Montana - just back! Anyone have questions?

I really appreciate all the information you've shared. It's very helpful. I hope you won't mind a couple more questions. Did you arrive in Bozeman a day early? If so, where did you stay? Did you rent a car or use a hotel shuttle? Also, during the adventure, are there any shopping opportunities? Thanks again!
I didn't go with ABD, but did spend a night in Bozeman ahead of our Yellowstone trip. We stayed at the Best Western Gran Tree Inn. Not fancy, by any means, but adequate for what we needed it to be. The hotel has a free shuttle to/from the airport and to any other Bozeman destination. We stayed there for a night after our trip and they took us to the Museum of the Rockies and picked us up when we were ready to leave. Airport transfers get priority, but they'll take you anywhere. If you need to pick up incidentals, there's a Walmart across the street. The restaurant in the hotel is pretty good. Huge portions. It's like a sports bar, but kid-friendly. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool there after our trip as well.

I really appreciate all the information you've shared. It's very helpful. I hope you won't mind a couple more questions. Did you arrive in Bozeman a day early? If so, where did you stay? Did you rent a car or use a hotel shuttle? Also, during the adventure, are there any shopping opportunities? Thanks again!

We flew in the morning the adventure started, which meant a 6am flight from NC. If there’s one thing I would have done differently, we’d definitely fly in the day before and stay in Bozeman, and then meet back up with the group at the airport the next day. You really hit the ground running on arrival day, so we didn’t have time to recover after the super early day we had. During the trip, there’s lots of opportunities for souvenir shopping along the way - but you can use that time for other things too, if shopping isn’t your thing.

Thank you both for the replies. We are flying a day early, as we're also from the east coast and have to connect in Chicago. I just double checked that our hotel has a shuttle, so we won't both with a car rental.

If you are still following this thread, we just got back from our Costa Rica trip (LOVED it). And my family is wondering if they will get wake up calls as early as we did in costa rica. I'm assuming there are some early mornings, but hoping it won't be quite so bad since I think we travel less. I think you did the old CR itinerary, but any insight on the wake ups? Thanks again for all of the help.

If you are still following this thread, we just got back from our Costa Rica trip (LOVED it). And my family is wondering if they will get wake up calls as early as we did in costa rica. I'm assuming there are some early mornings, but hoping it won't be quite so bad since I think we travel less. I think you did the old CR itinerary, but any insight on the wake ups? Thanks again for all of the help.

Hi! We are racking our brains trying to remember, and can’t remember for sure. We do remember some early mornings - maybe 6-7am? I don’t think anything later than 8am that we can recall. The exception is when you get to the dude ranch at the end. You can choose a morning and/or afternoon activity. We chose an afternoon activity and enjoyed sleeping in after a long week!

Yellowstone is SO amazingly big that there is a surprising amount of driving, even just to get around within the park. Hope that helps!

wow . .thanks for the quick reply. Now should I warn my family it will be similar or surprise them ??? I think it will be worth it. Maybe I'll tell them closer to the trip. We just got back yesterday so now might be too soon :) Thanks again!

wow . .thanks for the quick reply. Now should I warn my family it will be similar or surprise them ??? I think it will be worth it. Maybe I'll tell them closer to the trip. We just got back yesterday so now might be too soon :) Thanks again!

If you have teenagers, definitely surprise them!

one more question if you don't mind -- at the 320 ranch, were you in one of the two room cabins? If our whole family is essentially in one room for the entire week, I think that will be too much . . .

one more question if you don't mind -- at the 320 ranch, were you in one of the two room cabins? If our whole family is essentially in one room for the entire week, I think that will be too much . . .

We had two bedrooms - one with a queen bed and one with two fulls (or maybe they were queens?). We also had a family room, kitchen and one bathroom. It was a great space after some snuggly quarters the rest of the week.

We have family in the area but are considering going Disney just for fun. Is it worth the extra cost for the Disney experience?

We have family in the area but are considering going Disney just for fun. Is it worth the extra cost for the Disney experience?

Honestly, to me the Disney experience made all the difference. Not only the cool little touches you get on any ABD trip, but their handling of logistics was HUGE for this trip. Having the bus drop you off at the “front door” (so to speak) of each site, giving you time to wander around, and then picking you back up was priceless. I didn’t really appreciate that until we got there and saw the insanity that is the traffic and parking lots everywhere we went. Not having to deal with any of that made the trip worth it to us!

Yes!!! Some old woman who was driving in a rent-a-mobile-home to see YNP ran into the side of our parked bus at the Fountain Paint Pots. Our driver, Corey, was cool as a cucumber. I, on the other hand, was really, really mad at that woman! B/w Corey and our Guides, things went so smoothly! You'll never believe just how crazy packed YNP is! Tour groups from other counties, multi-generation families, backpackers, you name it. It's crowded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter