Moonlight Magic AK for July

Got in at aprox 11:35 am with a number close to 3000.
Thank God!
Good luck to the ones still waiting!

I had low 100's and it also said it was at capacity. I didn't know what to do, but fortunately, I tried opening the link on another tab after about 5 min of freaking out and I was in. Of course, then I thought I might have taken too long and it woudl kick me out. So now I'm in for Aug 2nd. With the extra money we pay for a Blue Card, they really need to offer more of thee events so everyone can do at least one a year-without sweating it!
There are multiple nights per event? There are 5 events, and 9 nights totally. I do agree once you do one night you should be unable to be in priority for another.

I was literally in the process of registering when it said the event was full. I'm devastated!!! We specifically extended our trip to attend. It was a resort only trip with no park days planned, so we were really looking forward to this. If anyone has extra people registered and could help get us in, I would VERY much appreciate it. We are just a party of 3. Myself and my 2 children.

I’m sorry. I know exactly how you feel! The same thing happened to me. I got in at 11:40 and it said July 11th event was completely closed out.

I am also desperate for tickets if anyone should have some. I just need two. Thank you.

I was literally in the process of registering when it said the event was full. I'm devastated!!! We specifically extended our trip to attend. It was a resort only trip with no park days planned, so we were really looking forward to this. If anyone has extra people registered and could help get us in, I would VERY much appreciate it. We are just a party of 3. Myself and my 2 children.
What day are you wanting to go?

so when I got in it told me sold out for 4. To test it I got I tried 2 and got in. what are the chances/procedure of getting two more added to the same reservation?

Got in on August 2nd with a number of 1459. My brother in law was trying on his end and got 18 but was one of the people who got the message that the event was full when he tried to book. Glad we were still able to get in.

I was at 56 when it paused just before 12. So mad the 8/2 filled. I saw that next week people can register for 7/11 but no info on 8/2. Does anyone know when the one for 8/2 will open?

I was at 56 when it paused just before 12. So mad the 8/2 filled. I saw that next week people can register for 7/11 but no info on 8/2. Does anyone know when the one for 8/2 will open?
General Registration* – Opens June 21, 2023 and July 19, 2023
Event registration for the July 11 Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park event opens to all eligible Members on June 21, 2023 (pending availability). Event registration for the August 2 Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park event opens to all eligible Members on July 19, 2023 (pending availability). For other Moonlight Magic events, please check back for information about when to register.

I was 678 for 7/11 at 11:01 and quickly went down to 492 by 11:02. It paused when I was down to 138 around 11:09. I got to the registration screen by 11:13, had to look up my membership number, and was signed up by 11:15. We’ve never done MM before so we’re pretty excited!

Not going to lie, I was stressed about this because I was supposed to be working from home today but then had an in person meeting from 9-12 today added to my calendar on Monday. I tried explaining to my husband how to sign in and register. I got lucky enough to click the link from my phone during a break and I just left the screen up. Luckily the registration screen came up after my portion of the meeting was done. My husband said he couldn’t figure out how to do it after he was number 100 something so he closed it down and gave up.

Well, it’s been a tough morning. We lost out. I’m just looking for two tickets for myself and my daughter. If anyone should have an extra two tickets, we would be so appreciative. We’ve never been to a MM event, despite having had DVC for MANY years. Thank you for your consideration!

Well, it’s been a tough morning. We lost out. I’m just looking for two tickets for myself and my daughter. If anyone should have an extra two tickets, we would be so appreciative. We’ve never been to a MM event, despite having had DVC for MANY years. Thank you for your consideration!
What date?

I don't mean for this to sound mean, nor am I directing it at you, but when I see a bunch of posts like yours that receive responses I have to wonder just how many people willfully reserve tickets for some number larger than their intended party. Otherwise, how would anyone have any extra tickets less than an hour or so after the registration closes?

I mean, July 11 is just 27 days away, so you'd think most people have their travel party pretty well set by now. I just wonder what number of possible reservation spots are taken up by members who increase their reservation party on the chance that someone might join them last minute (obviously as we get closer, then people DROPPING from reservations will open some extra spots up to be shared with others, but I'm curious about extra tickets at the front end, not the back end). We've definitely seen posts in the past where members deliberately reserve a larger villa in order to increase their MM party size, well before they've even made their actual travel plans (see if you get the MM tickets, if not then cancel the room res.). Every time I see a post asking in general if anyone has any extra tickets, there always seems to be some number of people who say they do. Right out of the gate.

I guess what I'm saying is I often wonder if the person who turns around and gives you one or two of their tickets had simply reserved for the number of people they actually anticipate will be attending, you might have been able to register directly and been saved the stress and heartache.

And on that note, folks can flame away. I'm sure there are plenty who will say "Well, it's first come, first served, and I have every right to reserve as many tickets as I want up to the capacity of my room".

Oh, and I absolutely do hope that you do find some tickets.

Last edited:
I don't mean for this to sound mean, nor am I directing it at you, but when I see a bunch of posts like yours I have to wonder just how many people willfully reserve tickets for some number larger than their intended party. Otherwise, how would anyone have any extra tickets less than an hour or so after the registration closes?

I mean, July 11 is just 27 days away so you'd think most people have their travel party pretty well set by now. I just wonder what number of possible reservation spots are taken up by members who increase their reservation party on the chance that someone might join them last minute (obviously as we get closer, then people DROPPING from reservations will open some extra spots up to be shared with others). We've definitely seen posts in the past where members deliberately reserve a larger villa in order to increase their MM party size, well before they've even made their actual travel plans (see if you get the MM tickets, if not then cancel the room res.). Every time I see a post asking in general if anyone has any extra tickets, there always seems to be some number of people who say they do. Right out of the gate.

I guess what I'm saying is I often wonder if the person who turns around and gives you one or two of their tickets had simply reserved for the number of people they actually anticipate will be attending, you might have been able to register directly and been saved the stress and heartache.

And on that note, folks can flame away. I'm sure there are plenty who will say "Well, it's first come, first served, and I have every right to reserve as many tickets as I want up to the capacity of my room".

Well DonMacGregor, I for one will agree with you and add that when I see this sort of post asking for "extra" tickets, my first thought isn't that they as eligible members were not able to score the tickets, but instead were either not eligible members or were renters or other Disney guests that were playing on people feeling bad for them. Some probably were not able to get in and get the tickets, but there is the second chance registration next week that does not appear they are in favor of giving it a try. And why is that? Why ask now and not after the second date when they could make another go of it. Yes, yes, I know people have time constraints and all that...

So bring it on to all those that my post hits a nerve with. I stayed out of the thread about the people who rent commercially especially in excess. Funny how that one had so many posts and then died suddenly.

I don't mean for this to sound mean, nor am I directing it at you, but when I see a bunch of posts like yours that receive responses I have to wonder just how many people willfully reserve tickets for some number larger than their intended party. Otherwise, how would anyone have any extra tickets less than an hour or so after the registration closes?

I mean, July 11 is just 27 days away, so you'd think most people have their travel party pretty well set by now. I just wonder what number of possible reservation spots are taken up by members who increase their reservation party on the chance that someone might join them last minute (obviously as we get closer, then people DROPPING from reservations will open some extra spots up to be shared with others, but I'm curious about extra tickets at the front end, not the back end). We've definitely seen posts in the past where members deliberately reserve a larger villa in order to increase their MM party size, well before they've even made their actual travel plans (see if you get the MM tickets, if not then cancel the room res.). Every time I see a post asking in general if anyone has any extra tickets, there always seems to be some number of people who say they do. Right out of the gate.

I will readily admit that I do reserve the maximum for the room I have booked just in case I have more people going that what was for sure when of when registration opens. I expect to be flamed…lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter