Moonlight Magic AK

My experience with Moonlight Magic continues to take strange turns.

If you have been following this thread, you may already know that July 26 is my 25th wedding anniversary. I missed out on both registration opportunities.

I contacted Member Services to find out whether there were any cancelled tickets available. I was told that no other members will be registered. Member Services even suggested that I consider some paid experiences to make the day memorable. How kind!

Now for the latest:

At 4 PM EDT today, I received a reminder for Moonlight Magic. The message told me that I am registered for the event. It's the same message that was posted earlier in this thread.

I just got off of a chat with Member Services. I asked to confirm my registration status. The CM told me that I am not registered. I received the email message in error.

So, no party for me. Still.

Sigh.

I'm tempted to show up that night with the email message to see what happens.

If you have been following this thread, you may already know that July 26 is my 25th wedding anniversary. I missed out on both registration opportunities.

I contacted Member Services to find out whether there were any cancelled tickets available. I was told that no other members will be registered. Member Services even suggested that I consider some paid experiences to make the day memorable. How kind!

Now for the latest:

At 4 PM EDT today, I received a reminder for Moonlight Magic. The message told me that I am registered for the event. It's the same message that was posted earlier in this thread.

I just got off of a chat with Member Services. I asked to confirm my registration status. The CM told me that I am not registered. I received the email message in error.

Sigh.

I’d take the email and go. Members have canceled for the event so there’s room.

Now for the latest:

Sigh.

I agree with @Madame - I'd take that email and go!

When we checked in for DHS MM last week, they looked up our name on a tablet. So I guess they could tell you No if your name isn't there. But you have the email, so, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I agree with @Madame - I'd take that email and go!

When we checked in for DHS MM last week, they looked up our name on a tablet. So I guess they could tell you No if your name isn't there. But you have the email, so, nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Oh, trust me, they will say "no." LOL.

I don't know if I am going to try this or not. They probably flagged my account when they found out that the email was inadvertently sent.

I really hoped that someone at DVC listened to my request and made some magic happen. It seems odd to me that I received the email in error. Normally, when they screw up, everyone gets the message.

Oh, trust me, they will say "no." LOL.

I don't know if I am going to try this or not. They probably flagged my account when they found out that the email was inadvertently sent.

I really hoped that someone at DVC listened to my request and made some magic happen. It seems odd to me that I received the email in error. Normally, when they screw up, everyone gets the message.
Does it have your last name on it? “Dear NAME family” at the top? Ours does and if it does I’d roll with it and show up.

Does it have your last name on it? “Dear NAME family” at the top? Ours does and if it does I’d roll with it and show up.
Yes. It has my family name and clearly states that I am registered. It does not include a registration number.

Yes. It has my family name and clearly states that I am registered. It does not include a registration number.
Ours either and we got it today even though I canceled days ago. If getting turned away will ruin your night then make other plans to celebrate your anniversary.

Me, I’d pop in, explain the situation. Maybe tell them you thought a CM had granted a bit of pixie dust (I mean why else did you get the email???) and ask if maybe you’re on the list.

So it looks like AK closes at 8:00 next Tuesday. So party-goers can enter an hour before closing. We are going to the September party where it looks like AK closes at 7:00, so I'm expecting to enter at 6:00. The issue with having only an hour before the park closes is that a lot of people will be headed to the safari, and then you have a short amount of time after that to get your snacks. A dinner at Yak & Yeti is a must-do for us. This is a goodbye trip for us, and Yak & Yeti is one of our favorite restaurants. I feel like I will have to decide between safari, Yak & Yeti, and snack vouchers. There will be no way to get all three done in two hours.

ETA: Hopefully, we will find out next Tuesday that the safari stays open a little after park closing.

Didn't the DHS and Epcot events allow entry 2 hours before? If so, this is a little disappointing.

Last edited:
So it looks like AK closes at 8:00 next Tuesday. So party-goers can enter an hour before closing. We are going to the September party where it looks like AK closes at 7:00, so I'm expecting to enter at 6:00. The issue with having only an hour before the park closes is that a lot of people will be headed to the safari, and then you have a short amount of time after that to get your snacks. A dinner at Yak & Yeti is a must-do for us. This is a goodbye trip for us, and Yak & Yeti is one of our favorite restaurants. I feel like I will have to decide between safari, Yak & Yeti, and snack vouchers. There will be no way to get all three done in two hours.

ETA: Hopefully, we will find out next Tuesday that the safari stays open a little after park closing.

Didn't the DHS and Epcot events allow entry 2 hours before? If so, this is a little disappointing.

If I remover correctly, it was two hours before, but the party started half an hour after park closing. Here it’s an hour before, but the party starts an hour after park closing.

Right now our plan is to spend the first part of the day at Animal Kingdom to do the shows and stuff and come back in the evening for the party.

I went to an AK Moonlight Magic a few years ago. When we entered we got a time to go on the Safari. It stayed opened longer than usual. Don’t know what will be, but we definitely got on the Safari.

The plot thickens...

I just got a call from Member Services. I'm teaching a summer school English course, so I can't answer my phone.

My guess is that they are calling to inform me that I received the party email by mistake.

ETA: I'm wrong. They are calling about an email I sent to the DVC VP about my experiences with registration and Member Services. Interesting.

Last edited:
If anyone has 2 extra reservations to Tuesdays MM, my son and I were shut out twice on trying to get them. If you are staying off site, I can get 2 people into extra night hours at either Epcot on Monday, or Magic Kingdom on Wednesday, or both. Just PM me.

I just got a call from Member Services. I'm teaching a summer school English course, so I can't answer my phone.
UPDATE:

I listened to the voicemail when class was over. It was a DVC supervisor. She asked me to call regarding the email I sent about my dissatisfaction with Moonlight Magic registration and Member Services.

A few minutes after receiving the call, I received a new email message notification. Much to my surprise, it was an official confirmation for Moonlight Magic at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It even has a confirmation number and my party size.

It looks like pixie dust still exists! We are in!

(BTW, the return phone number did not work.)

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I listened to the voicemail when class was over. It was a DVC supervisor. She asked me to call regarding the email I sent about my dissatisfaction with Moonlight Magic registration and Member Services.

A few minutes after receiving the call, I received a new email message notification. Much to my surprise, it was an official confirmation for Moonlight Magic at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It even has a confirmation number and my party size.

It looks like pixie dust still exists! We are in!

(BTW, the return phone number did not work.)
Congrats!! And enjoy your anniversary!

I’m just a little confused on what happens between park closing and the time the party starts. Are rides open? I know this is also when we are supposed to get the free snacks. How do you plan for this time period?

I’m just a little confused on what happens between park closing and the time the party starts. Are rides open? I know this is also when we are supposed to get the free snacks. How do you plan for this time period?
the rides were open at HS. They just check for your armband. They are just trying to get the others out of the park before they start the DJ, characters, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter