Moonlight Magic AK

Plus the people that were already in the queue aren’t kicked out so I guess they just say it starts at 9 but really it starts at park close as you can’t queue up without an armband
True. But if Safari isn't open after park close, you won't be able to queue up even WITH an armband. I hope people who go next Tuesday report back on here their experience with the Safari.

True. But if Safari isn't open after park close, you won't be able to queue up even WITH an armband. I hope people who go next Tuesday report back on here their experience with the Safari.
Yep. I hope so too. I have the last date so hopefully we can get some details and pointers.

It looks like I’ll be down to my final option on reservations for Tuesday night’s Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom. I plan on being there at 6 and getting into the Single Reservation Line. It’s similar to a Single Rider Line, but is used by Cast Members when a group has fewer people than what is allowed on their reservation. The Cast Member points to the first person or persons in line, depending on how many persons are needed to fill that reservation, and tells them to join that group.
Wave to me in line. I’ll be wearing the Slinky Dog Dash Moonlight Magic tee shirt and the beige, Moonlight Magic Animal Kingdom cap.

I'm changing the booking details for my party, still the same number in the party but a different name for one person. Will the effect my existing Moonlight Magic booking?

When should I expect a confirmation email for my reservation? We are booked for the 9/28 event. Should it have come already?

When should I expect a confirmation email for my reservation? We are booked for the 9/28 event. Should it have come already?
The registration confirmation email should have gone out immediately. You should also receive an additional email about 1 week prior to the event date you registered for.

Miracles never cease. I received an email from DVC, saying i had a reservation for 2 for tomorrow night. We plan on getting there around 6 and will still be wearing my Moonlight Magic slinky dog shirt and MM animal kingdom cap. If anyone from this board sees me, please say hello.

Will the shows be run during the event? Lion King, Nemo, etc? How about Conservation Station and the Animation Experience? Just deciding if we will need/want to be at the park outside the event timing.

Moonlight magic at AK is something I’ve always wanted to do. If I rent can I do it? How far in advance do they announce MM? It’s a bucket list (just AK and HS in that order…)

This is me being paranoid that my moonlight magic reservations will disappear on me, lol.
If I have the confirmation email, with confirmation code and part size, I'm all set, right? Even if clicking on the "modify reservation" takes me to a page that says "Online registration is no longer available for this event. Please contact registration assistance via the email link below in order to get information about registering at this time." rather than taking me to my actual reservation?

Will the shows be run during the event? Lion King, Nemo, etc? How about Conservation Station and the Animation Experience? Just deciding if we will need/want to be at the park outside the event timing.
The Lion King and Nemo shows have never been performed during any previous DAK MM Event. The last show time has always been prior to the entry time.

As far as I know Conservation Station & the animation experience normally close way before normal park closing each day so I wouldn't expect them to be open for MM. I only did MM @ AK once a few years ago so I don't really remember for sure. Only time I've ever had late access to that area was during a special D23 AK Anniversary event, they held our reception there.

What happens to all the people that were in the park before the event, do they actively try to herd them out or do they kind of hang around?

Last edited:
Tamper your expectations. You won’t see Pandora like the picture, completely empty.

Attachments

• 125F4C85-7E77-4D61-B977-02EF4ED91BFF.jpeg
    125F4C85-7E77-4D61-B977-02EF4ED91BFF.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 17
Did anyone do the ones at DHS this year? How did the snack vouchers go? Was it any item with snack logo at the spots?

What happens to all the people that were in the park before the event, do they actively try to herd them out or do they kind of hang around?
No herding, but since there's nothing for them to do (they don't have wristbands to get on rides) they pretty much filter out on their own. Having the 30 minutes between park closing and start of MM also encourages them to leave before MM starts - more guests are leaving than entering or staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter