Moonlight Magic is BACK!

Sucks, I never got an email or could not find the link. Been on hold for 40min with member services but that's apparently worthless

Sucks, I never got an email or could not find the link. Been on hold for 40min with member services but that's apparently worthless
we've been on for two hours only to learn today that cash stays with blue cards were eligible today, but DVC stays HAD to be booked with DIRECT points to be eligible.

Guardians is being built at Epcot so not sure how that the DHS date is relevant when talking about the Epcot events.
Well. if they are having a DVC special event at Disney that week, it wouldn't be a stretch to also have a DVC preview at another park that same week... Its not like we can't go to more than one park in the same week.

I am a blue card member who is staying on a purely resale points contract under a separate account number. I could not access when I put in my membership number. I am assuming that the same would happen to you as well. I was instructed to call member services, but their line is all busy signals anyway.
I wonder what would happen if you booked purely with resale points but under the same membership number as a blue card account.

we've been on for two hours only to learn today that cash stays with blue cards were eligible today, but DVC stays HAD to be booked with DIRECT points to be eligible.

I wonder what would happen if you booked purely with resale points but under the same membership number as a blue card account.

I posted this in another thread, but this is not true. I used resale only points for my March/April reservation and had no trouble reserving Moonlight Magic today. However, the resale points are under the same UY/membership as my direct points.

I posted this in another thread, but this is not true. I used resale only points for my March/April reservation and had no trouble reserving Moonlight Magic today. However, the resale points are under the same UY/membership as my direct points.
great to hear! so you had no issues receiving the email and booking online?

I haven’t been able to attend in the past, hope to get into the HS 5/24 event.🤞

Are the Disney strollers available to rent for these events? We got rid of our stroller after our son turned 6, but he will probably get tired and need a snooze.

How would this work with transferred points? Are they eligible if they were originally direct?

Curious as I heard a lot of horror stories on the DVC Fan FB group...

I have a single DVC Membership number with 3 contracts. My first contract is direct points at BLT, 2nd is resale at BLT and 3rd is resale at BCV, all the same UY (obviously).

I am booked under my resale BCV points in June that overlaps with a HS Moonlight Magic event. It was booked at the 11 month mark, so I can't modify the reservation to utilize a few BLT direct points.

It sounds like based on @ValW 's post that I should be OK, but curious if there is anything I should consider doing reservation wise to ensure I don't run into any issues while trying to make my reservation?

The number of people who had issues was shocking and now I'm worried :) Was it primarily people who have multiple membership numbers and had their reservation on a membership number that only had resale points?

Curious as I heard a lot of horror stories on the DVC Fan FB group...

I have a single DVC Membership number with 3 contracts. My first contract is direct points at BLT, 2nd is resale at BLT and 3rd is resale at BCV, all the same UY (obviously).

I am booked under my resale BCV points in June that overlaps with a HS Moonlight Magic event. It was booked at the 11 month mark, so I can't modify the reservation to utilize a few BLT direct points.

It sounds like based on @ValW 's post that I should be OK, but curious if there is anything I should consider doing reservation wise to ensure I don't run into any issues while trying to make my reservation?

The number of people who had issues was shocking and now I'm worried :) Was it primarily people who have multiple membership numbers and had their reservation on a membership number that only had resale points?
I dream of the day, when Disney makes all of its valued members at ease by fixing the darn website.....

I dream of the day, when Disney makes all of its valued members at ease by fixing the darn website.....

A lot of people who had issues called and they were told by Cast Members the problem is that they booked using their resale points, which boggles my mind because DVC says you don't even need to be booked on points, you can be on a cash stay at a Disney hotel and they will let you register in this early phase. So why would they care if you're using resale points?

I think it is just bad information being given by CMs who aren't sure why things aren't working so are giving their theories or making things up - but it still worries me that I will run into issues!

A lot of people who had issues called and they were told by Cast Members the problem is that they booked using their resale points, which boggles my mind because DVC says you don't even need to be booked on points, you can be on a cash stay at a Disney hotel and they will let you register in this early phase. So why would they care if you're using resale points?

I think it is just bad information being given by CMs who aren't sure why things aren't working so are giving their theories or making things up - but it still worries me that I will run into issues!
I was thinking through the logic of this and here is what I came up with:
DVC members who booked using Direct points are clearly eligible for Membership Extras and the early reservation lottery.​
DVC members who have a blue card but have a cash reservation are eligible members who are providing income to Disney with their cash reservation and thus are considered eligible for the early reservation lottery.​
DVC members who booked using resale points have reservations that did not come from something that provided income to Disney, so they are included in the pool of people who are not eligible for the early lottery, but can try at the second date when it is opened up to all members.​

I am not saying this is right or not, just laying out what I think the thought process was.

I was told I didn't get the email because it was booked on resale points. They did agree it was an error and I should have had access because the resale contract was purchased in 2010, but didn't offer to rectify anything. I also have three direct contracts. Very disappointed with DVC member services

It seems like Disney is doing whatever they can to discourage people from buying resale. It doesn't matter if you've already spent a small fortune buying direct contracts. If you are using resale points, they want to make it as painful as possible. Or, Disney IT is incompetent and they just can't create a software that can handle the varying types of direct and resale contracts and memberships. I believe both are at play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter