• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic is BACK!

I am a blue card member who is staying on a purely resale points contract under a separate account number. I could not access when I put in my membership number. I am assuming that the same would happen to you as well. I was instructed to call member services, but their line is all busy signals anyway.
Thanks for the first hand report!

Park hours at Epcot end at 9pm and the event starts at 10pm. Do they leave an hour to clear out the park? Or should we expect park hours to be extended to 10pm?

Park hours at Epcot end at 9pm and the event starts at 10pm. Do they leave an hour to clear out the park? Or should we expect park hours to be extended to 10pm?
It's ideal if they leave the hour to clear it out. Otherwise the queues are nasty for the event goers. I remember the first VIPassholder event at MK didn't leave a gap and all the rides were huge waits. No idea if that's what they are doing here, but I hope they leave that hour.

Anyone remember when we found up what will be at the event re:rides/ food, etc? I only vaguely reminder from 2018 (or was it 19 🤔🤔) finding photos of the map on Facebook. I’m not on Facebook anymore and already getting excited!

Disney has started doing an hour gap between park close and “events” as of late so that’s likely what’s happening. The rides will be available during that hour, but any entertainment/free food won’t start until 10pm.

"Early resort registration is now closed.
Registration for all Members will open March 8 at 11:00 AM ET pending availability. "

Does that mean it's sold out, or just kept it open for an hour? Is this normal?

Registration for all Members will open March 8 at 11:00 AM ET pending availability. "

Maybe they only allocated a certain % for resort guests?

We had three devices open about 20 minutes before and got 5000, 4000 and 3000. I clicked the link at exactly 11 from my phon and got 2130 which is kinda messed up when you think about it... but posting here so people try that option for the next ones! My best wait right now is 1080 which feels OK 13 minutes in. Epcot capacity is something like 100,000 - for two events if they cap at say 20% my chances are still pretty good.. hopefullyyyyyyyy..

Same thing happened to me. I was on my desktop computer about 10 minutes before 11a and got 6400 as a number. After 11a when I was supposed to be behind everyone who had already been waiting prior to 11a and got their random number, I got a number 3000 lower on my phone. So in other words, after the time when everyone else was already seemingly queued I ended up with a better number. Oh well, got in and booked in about 35 minutes with a number somewhere around 3300.

Historically I’ve never seen tickets available past this early booking window. I think this means tickets are gone.

Same thing happened to me. I was on my desktop computer about 10 minutes before 11a and got 6400 as a number. After 11a when I was supposed to be behind everyone who had already been waiting prior to 11a and got their random number, I got a number 3000 lower on my phone. So in other words, after the time when everyone else was already seemingly queued I ended up with a better number. Oh well, got in and booked in about 35 minutes with a number somewhere around 3300.
Glad you got in!!!!!! I’m glad I clicked on a feeling.

Historically I’ve never seen tickets available past this early booking window. I think this means tickets are gone.

Technically not true, although both were for Magic Kingdom. My husband successfully (on the 2nd date) registered himself and relatives for January 2018 and himself and coworkers for March 2020 when he was in town for business trips. Neither times, did he have an on-site or DVC reservation.

Last edited:
Rumor has it that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will open Memorial Day Weekend. I wonder what the chances are the DVC Members will get a "sneak peek" at Moonlight Magic.

Rumor has it that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will open Memorial Day Weekend. I wonder what the chances are the DVC Members will get a "sneak peek" at Moonlight Magic.
Doubtful with the dates being in March. My guess is that if they do previews it won’t be until late April at the earliest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter