Moonlight Magic at AK worth spending $50 extra per person on flight

jodywgirl

DIS Veteran
We arrive late on September 6th. I just got the email today about the Moonlight magic event.

Looked at changing our flights but there are $50 more per person and there are three of us.

The 6th is actually my 50th birthday and this would be a fun way to celebrate it.

Did anyone attend it last year and does anyone know how many people they limit it too.

Also on Pandora without fastpass or waiting in long lines will we get to see it.

If anyone has attended these what are the snacks like

I would do that in a heartbeat especially if I had points/there were availability to add a night. TBH I would probably do it even if I had to stay at an All Stars the first night. YMMV

We arrive late on September 6th. I just got the email today about the Moonlight magic event.

Looked at changing our flights but there are $50 more per person and there are three of us.

The 6th is actually my 50th birthday and this would be a fun way to celebrate it.

Did anyone attend it last year and does anyone know how many people they limit it too.

Also on Pandora without fastpass or waiting in long lines will we get to see it.

If you already have a reservation for the 6th, you should go ahead and reserve your spot for the AK event right now!! As long as you have a room reservation on-site. What time would you be arriving at your resort? The event doesn't officially start until 9:30 p.m.

It is a little difficult to compare last year's event with this years. last year's crowds were very "light" compared to what you see usually in AK. We did not wait for anything except the 'games of chance' in Dinoland. Last year you were given an assigned time for the safari, one per person. The snacks consisted of a variety of bags of chips, Mickey ice cream bars and other ice cream, lemonade and ice water. Oh and some really good cookies. Flame Tree barbeque was open if you wanted to pay for food, not sure what this year will be like.

I read thru my confirmation letter....not sure how many noticed this notation: "Please note, While Pandora, World of Avatar will be available durthing this event, access to the land is NOT guaranteed. A standby queue to enter the land will be instituted when it has reached capacity, and attractino availability cannot be assured."

So....it is anybody's guess as to how crowded that area will be. I think they are anticipating that EVERYONE will want to go there....so, in answer to your question......last years event was wonderful without Pandora. It will be even better with Pandora, but anticipate it to be very crowded. It might be a once in a lifetime opportunity because who knows if they will continue these events.....last year was supposed to be the "special anniversary event year", but they extended it another year. In the big scheme of things, you may regret it if you don't spend the extra money on airfare. The flip side is, it could be cancelled because of weather or other factors. I'd say go for it......it will be a special birthday gift for you.

Our AK moonlight night last year was during a deluge! Very light crowds. Would not expect same this year, but it could happen. It was unbelievable!!

Just wondering.....what did you decide to do? Tomorrow reservations open for the general DVC population that is not staying on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter