Moonlight Magic AK

I've always wanted to try Zuri's Sweets Shop. It's not on the map that was handed out, so does that mean you can't redeem your snack vouchers at this location?

ETA: Also do you have to redeem your vouchers before a certain time?

No redemption for Zuris, we tried. On your voucher it will tell you exactly where you can redeem and at what time. Pay close attention to the voucher because booth start closing at staggered times.

No redemption for Zuris, we tried. On your voucher it will tell you exactly where you can redeem and at what time. Pay close attention to the voucher because booth start closing at staggered times.
Thank you! I thought I read on something that snacks had to be redeemed between 7:00 and 9:00, but then I saw the map which showed places closing at later times than 9:00. I wondered if you could only use the vouchers earlier in the night, and maybe those times were for items you wanted to actually purchase.

What do you reckon are the best snacks we could pick up at AK? We are not big on snacks usually so don't really know that they are like. We prefer savoury to sweet.

Thank you! I thought I read on something that snacks had to be redeemed between 7:00 and 9:00, but then I saw the map which showed places closing at later times than 9:00. I wondered if you could only use the vouchers earlier in the night, and maybe those times were for items you wanted to actually purchase.

There's nothing limited to 7-9pm, with the exception of pizzafari and taking and yati to go, all CS were open later. You can't redeem the popcorn bucket until 9pm and you can't get the mickey/strawberry bars until 9pm. But I do highly suggest to start using the credits when you get to the park, shorter lines and more variety.

What do you reckon are the best snacks we could pick up at AK? We are not big on snacks usually so don't really know that they are like. We prefer savoury to sweet.
We liked Mr Kamels cart. They had chicken dumplings ( Chinese, not southern kind) and fries with dipping sauces that were both very good. At flame tree you can get onion rings but that line always looked bonkers so we didn't try for that. At harambe fruit cart (by safari) there was mickey pretzels and grilled corn with African spices. At drinkwalla they had spiced pecans and almonds, both were good but we all preferred the pecans. Oddly enough you can't get popcorn here for a snack credit.

how was the FoP line throughout the night?
At 11, it was 60 min, we chose to go ride everest again, it was a walk on. Got in line again at 1145 and it was posted 30 min, took us about 45 by the time we were off the ride. At park close it was posting 90 min so we didn't even try to ride it until we knew the day guests had left.

We got to Animal Kingdom around 4:30 with my son (with AP’s) and got our wristbands at the DVC booth on the way to Pandora with no wait. I thought that forgetting my drivers license would be a problem but was not, or I would have had to go back to Old Key West to get it. We did Genie Plus earlier in the day, so used it to stack rides for the evening. Other than Navee River Journey, it wasn’t needed. We got on that, Safari, Expedition, River Rapids and Dinosaur before 8. There is a cart between Pandora and just as you enter Africa that had a short line around 7 for popcorn buckets. I let my son pick out the snacks. He chose Mickey pretzels and the drink at Pandora that they put bubbles in. He used 3 of the 4 game vouchers. There were 3 games being used and people would use their coupons and any given to them to continue playing, making for big lines. Not really worth it. We had enough Mickey bars to last us for this trip.
we really didn’t attend for the character meet and greets, unless I saw one that was extremely rare. Years ago, I made my son do character meets at the Halloween Party multiple times and won’t force him to do pictures unless it’s someone that we (or I) haven’t seen. It was enjoyable walking around the party areas and taking it in.
I did wear my Moonlight Magic slinky dog tee shirt and Animal Kingdom MM hat. 5-6 people asked me where I bought them and I told them they were purchased 3 years ago. Most of them said the merchandise offered was sparse, consisting of pins that were pretty generic. I didn’t stop to look at any merchandise.
all in all, we had a blast and I’d go again with my son. That would only be in the Summer. My AP expires in late November, so unless we use it for Thanksgiving, I doubt if we will be back next Summer, particularly July. But I’ll be watching to see how Moonlight Magic evolves, as I know it will.

We were there and never saw any pins. That’s a shame. My daughter collects them

I was there and was not that impressed. IMO AK is just not suited for this type of event. There are too few rides and the big draw of AK is the animals, which is not something you can see during the event. The best part of the night was riding the Safari at 6:45 (actually saw the lions walking around), which was not actually part of the party. The games had ridiculous lines all night so never did those (they only opened 3 of the games). Snack selection was just OK. The chicken dumplings are good and the chili cheese fries at Restaurantsaurus are decent.

We did the HS one earlier in the month also. That one was fun.

I was there and was not that impressed. IMO AK is just not suited for this type of event. There are too few rides and the big draw of AK is the animals, which is not something you can see during the event. The best part of the night was riding the Safari at 6:45 (actually saw the lions walking around), which was not actually part of the party. The games had ridiculous lines all night so never did those (they only opened 3 of the games). Snack selection was just OK. The chicken dumplings are good and the chili cheese fries at Restaurantsaurus are decent.

We did DAK Moonlight Magic in 2019 and fully agree with you. DAK is not a good park for Moonlight Magic.

The lines for the games were crazy, so we didn't even bother. (Our daughter and her boyfriend did because there wasn't much else to do that they hadn't done before.)

The best part in 2019 was the free dinner at Satuli, which they replaced this year with 3 snacks.

At 11, it was 60 min, we chose to go ride everest again, it was a walk on. Got in line again at 1145 and it was posted 30 min, took us about 45 by the time we were off the ride. At park close it was posting 90 min so we didn't even try to ride it until we knew the day guests had left.
Are you able to see the wait times in the app during MM? Or do you have to physically walk across the park to find the times?

Sorry you didn’t like it, but I’m still looking forward to going Sept. 28! I think it sounds super fun.

We also did the one in AK in 2019 - loved it! The dinner at Flame Tree was a nice surprise- didn’t realize they had one at Satuli Canteen also. We’ll miss that but trying a few snacks will be fun also.

We did DAK Moonlight Magic in 2019 and fully agree with you. DAK is not a good park for Moonlight Magic.

The lines for the games were crazy, so we didn't even bother. (Our daughter and her boyfriend did because there wasn't much else to do that they hadn't done before.)

The best part in 2019 was the free dinner at Satuli, which they replaced this year with 3 snacks.

We came away with this exact same feeling. AK is not a good park for MM. We had SO much more fun at HS. More to do, much more compact, etc. We are very happy and feel grateful that we were able to do both this year but we all thought HS was just a much better experience all around.
Are you able to see the wait times in the app during MM? Or do you have to physically walk across the park to find the times?
You will physically have to walk ride to ride to see the wait times. Get a good game plan in place so you aren't criss-crossing the park constantly. Even then we found ourselves criss crossing. We went to dinosaur at park close and it was posted as an hour and the line wasn't moving, so we abandoned that and went to EE, stopping to get a mickey bar along the way. EE was 20 min so we did it twice, then back over to dinoland, attempted to play games (HUGE WASTE OF TIME, CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, SKIP IT). then to dinosaur and it was down to 15 min. Then more snacks on our way to FoP but it was an hour and it was 1050 at this point so we knew it would be the last thing we did so BACK across the park to EE, it was a complete walk on, so we did it twice then BACK over to FoP at 1140 it was down to 30 min. Yes, We were exhausted by the end of the night!

We came away with this exact same feeling. AK is not a good park for MM. We had SO much more fun at HS. More to do, much more compact, etc. We are very happy and feel grateful that we were able to do both this year but we all thought HS was just a much better experience all around.

You will physically have to walk ride to ride to see the wait times. Get a good game plan in place so you aren't criss-crossing the park constantly. Even then we found ourselves criss crossing. We went to dinosaur at park close and it was posted as an hour and the line wasn't moving, so we abandoned that and went to EE, stopping to get a mickey bar along the way. EE was 20 min so we did it twice, then back over to dinoland, attempted to play games (HUGE WASTE OF TIME, CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, SKIP IT). then to dinosaur and it was down to 15 min. Then more snacks on our way to FoP but it was an hour and it was 1050 at this point so we knew it would be the last thing we did so BACK across the park to EE, it was a complete walk on, so we did it twice then BACK over to FoP at 1140 it was down to 30 min. Yes, We were exhausted by the end of the night!
Thank you for the information! So it seems that FoP is better done at the end of the night. My DH will not ride it again after he got sick the one time he tried it (which is weird since I have vertigo and motion sickness and it has never bothered me at all). I was hoping to do it earlier while he takes a break. If I do it at the end of the night, he will just want to leave. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter