Monsters Inc Laugh Floor "That Guy"

I've been "That Guy" Three times now. Once back when the show first opened (05 or 06? can't remember) and twice in the last couple of years.

All three times I was in the middle right hand side (facing the stage). I am a big guy with a big mustache (and now a big beard), so, I really stood out.

I also got picked to talk
to "Mac and Jeeves", but, we were on the left hand side that time. And I was picked to be "Sully" once. I think it's the beard.

(I'm NOT Santa...I'm GRUMPY!)

The reason why That Guy always comes from the right side is that that video sequence of Mike is pre-recorded with Mike viewing the guy from a certain angle.

In all my times I’ve never noticed a pattern. It’s clearly picked by someone so probably a lot of subjective factors. I’ve never been picked but my daughter was Boo last time!

I was "That Guy" once, and I had a really good time playing around with the cast.

On that trip, we were sitting in the third row on the middle right area in front of the stage. The rest of the times we have been there, we've sat more toward the back, so I don't know if your location has something to do with it.

I got a nice "I was That Guy at the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor" sticker from one of the CMs after the show was over!

Alternative method: ride a dozen times in a row, stare directly at the camera, and mug like your life depends on it. Out of 13 ride-throughs last year, my buddy and I were the rebel spy a combined 9 times. It was great. :darth:
Where is the camera on Star Tours that takes the picture for the Rebel Spy?

I was "That Guy" once, lots of fun. After the show several people said hello, later in the day I got recognized at a gift shop.:earsboy:

Don't know but good luck. My DD wants to ride the tea cups with Alice so I feel your pain.
My daughter got to do that back when she turned 16. We had already been in the park for a couple of hours when my daughter says she wants to ride Dumbo. We were walking over to Dumbo and as we past the Tea Cups Alice was just standing there. No handler or anything and there were no guests around. So my daughter went up and asked if she wanted to ride the Tea Cups and she said YES! They got in a Tea Cup and had a pretend tea party while the ride was spinning. It was the best Disney Magic my daugther ever had. This was several years ago in September when the crowds were low. So you never know when it may happen.

I get accused of having a secret relationship with Alice. On 2 different occasions I have been sitting alone near the Teacups waiting for my DGF to go to the restroom or grab a snack and Alice (by herself, no handlers) has come up and started talking to me. So now, when ever we see her, in person or on TV, it's "there's your girlfriend!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter