Moonlight Magic AK for July

I will readily admit that I do reserve the maximum for the room I have booked just in case I have more people going than I knew doe sure when of when registration opens.
Honest question: when you see folks who got shut out and you know you might be sitting on tickets that may never get used, how does that make you feel?

Honest question: when you see folks who got shut out and you know you might be sitting on tickets that may never get used, how does that make you feel?

They always get used…because if I end up not needing them for people traveling with me, I give them to others….

I feel bad for anyone who loses out but not bad that I have tickets since my goal is always to get family and friends to join me because I got them which helps them need one less day of ticket.

ETA. I do think they should limit it to going to one event per year, not one event per park as that would allow more members to go with their guests.

Last edited:
We live in Indiana, and this is the first MM event that has ever aligned with when we will be in Florida. I’m the one that was almost done registering when it told me the event was full. From what I’ve read, it seems like you can automatically register 5 per membership unless you have a 2 bedroom or more that accommodates more guests. I just assume that people register 5 because that is the quickest and easiest as you are trying to hurry through the registration. Maybe I’m wrong??? Either way, I am one of the people that was asking if anyone has extra tickets available. It’s truly heartbreaking to extend your trip for this purpose, use your points, and then not get in. With the registration so close to the event date of July 11th, I knew it would be a gamble. I lost…. It’s just sad. At least those trying for the August date could still cancel their reservation without penalty but those with July room reservations can’t do that without points going into holding. 😞

I know that after this experience, if I ever do get into a MM event in the future and find that I have extra spots, I will definitely pay it forward and make sure I find members that missed out to use them!

I was able to secure tickets for the Aug 2nd MM. Very happy, as we have never attended one despite being DVC members since 2010.

Our reservation is for a 2 BR that sleeps 9. There are 4 of us going. It would never occur to me to add phantom guests to my reservation in order to book the maximum # of MM tickets, because, well, I'm not a xxxxxxx Sorry but anyone who does that and causes other members to miss out is, well, I'm sure you can guess. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
We live in Indiana, and this is the first MM event that has ever aligned with when we will be in Florida. I’m the one that was almost done registering when it told me the event was full. From what I’ve read, it seems like you can automatically register 5 per membership unless you have a 2 bedroom or more that accommodates more guests. I just assume that people register 5 because that is the quickest and easiest as you are trying to hurry through the registration. Maybe I’m wrong??? Either way, I am one of the people that was asking if anyone has extra tickets available. It’s truly heartbreaking to extend your trip for this purpose, use your points, and then not get in. With the registration so close to the event date of July 11th, I knew it would be a gamble. I lost…. It’s just sad. At least those trying for the August date could still cancel their reservation without penalty but those with July room reservations can’t do that without points going into holding. 😞

I know that after this experience, if I ever do get into a MM event in the future and find that I have extra spots, I will definitely pay it forward and make sure I find members that missed out to use them!
We only need 3 spots. Took exactly zero extra time to only select 3 spots.

I am sorry you lost out. We adjusted our trip based on this date but also ended up adding a lot of extras to our trip knowing it was a gamble if we got MM tickets or not. I was given the option to choose the number of tickets and I picked exactly how many I need for us (myself, DH, and our 2 kids). I could have booked up to 6 based on what was listed in the drop down menu but why would I book more than I need? I wouldn’t want to take away spots from another family. For me, at least, there was no default setting for number of tickets.

Ok. Maybe I misunderstood. I thought most people booked for the maximum slots. I’m glad that there may not be as many spots going to waste as I thought, but that sadly gives me even less hope that we could receive some pixie dust from another member…

I for one can relate and truly feel for your situation (as opposed to the grumpy Gus earlier who seemed to imply that anyone looking for tickets was trying to con the system or something). I also changed our plans this year to be a week earlier than typical in August to align with the MM event and have been holding my breath ever since hoping that we would score the tickets and not disappoint my daughter and her best friend who is coming along with us. We never gave a second thought to reserving only the 4 necessary tickets that we need because, like DonMacGregor pointed out already, most ppl should have their party set by now and IMO grabbing the maximum amount just for the "what if" situations is just wrong.

Reactions: rlk
I took a snapshot of my screen with the confirmation number but my e-mail came maybe a minute after I registered. Did you check your spam?
I have been watching my spam. I had to call MS as it was saying my hotel wasn't linked. I'll give it 24 hours and call them back.

I got in. I have 2 rooms with 10 people listed, some local day guest coming to visit another day. Only 7 of us are going. I only got exactly 7. July 11th. (Our day guest aren’t going). My lowest number was 4100, but my friend was trying too and got 900, so she registered us.

We did not successfully register for Moonlight Magic at Disney's Animal Kingdom today. My initial queue number was 44 only to advance to the notice that the event reached capacity at 11:04 a.m. When I attempted to enter the queue again there were well over 10,000 people in front of me.

I fully understand the uncertain and random nature of these event registrations; however, it seems very unfair to be disqualified because of a technical glitch by DVC.

I was able to secure tickets for the Aug 2nd MM. Very happy, as we have never attended one despite being DVC members since 2010.

Our reservation is for a 2 BR that sleeps 9. There are 4 of us going. It would never occur to me to add phantom guests to my reservation in order to book the maximum # of MM tickets, because, well, I'm not a xxxxxxx Sorry but anyone who does that and causes other members to miss out is, well, I'm sure you can guess. LOL.

Since I already stated I do this, let me clarify. They are not phantom guests. They are family or friends who might decide to go with me on the trip, but can’t give a firm yes yet.

I don’t put anyone in who is a definite no but as long as I have maybes, then I add them and go from there.

And, yes, two of my guests who are coming with me in September turned to a yes when I secured the tickets.

I get people don’t like it, and that’s okay but since we decided to coordinate our potential trip with an event, we secured as many spots as possible guests who might come with us.

To be fair, though, I book all my trips like this and adjust as things get closer.

Why would typing five be faster than any other number lol?

When I have registered, it autopopulated with the number of guests I had listed on my reservation.

I have never had to enter the number. For example, I had 8 people on my 2 bedroom reservation for the HS event in September and that is what it booked automatically put in for me.

My point remains. Every time we have one of these event reservations and someone invariably and inevitably gets shut out and asks on message boards, Facebook, Reddit, whatever if anyone has any “extra” tickets, there will be some non-zero number of responders affirming that they do have extras and querying as to how many are needed. Immediately after the event sells out.

Last edited:
When I have registered, it autopopulated with the number of guests I had listed on my reservation.

I have never had to enter the number. For example, I had 8 people on my 2 bedroom reservation for the HS event in September and that is what it booked automatically put in for me.
I’ve never tried to register before today but it asked me to pick a number of people, even though my reservation has 4 (I obviously picked 4). I wonder if that was a glitch in the system? Or was it because I was on my phone?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter