Moonlight Magic AK for July

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Good morning to all,

I have not received the email registration link.

I called MS last week and they checked that I was eligible, but she said that they are notified when the links are emailed and she could not see it yet.

I don 't remember being so close to the registration date in the past. Getting nervous .

Hopefully someone will reply.
When I called MS, they said we won’t get the email until the day before (June 13th). And that the email really only has a link to the registration that we should all see in our membership account (Under news and alerts). I’d be interested to hear if this is accurate based off of recent Moonlight Magic events.

Thank you for posting! We are in the same boat. We should be eligible for the July event at Animal Kingdom and I have not received an e-mail yet either. I was starting to get concerned about it. I did notice that members have until June 11 to modify/make reservations to be included in the event so I wondered if it might come out after that deadline passed.

When I called MS, they said we won’t get the email until the day before (June 13th). And that the email really only has a link to the registration that we should all see in our membership account (Under news and alerts). I’d be interested to hear if this is accurate based off of recent Moonlight Magic events.
Yes, it is.
The link is not unique for a particular membership and once sent via email is often posted here on the DISboards as well. Also, it'll be posted in the Moonlight Magic page in the members website.
I don't receive DVC emails 80% of the time, but I received it for the DHS MM last time.

Yes, it is.
The link is not unique for a particular membership and once sent via email is often posted here on the DISboards as well. Also, it'll be posted in the Moonlight Magic page in the members website.
I don't receive DVC emails 80% of the time, but I received it for the DHS MM last time.
I see, I have always gotten the email. I will look for the link on the membership website if I don't get one.
thank you

I haven't received an email either. I'm excited to try and get registered.

We are trying for the July AK MM. If we get it, this will be our first time actually going to a MM. We were registered for the MM at AK that was canceled last September due to the hurricane.

I’ve never been to MM either, but I would have to think it won’t be that hard to get with early registration and being online anywhere close to 11:00 on WedNew day to register.

I’ve never been to MM either, but I would have to think it won’t be that hard to get with early registration and being online anywhere close to 11:00 on WedNew day to register.
Moonlight Magic event capacity is capped to help ensure it is a positive experience for attendees. It would defeat the purpose if they allowed 20,000 members into the park for each event, resulting in long wait times across the board. Not everyone who wants to attend MM will get in.

That makes sense to cap the number allowed. If I understand it correctly, and I might not, there is an early registration (June 14th for AK) for members who have a resort reservation and then, a later date for General registration for members w/o a stay. If that’s correct, I would think the early registration has to be almost for sure thing or why would they have a later general registration?

That makes sense to cap the number allowed. If I understand it correctly, and I might not, there is an early registration (June 14th for AK) for members who have a resort reservation and then, a later date for General registration for members w/o a stay. If that’s correct, I would think the early registration has to be almost for sure thing or why would they have a later general registration?
Unfortunately not. I followed only the registration for DHS, because it was the one I wanted to register for, but the earlier date sold out in about 2 hours, the September date sold out a bit later. Quite a few people couldn't get in.
They keep a few tickets for the later registration, to give a chance to locals and people who missed the first chance. The second round usually sells out much more quickly, sign there are fewer seats.

Wow! I wouldn't have guessed that. In that case, I'll consider myself luck if I get in. Thanks for clarifying.

We're trying for the August party.

The days before registration are so stressful for me. So many butterflies! So many distracted thoughts! Will I get the link? Will my internet blip out at 11 am? What if the system loses my room reservation? Will I type in my member number wrong? Will I get a 5-digit place in queue? Will I get a conference call scheduled for the same time??? Aack.

This is very niche anxiety. After a dismal start to 2023, I feel so lucky that these are my worries this week! I hope to see you ALL in the park that night!

I just finalized travel arrangements this weekend and realized that we will be in FL during the August AK MM event. This was not a Disney trip however so we don't have a resort reservation. Am I correct in my understanding that at this point, even if we booked a room for that night today, we'd be too late for the early registration? I see that yesterday, 6/11 looks to be the cutoff if I'm interpreting that correctly. We've never been to MM before however I don't want to get too excited since I know it's a long shot we'll get in with general registration.

I just finalized travel arrangements this weekend and realized that we will be in FL during the August AK MM event. This was not a Disney trip however so we don't have a resort reservation. Am I correct in my understanding that at this point, even if we booked a room for that night today, we'd be too late for the early registration? I see that yesterday, 6/11 looks to be the cutoff if I'm interpreting that correctly. We've never been to MM before however I don't want to get too excited since I know it's a long shot we'll get in with general registration.

Yes, it is too late to add a room now for early registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter