Moonlight Magic 2019?

last year I believe the date they released 2018 was on Nov 28th, should be next week or week after.

Also anxiously awaiting the announcement - my 60 day fast pass window opens Nov 27!

Thank you! Now for them to coincide with my trip! :)

Isn’t this the truth. It’s like they spin the wheel to see if any dates for on the already booked vacations we’ve chosen at the 11 month window. Last year I had 5 trips booked and 2 dates lined up. The year before, I had 5 trips booked and ZERO trips lined up. Still working on booking my October trip day by day, as I struggle to get Bwv standard studio at the 11 month window.

We are earlier, Jan 13-20. Hoping for a DVC event, but otherwise will pay for After Hours at MK.

I have been lucky to attend 2 events, one at MK and one at Studios.

Was hoping dates would be announced before I have to book FP in 12 hours... come on DVC!

Have they confirmed that they'll definitely be extended into 2019? I'm wondering whether the expansion of the After Hours events into DHS and AK (and the DVC discount offered) may have put an end to them.

Have they confirmed that they'll definitely be extended into 2019? I'm wondering whether the expansion of the After Hours events into DHS and AK (and the DVC discount offered) may have put an end to them.
I don’t think there has been any confirmation but as DVC has tried to differentiate direct sales from resales this has been one of their effective strategies. I think based on that everyone is speculating they will continue. They only introduced this concept a couple years ago for the 25th Anniversary of DVC. 2018 was the first time DHS was actually even included in these parties so we will see what happens next year.

Hmmmmmm… true! Why give a free night if people are willing to pay, a lot, for the extra hours.

Hmmmmmm… true! Why give a free night if people are willing to pay, a lot, for the extra hours.

Because it’s an inducement to buy direct: “Why pay for the extra hours when you can enjoy free nights by buying direct?” (Of course DVD doesn't point out that you’re paying a lot more for those “free” nights by buying direct!)

But when DVD decides the free events aren’t bringing in enough direct buyers, they will discontinue them.

I would rather prefer if they change the perk to be a huge discount (50-80%) on the price of a general guests event, like a Halloween party or an After Hours, once a year per membership. So everyone would be able to choose a date that works better for their travel dates and attend something that should be well organized (see: the poor DCA event).

I'm losing hope that there are going to be dates in January - LY the booking date for the January Magic Kingdom Moonlight Magic was Dec 7th. Cutting pretty close if same patterns continue.

I'm losing hope that there are going to be dates in January - LY the booking date for the January Magic Kingdom Moonlight Magic was Dec 7th. Cutting pretty close if same patterns continue.
Last year I think the announcement was Nov 28... maybe tomorrow?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter