Moonlight Magic AK

Question after hearing that FoP can have up to an hour wait time... Can you try to buy LL for FoP for that night (before or during MM) without an AK Park Reservation? So for our trip at the end of August, we have just a few days of tickets, almost one for each park. We were going to use MM as our ticket into AK at 7pm. Figuring there's quite a few to do in those hours, we may just give up some money to get on and off of FoP quickly.

Question after hearing that FoP can have up to an hour wait time... Can you try to buy LL for FoP for that night (before or during MM) without an AK Park Reservation? So for our trip at the end of August, we have just a few days of tickets, almost one for each park. We were going to use MM as our ticket into AK at 7pm. Figuring there's quite a few to do in those hours, we may just give up some money to get on and off of FoP quickly.
I would think if you bought it for the end of the night you could. It would need to be from 7-8p

I tried this last week and unfortunately the answer is no. You can’t purchase an ILL if you aren't registered to be in the park that day. MM doesn’t have a ticket recognized by MDE so without an AP or day ticket you can’t get an ILL

Reactions: EYL
I tried this last week and unfortunately the answer is no. You can’t purchase an ILL if you aren't registered to be in the park that day. MM doesn’t have a ticket recognized by MDE so without an AP or day ticket you can’t get an ILL
I thought, if you had PH tickets, you are able to make ILL and purchase ILL+ for a second park. Trying to get all this info straight for our first Genie+ visit.

I thought, if you had PH tickets, you are able to make ILL and purchase ILL+ for a second park. Trying to get all this info straight for our first Genie+ visit.

You are correct yes. The original question was asking if you could purchase an ILL with just a Moonlight Magic admission and that answer is no

You are correct yes. The original question was asking if you could purchase an ILL with just a Moonlight Magic admission and that answer is no
Thank you for this! I hate to take up an AK Park Reservation just to make a single ILL purchase, but it looks like I'll have to.

I was able to string together a last minute trip and am staying at Saratoga. I just saw that there is moonlight magic at AK on 8.31 and the registration is closed.

Do they ever open up last minute registrations for these events if they receive cancellations? I didn't even get a chance to try!

I was able to string together a last minute trip and am staying at Saratoga. I just saw that there is moonlight magic at AK on 8.31 and the registration is closed.

Do they ever open up last minute registrations for these events if they receive cancellations? I didn't even get a chance to try!
I was able to call and get a spot several years ago for a moonlight magic event. A few people asked the same question regarding the AK moonlight magic event. I recommend calling. Someone responded that they called and were told no late registrations would be allowed, even after cancellations. Never hurts to try.

What time can you enter park without park reservation for the party? I have MM tickets just don’t want to use a park day.

Just received the email for DAK MM Event next week:

Because you registered for Disney Vacation Club® Moonlight Magic at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, we have some important information to share with you before you get ready to party.

Are you ready for a night full of excitement? Enjoy select attractions with shorter-than-usual wait times, Disney Character experiences, reimagined entertainment, complimentary special treats and delectable delights!

Here’s everything you need to know:

Event Date: August 31, 2022

Event Time: 8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Disney Vacation Club Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 6:00 p.m. to get a head start on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Event Confirmation email, valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required)
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Main Entrance: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
  • In Park check-in at the Disney Vacation Club kiosk on the Pandora Bridge near Tiffins Restaurant: 4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Please note: The entire party must be present at check-in. Check-in is only available at the two locations listed above at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for this event.

Valid Theme Park admission and Park Reservation are required to enter Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park prior to 6:00 p.m.

Food & Beverage:
  • When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary Delectable Delight vouchers which can be used for a variety of sweet and savory snacks at multiple locations until park closing as well as limited locations during the event.
  • Delectable Delights vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
  • Additional food and beverage offerings will be available for purchase.
Transportation & Parking:
  • Complimentary parking is available at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 6:00 p.m.
  • Members must show their digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and event confirmation at the auto plaza to receive complimentary parking.
  • Walt Disney World® Bus service will be available until 12:00 a.m.

If you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the event by following the link in your original event confirmation email.

Offer is non-transferable and cannot be sold. At least one valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card with photo ID will be required for this experience. Member listed on the Membership Card must be in attendance. This is a rain-or-shine event; some experiences may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Event elements and offerings are subject to change without notice.

Disney Genie, Disney Genie+ and individual Lightning Lanes are not available for use during Moonlight Magic Events.

Glad for the info!

We have AP’s and park reservations in AK because we want to do the shows and the Safari. We will be signing in as close to 4 as we can. Will the food vouchers be good then? It seems to indicate yes. Does anyone know?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter