Do you need a park reservation for that day? Or do you just get in with your MM entry?

Also, if you are on property and get the early booking window, do those sell out? Do I need to be crazy on the phone the day it is released for my dates? Or am I safe if I am staying on points at that time?

You do not need a park reservation or ticket unless you want to visit a park before MM starts at 6 pm

I would recommend that you enter the queue before it begins to ensure you get your MM spots. You don't need to logon super early as everyone receives a spot in line randomly once the registration opens.

I think *most* people who got in the queue the first few hours were able to get tickets for on-site stays, unless there was an issue with their onsite and/or blue card status. Not everyone, but most. Then for the open sign-ups, I think it went like hotcakes and was sold out within the hour. If anyone remembers differently, feel free to correct me :)

I watched the DVC show episode today on the first moonlight magic and was surprised they all enjoyed it. I thought I was the only one who thought it was good 😂.

Any chance they add additional dates in 2022? I'm guessing it's unlikely but I'd love to do a MK MM one day.
They used to do them in Sept/Oct, Jan/Feb and Apr/May plus a water park one in July. So it's not out of question they'd do another.

With the Halloween Parties/After Hours usually taking up so many nights in Sept/Oct already and Christmas in Nov/Dec - I doubt there will be any MK MM parties announced…
When I went in September it was AK. I can't remember when MK was, maybe it was the Jan/Feb one? I just remember the fireworks for the MK MM were awesome!

in our party, those who had park hopper on their ticket could get Genie + LL reservations for Epcot on March 31 even though we had park reservation and were at HS. Those who did not have park hopper could not.

so if you have Genie + and park hopper that day, you may want to consider planning for the time slot after you enter until park close.

It looks like the queue for Moonlight Magic is easier than genie or lightning lane. You get in line a few minutes before the given time. At the given time, you don’t have to do anything. You are put in a “shuffle “ with everyone else that was in the queue at the given time. You will then get your random number in the queue What I’d like to know is how many devices are people using to try to get as low a number as possible?

It looks like the queue for Moonlight Magic is easier than genie or lightning lane. You get in line a few minutes before the given time. At the given time, you don’t have to do anything. You are put in a “shuffle “ with everyone else that was in the queue at the given time. You will then get your random number in the queue What I’d like to know is how many devices are people using to try to get as low a number as possible?
I confess to using at least 3. Maybe more. ;)

Epcot was my test run. I knew I wasn’t going, so I used my phone for the non Disney hotel queue and refreshed it at the time listed I ended up with 3,500 and wasn’t even close to the cut off number. I have a DVC rental on July 14 and am fairly confident that I’ll get a reservation but will probably use 2 devices, just out of curiosity

I think *most* people who got in the queue the first few hours were able to get tickets for on-site stays, unless there was an issue with their onsite and/or blue card status. Not everyone, but most. Then for the open sign-ups, I think it went like hotcakes and was sold out within the hour. If anyone remembers differently, feel free to correct me :)

I hope that's the case. We've been owners for over 10 years, and this July is the first time our trip has coincided with Moonlight Magic or ANY dated DVC event. When I heard about it, I got the whole family excited, and only later learned that not everyone gets a ticket. Now I'm worried we won't get in, even thought we finally got our "blue card" DVC=Y status fixed.

How do you do this please? I tried it for MM MK March 2020 & it gave all devices the same position so I assumed it had recognised they were all me!
You see I have always had this problem especially when booking ADRs, other people are like I use multiple devices and I always get that mine are trying to use the same portal and can't book more than 1 at a time. I do have my router setup a lil weird since I am techy guy, wondering if they think it is coming from the same IP address

You see I have always had this problem especially when booking ADRs, other people are like I use multiple devices and I always get that mine are trying to use the same portal and can't book more than 1 at a time. I do have my router setup a lil weird since I am techy guy, wondering if they think it is coming from the same IP address
All my devices come from the same ip address but I'm able to use multiple at one time. Even works fine if I use an incognito window and a regular one, I get 2 places in the queue. Might have to do with cookie or ad-blocking though. If you block cookies, it might have to default to ip address as a fallback. Just guessing though.

All my devices come from the same ip address but I'm able to use multiple at one time. Even works fine if I use an incognito window and a regular one, I get 2 places in the queue. Might have to do with cookie or ad-blocking though. If you block cookies, it might have to default to ip address as a fallback. Just guessing though.
Its weird, I have always had this issue, I guess I need to do more troubleshooting on this and go to Disney more lol

I was told that using multiple devices will not work for the Hollywood Studios 6/16 date. If attempted, it will will get your account frozen and can only be unfrozen by calling during the busiest time of the day, one week later... 🤥😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter