Monster's Inc. question

ScrapperKimmyD

I'm all a-twitter!
We rode that ride twice. The first time, most of our group was in one car and 3 of us adults were behind them in another car - a couple in the front and I was in the next row.

We heard Roz, at the end, tell the kids in front of us "next time, bring me a churro".

Then to us she said something like "I saw you winking at me" and "but you're not my type" stuff.

The next time we rode it, my DDs were in the front and I was in the 2nd row. We heard Roz tell the people in front of us "next time bring me a churro". Then to us she said "is that your sister? You'd better be nice to her".

so my question is:

How do they do that? Is there someone with a camera near the end that pushes a button to pick the appropriate phrase? Does the castmember at the beginning "assign" us a phrase when we get in? How does that work?

There's a camera right after the decontamination, I think there's a news report happening in that scene. Anyway, a quick snap shot is taken and a CM somewhere tells Roz what to say. It's not preprogrammed although she may say some of the same stuff over if she can't think of anything else. While we were there for the Halloween Treat, I was dressed as Cruella. The first time we rode she commented that she liked me hair and did I want to switch. There was no line so we went right back on and she asked why I was still there and why didn't I get a life.

We only got to ride it once, and at the end, we got to Roz, and just looked at her, waiting for something to happen. She said, "What are you waiting for, an autograph?" so I said, "Yeah! Can I have an autograph?" and Roz said, "NO!"
It was very funny

My son had a birthday button on and Roz wished him a happy birthday, and she also commented one time on me having to ride all by myself. We think that ride is so much fun with Roz's comments! They are almost always taylored to our family by identifying something someone is wearing or doing in the car. :rotfl2:

Dukland said:
We only got to ride it once, and at the end, we got to Roz, and just looked at her, waiting for something to happen. She said, "What are you waiting for, an autograph?" so I said, "Yeah! Can I have an autograph?" and Roz said, "NO!"
It was very funny

haha, everytime i go, Roz always says, guy in the 3rd row, do you want to trade glasses? The first time i was there... everyon in my car stared at me... it was pretty freaky...

the 2nd time i went, same thing except i said sure... then she was like... nevermind, mine are better :P

Albort said:
haha, everytime i go, Roz always says, guy in the 3rd row, do you want to trade glasses? The first time i was there... everyon in my car stared at me... it was pretty freaky...

the 2nd time i went, same thing except i said sure... then she was like... nevermind, mine are better :P
These personal comments are HILARIOUS! I just figured they were pre-recorded somehow, and someone just selects one by typing in something like 'red hair', and she'll make a comment about red hair. But it sounds like she really responds to your follow-up comments as well. What a HOOT! :rotfl:

She told our car something about the woman in the 3rd row having cute kids, and I automatically said thank you thinking we were the only ones in our cab. Well, there was a 3rd row, and it did have a mom with her two cute little kids! I guess I ought to be grateful Roz didn't call me a bonehead or something. I wish I'd said, "Hey! What about my kids?!" :teeth:

I have been on the ride all of twice.

1st time: Roz said to my dad:

"Hey there handsome. I'll be in your closet tonight. *bats eyelashes*"

2nd time: She said to my mom:

"Do ya need a leash controlling that little monster? I got one that's only a bit gnawed. *to me* I'm watching you, kid. Allllways watching you..."

Funny.

THere is someone watching you at the end. After they "decontaminate you" you will see a camera that has a light that turns on and off. If you look at the camera when the light is on often Roz will direct her comment to you (at least this happens with me and my dd.)

When we went thru Roz said " hey lady in the 2nd row... I like your hair!".

man! Now I wish we'd ridden it more just to hear what else she'd say. We certainly could have done it - there was no line at all!

There definately has to be cameras in Roz cause when I went onto the ride, I had my video camera out :blush: Maybe I wasnt supposed to have it out, but no one said anything. But when we passed Roz, she said "OH LOOK, ANOTHER CAMERA, JUST TAKE A PICTURE IT WILL LAST LONGER".

:rotfl: There must be someone behind the camera waiting with a list of things to say. How else would they know? The same as Turtle talk with Crush I guess, how they have the 2 windows on either side of the big tank. Its so they can see you, before they call you the little gromit on the front lilly pad with the red lid on the noggin.

So, is it someone with a mic and some sort of voice manipulation machine that makes the CM sound like Roz or Crush? Or is it a really cool voice computer thing that sounds like Roz or Crush talking with inflections and all by having a CM type stuff in? They'd have to do some pretty fast typing, though, to have those responses. I'm guessing it's a machine that makes all voices sound like those characters.

First time I rode Roz said to my sister and I, "Young ladies in the third row: Are you two twins?" It's funny because we always have people ask us that and we're not (I actually have a twin brother, ironically enough).

Second time we realized the light before was the trigger and we were waving and going crazy so she would comment to us. She said, "Young ladies in the third row, need a little attention?"

Too funny. I love that ride. It combines classic dark ride elements with new technology for just a great experience. Classic storytelling - I actually feel like I'm in the movie, which is they way it should be.

I finally realized...after about 10 times on the ride...that Roz actually directs her comments to someone and they aren't preprogrammed. Last ride we were in the second row behind a guy and two kids (we=me and DH). Roz said "Hey lady is that your husband? Better keep an eye on him because he was making goo goo eyes at me." We laughed a while on that...I picked on DH for making "googoo" eyes at Roz. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter