Moonlight Magic is BACK!

Quick tip: the booths accepting vouchers had a sign by the register, check there before getting in line.

Morocco had great kabobs and flatbreads you could get with the coupon and lines were short.

We didn’t think the maple popcorn was that great to make it worthwhile standing in that long of a line.

Thought they were fairly well organized for March 31.

MM email invite forensics question:
For members that have a DVC or cash reservation, Disney has a method to identify those that have reservations over MM dates and you'll get an invitation to register emaill. What is the unique identifier that matches your cash reservation and the fact that you are a DVC member? Is is just lead name on booking? Is it name coupled with email address that matches your DVC login? I ask bc I have a cash booking linked to a travel agent rate over one of the HS dates- only thing "unique" that would connect me to being a DVC member is my name. The booking is under my travel agent email- not my DVC email.

For members that have a DVC or cash reservation, Disney has a method to identify those that have reservations over MM dates and you'll get an invitation to register emaill. What is the unique identifier that matches your cash reservation and the fact that you are a DVC member? Is is just lead name on booking? Is it name coupled with email address that matches your DVC login? I ask bc I have a cash booking linked to a travel agent rate over one of the HS dates- only thing "unique" that would connect me to being a DVC member is my name. The booking is under my travel agent email- not my DVC email.
half the time the disney emails don't get sent to everyone anyway. I think you're just going to have to watch for the release of registration for your date. I wouldn't count on getting one from Disney for this. Just keep checking.

Is your MDE profile linked to your DVC membership (Profile > Membership and Passes)? I would assume that’s how it “knows”. I have a cash stay that I booked through MDE so I’m in a similar situation. Worst case, you can rely on the board here to update when new information is released or as the previous poster mentioned, continue to check the MM page on the DVC site.

Is your MDE profile linked to your DVC membership (Profile > Membership and Passes)? I would assume that’s how it “knows”. I have a cash stay that I booked through MDE so I’m in a similar situation. Worst case, you can rely on the board here to update when new information is released or as the previous poster mentioned, continue to check the MM page on the DVC site.
Yep- My MDE is linked to my DVC membership. The TA ressie is linked in MDE- I hope that's the connection. It's just that the email I use for MDE is different than the TA booking email which is a TA biz email address. I think you are on to something though- as long as I linked the ressie in MDE- MDE by default ties that connection to me being a DVC member.

Yep- My MDE is linked to my DVC membership. The TA ressie is linked in MDE- I hope that's the connection. It's just that the email I use for MDE is different than the TA booking email which is a TA biz email address. I think you are on to something though- as long as I linked the ressie in MDE- MDE by default ties that connection to me being a DVC member.
Yep, that’s what I’m thinking as well. Even though you’re using two different e-mail addresses, it’s still one MDE/DVC account. I was concerned at first since my MDE reservation was made outside of DVC (and therefore not listed in my DVC dashboard). But my thinking is since they are both linked, it SHOULD be ok. Never any guarantees with Disney IT though. I check the boards regularly though, so I have no doubt it’ll be updated here in time (which would give us time to contact MS if we need to).

Yep, that’s what I’m thinking as well. Even though you’re using two different e-mail addresses, it’s still one MDE/DVC account. I was concerned at first since my MDE reservation was made outside of DVC (and therefore not listed in my DVC dashboard). But my thinking is since they are both linked, it SHOULD be ok. Never any guarantees with Disney IT though. I check the boards regularly though, so I have no doubt it’ll be updated here in time (which would give us time to contact MS if we need to).
Will be on the lookout for communication- and if we don't get the email with link (with legitimate on site stay)- I hope that we'll find this link in this community.

Total nightmare. I’ve never been to one of these and never will again! Well over 100 people in line all night for sad popcorn bucket. Test track wait time was lower when the park was open. We missed our lightning lane for Ratatouille bc it was down and I though no issue bc low wait time during party - HA!!

Ticket lists maybe 4-6 places where you can redeem your 2 snacks but not where they actually are - line here at TT has been over 100 people from 10-midnight (It’s 12:02 pm now.)

I was so excited based on reviews of prior years - I really can’t imagine those who actually planned a trip around this - wait times lower during reg park hours plus no food/drink available anywhere absent an hour wait. Yikes!!! Moonlight magic my a&’l. Lol!
We were fortunate to go to other Moonlight Magic nights pre-Covid and they were great. We were at this event at Epcot on the 17th and it was not planned well at all and there was nothing special about it. At 12:30am there shouldn't be a 45 minute wait for Ratatouille and other rides. Horrible

We were fortunate to go to other Moonlight Magic nights pre-Covid and they were great. We were at this event at Epcot on the 17th and it was not planned well at all and there was nothing special about it. At 12:30am there shouldn't be a 45 minute wait for Ratatouille and other rides. Horrible
I don't get this. By my calculations, the parks should seem like a ghost town. From what I understand, is even though it is an exclusive event only offered to DVC members who are staying in a DVC resort on that date, there is still limited capacity.

I mean there are only so many DVC resorts. Even if they are completely filled with DVC members, and every family went to the event, the crowd level should not be anywhere near a regular extra hour event like Halloween or Christmas.

The resorts are not filled 100% with DVC members, of the DVC members in the resorts, not every family is going to try to get a reservation, the event has a limit on capacity, so why the long waits?

I don't get this. By my calculations, the parks should seem like a ghost town. From what I understand, is even though it is an exclusive event only offered to DVC members who are staying in a DVC resort on that date, there is still limited capacity.

I mean there are only so many DVC resorts. Even if they are completely filled with DVC members, and every family went to the event, the crowd level should not be anywhere near a regular extra hour event like Halloween or Christmas.

The resorts are not filled 100% with DVC members, of the DVC members in the resorts, not every family is going to try to get a reservation, the event has a limit on capacity, so why the long waits?
This was open to all DVC who are eligible for membership extras. You only had to have a DVC resort reservation to sign up during early registration. But, there was open registration later for everyone.

I read that some of the rides, like Remy, were down and so that is why the line was long later in the night....I was not that there so I can't speak to the rest of the rides...but Epcot doesn't have that many and if you have even one ride go down during the event...or just prior...its going to make a big difference.

I did read the one on the 31st was much better and smoother as they worked out some of the issues that plagued the 17th.

This was open to all DVC who are eligible for membership extras. You only had to have a DVC resort reservation to sign up during early registration. But, there was open registration later for everyone.

I read that some of the rides, like Remy, were down and so that is why the line was long later in the night....I was not that there so I can't speak to the rest of the rides...but Epcot doesn't have that many and if you have even one ride go down during the event...or just prior...its going to make a big difference.

I did read the one on the 31st was much better and smoother as they worked out some of the issues that plagued the 17th.
My understanding as per DVC member svs was that as long you are a DVC member and have EITHER a DVC points stay or a cash booking during a MM date, you are eligible for early booking. After early booking, all other DVC members welcome. Someone have verifiable different answer?

We went to the 3/31 Epcot event and thought it was great. Got in at 6pm, a few things I noted:

There were Snack Voucher signs at booths where the vouchers were accepted
Used most of ours before 8pm as the lines were short
The Mickey Mouse ice cream bars were passed out like halloween candy. Had to avoid the temptation of having more than 2.
Waited less than 20 minutes for test track, Frozen and did Remy at 12:45am and was out of the park by 1:10am. Soarin and Spaceship Earth were walk ons.
Picked up the popcorn bucket over by Figment around 10ish and the line went by pretty quickly (less than 5 minutes).

Overall, thought it was a great event (for free!) and would do it again if it lined up with an already planned trip.

Loved hearing Spectromagic blasted through the park a little after midnight! Never thought I'd hear that music in a park again, let alone Epcot!

We went to the 3/31 Epcot event and thought it was great. Got in at 6pm, a few things I noted:

The Mickey Mouse ice cream bars were passed out like halloween candy. Had to avoid the temptation of having more than 2.
Waited less than 20 minutes for test track, Frozen and did Remy at 12:45am and was out of the park by 1:10am. Soarin and Spaceship Earth were walk ons.
Picked up the popcorn bucket over by Figment around 10ish and the line went by pretty quickly (less than 5 minutes).

Overall, thought it was a great event (for free!) and would do it again if it lined up with an already planned trip.

Loved hearing Spectromagic blasted through the park a little after midnight! Never thought I'd hear that music in a park again, let alone Epcot!
Sounds great!!!

Sounds like they got their act together for the MM held on 3/31, after the complete disaster of 3/17.

well, like previously stated, the event was open to more than just members staying on points , Remy was down for a long time and Spaceship Earth was down the entire time. It was like a ghost town by Spaceship Earth lol!

My understanding as per DVC member svs was that as long you are a DVC member and have EITHER a DVC points stay or a cash booking during a MM date, you are eligible for early booking. After early booking, all other DVC members welcome. Someone have verifiable different answer?

This is correct. I just wanted to clarify for the PP that it was not just tied to DVC reservations.

For this year's MM events, does Disney need the names of every individual attending, linked to a room reservation?

Or is it just [member(s) name] + x guests (as allowed from room capacity)?

I have a GV room reserved but not everyone plans on attending, so was looking to use their "slots" for others.

For this year's MM events, does Disney need the names of every individual attending, linked to a room reservation?

Or is it just [member(s) name] + x guests (as allowed from room capacity)?

I have a GV room reserved but not everyone plans on attending, so was looking to use their "slots" for others.
Only the member needed a photo ID and membership card. Told them the number on the party and they put bands on everyone, not verifying specific names. We had kids sleeping in strollers, so they let us just take those bands.

I watched the DVC show episode today on the first moonlight magic and was surprised they all enjoyed it. I thought I was the only one who thought it was good 😂.

Any chance they add additional dates in 2022? I'm guessing it's unlikely but I'd love to do a MK MM one day.

Do you need a park reservation for that day? Or do you just get in with your MM entry?

Also, if you are on property and get the early booking window, do those sell out? Do I need to be crazy on the phone the day it is released for my dates? Or am I safe if I am staying on points at that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter