Monsters, Haunted Houses, Scare Zones and more. HHN 30 fun trip.

They do such a nice ‘show’ in that process. Was surprised my youngest DS on last trip elected to buy one in the specialty store He wanted a specific handle & blade length. Nice to have options!

Did he buy one of the Legacy Lightsabers at Doc Ondar’s? They have a nice selection. Those are very collectible with Star Wars fans.

i wondered about the melting factor too, no idea Tho

The Droids are all plastic so I would be concerned about those in the heat of a closed vehicle. Would be interested if anyone has had issue with that.

It would be nice If Disney uses a High-Performance thermoplastic that’s heat resistant. They use that in aerospace applications. That type of plastic wouldn’t be an issue.

Monday, September 20th continued

Back to the building process of the Lightsaber and Droid.

I had done research on the internet and YouTube about the LightSaber building process. I knew exactly what I wanted the Lightsaber to look like when I arrived. It made making the Lightsaber a lot easier.

While I was waiting with everyone to go to Savi’s that morning I did a little research on the Kyber Crystal colors. This is the color your blade will be when activated. You are required to pick a color during the building process.

The most popular colors chosen are green (Luke Skywalker, Yoda) or red (Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren) so I wanted to pick another color that was not often chosen.

After reading about Mace Windu a fiery Jedi Master I knew I wanted the color of his Saber Blade Purple.

There are limited colors to choose from when building a Droid. They have all the color possibilities on the wall as you wait in line to pay. You only have a choice of a BB8 or a R2 unit, but you can mix colors to your liking. There are a number of R2 head caps to pick from. If I remember correctly there are more possible choices for part color combinations with the R2 units.

No matter what you choose you will have a great time watching your family build one or building one yourself.

After I completed building the Droid it was almost time to check into Olga’s Cantina. I had to stop and ask a CM were it was. The only writing on the buildings is in Aurebesh (Star Wars written language). I checked in and was lead to the far side of the bar.

There are a limited number of tables around the wall inside Olga’s. Those seemed to be occupied by larger groups and families. Everyone else was standing around the bar.

There is a 45 minute time limit you are aloud to be in Olga’s. The bartender Austin was awesome. He was fast, knowledgeable and tactful when it came to easing patrons out when their time limit had been reached.

The folks that where on either side of me when I arrived at the bar must have reached their time limit because the Austin asked if they would like to take the remainder of their drinks in to go cups at one point. Ok, so now I had figured out how he nicely was nudging his customers with
out saying your time limit is up you have to leave.

I guess I would have a hard time with that considering couples are spending 2 to 3 hundred dollars on drinks.

I had also read that you were required to buy at least 2 to 3 drinks, but Austin did not say that to me. Or I could have had that look on my face that said “Nana is here to sample some drinks”.....LOL...whats that saying “Go big or go home”....LOL...It was my vacation and I was enjoying myself.

Austin let me know there was storage for the Lightsaber and Droid box in front of me under bar area.

So with packages stored I was ready to order. After a quick peruse of the menu I was ready.

For my first drink I ordered the Cliff Dweller in the souvenir Porg Mug. It did not have any alcohol in it. It contained citrus juices, coconut, hibiscus grenadine and ginger ale. It was very tasty. When you order the drinks in the specialty mugs you given a boxed one to take home with you.

1119F4BC-DFD0-445F-8DBE-0E9B9EDFDF88.jpeg

I also ordered Oga’s obsession which is like a jello concoction. It was Minute Maid lemonade, cotton candy flavor, blueberry popping pearls and bursting dried fruit mixture (like popping rocks candy). This was good.
D378C15F-B477-49E4-9D60-B9F694288CE4.jpeg

FF953D26-01CE-4D44-8E4A-327F3C0D5B21.jpeg

My next drink was a Carbon Freeze which is Powerade lemon lime, wild strawberry, blueberry and green apple popping pearls. There is no alcohol in this. The dried ice at the bottom of the glass caused the bubbling and foam at the top. It was ok.

336BC6CB-2DAA-4BF1-97C9-206B56FB483A.jpeg

Austin put a little cup of the Buzz Button Tingling foam in front of me to try. It is the foam they put on top of the Fuzzy Tauntaun drink. I had read about this. It’s makes your lips and mouth go mildly numb.

C21D3DAE-D713-44B3-8A83-6E3F0E8EA9E0.jpeg

I dipped the tip of my spoon in it and tried it and I was not a fan. It had a nasty caustic taste. I could not imagine ordering a drink with that on top. He told me it was plant based.

I looked down the bar and there were a couple people drinking the Fuzzy Tauntaun and they were laughing at the numbing sensation of their lips and tongue. Maybe it was just me. Disney had really done some thinking outside the box on that drink for sure......LOL

My next and last drink was the Yub Nub. Yub Nub means freedom in Ewok. On the outer surface of the mug there are Ewoks portrayed in the battle for their home planet of Endor. It had Malibu Pineapple Rum, Sailer Jerry Spiced Rum, Citrus juices, Passion fruit and was served in a Endor Mug. Again Austin gave me a boxed Endor Mug to take. The drink was very tasty. The alcohol content in this drink was generous and the mug was cool.

3079E627-821C-4293-BBF8-AE7BAA971277.jpeg

BD47226A-3BBC-4514-82E9-6A49BCDC14A9.jpeg

4EC28186-6260-4F32-BCB9-583F882666C1.jpeg

You do not have to take the mugs on the Clift Dweller or the Yub Nub to try those drinks. You can have the drinks without the mugs. The cost of those particular drinks with the mugs are a little costly because you are getting the mugs with them. The mugs are collectible as are the drink coasters with the Star Wars fans.

While I was standing there enjoying my last drink Austin asked me the and the couple next to me if we wanted some coasters and we both said sure. He gave us both 5 coasters each. That was so nice of him.

I had read about and seen on YouTube the Rancor Tooth beer flight. This is a stand with 4 Rancor Tooth cups that have different beers in them to sample. Austin showed me the set up and said I could purchase them with out the beer. It was a bit heavy and I already had another stop planned to pick up another Christmas present so I didn’t think I could comfortably carry that extra package weight out to my car along with everything else. So I had to take a pass on those.

0BEB1A5C-58E9-4BAA-B2AB-69308050682B.jpeg

I had been watching my time and knew my 45 minutes would be up soon. I asked Austin to settle the bill. He had been a wonderful bartender. Not sure what the Star Wars term for bartender would be on Batuu, but he was awesome. I paid my bill and tipped him generously. He had gone above and beyond.

It was loud and the scenery inside Olga’s was Interesting. Austin was great and informative. You could tell he wanted everyone to enjoy their time in Olga’s. The drinks were overall pretty good.

There is limited seating so you will be standing at the bar most likely. This can be a bit rough if you have been walking all day. It is air conditioned so it is a nice reprieve from the heat and humidity outside. A definite thumbs up for this experience.

If you are a Star Wars fan this would be a must do on your bucket list of Star Wars things to do.

I did enjoy the experience, but it is one of those things I could do once and be fine with it. Although if the planets aligned correctly and my family’s vacation schedules worked out, and we could get ressies. I would treat them to the experience at Olga’s for sure.

Last edited:
Awesome pictures
Great clarity in them

You have a good eye for taking pictures to share with us
Many thanks!

Yes, that’s the name of the shop! He was torn between two of them, settled upon a nice one.

Lol I love how you sampled everything at Olgas! Good for you, life is short. You can request a table when checking in, however; it can really extend your wait.

i don’t get the allure of the tongue numbing drinks there either.

Olga's would be on our radar if we do a Disney day!!!! Great pictures!!!! I love a good fruity drink as well.

Super cute looking droid.

Somehow, I missed a notification that you posted an update.

Wow! Those castle photos are amazing!!

Very cool experience at Olga's! And a successful day at Hollywood Studios, thanks for sharing it!

Yes, that’s the name of the shop! He was torn between two of them, settled upon a nice one.

Yes, they do have some nice Legacy Lightsabers to choose from. Glad to hear he was able to find one he liked.

Lol I love how you sampled everything at Olgas! Good for you, life is short. You can request a table when checking in, however; it can really extend your wait.

I did enjoy the drink sampling. Your right, life is short and we should all lived it to the fullest for sure.

When the CM lead me to my position to stand at the bar I asked about the table seating and just like you, she told me it would be a long wait. I didn’t want to add anymore time to my day at that point.

Thank you for the information on asking for table at check in. If I go back with family getting a table would be nice.

i don’t get the allure of the tongue numbing drinks there either.

That Buzz button Tingling foam really tasted bad. I don’t get it either.

Olga's would be on our radar if we do a Disney day!!!! Great pictures!!!! I love a good fruity drink as well.

Thank you. You would enjoy the experience at Olga’s. They have a nice selection of drinks to explore.

Somehow, I missed a notification that you posted an update.

Wow! Those castle photos are amazing!!

Very cool experience at Olga's! And a successful day at Hollywood Studios, thanks for sharing it!

Thank you Lori. So glad your enjoying the report and pictures.

Your trip is coming up soon. I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful time.

Monday, September 20th continued

After I left Olga’s my next mission was to go to Doc Ondar’s Den of Antiquities and purchase the Count Dooku Lightsaber my grandson had wanted in July.

Doc Ondar’s is not a large store inside. It can be congested at times. Last year there was a line to get inside.

A frieze inside the door of Doc Ondar’s of a battle between the Jedi and aliens.

DC104BA7-7A6D-4189-A54B-4E5FEDE9F5B3.jpeg

74CEB1BF-8049-4A41-B455-2A3989E2455E.jpeg

56178AA7-93A8-4FAE-A4F2-9135C4F24F3F.jpeg

D26DE5CE-CC0D-4078-9478-63650103908F.jpeg

There was a line to view the glass case that held the Legacy Lightsabers.

CFA3EDDB-77EE-4E79-9655-B726712F3B26.jpeg

F66A7CB4-2268-4FCF-9383-D6CE7F7FE73E.jpeg

What is a Legacy Lightsaber. It is a collectible Lightsaber that belonged to some of the major and minor characters in the Star Wars Universe. Like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Count Dooku, Imperial Guards and others.

When it was my time to view the Lightsaber case I noticed that the Count Dooku one was not there. I asked the CM about it and she said they no longer had it. I texted my grandson and asked if he had another choice. I sent him a picture of what they had and he chose The Kylo Ren Lightsaber.

I was told by the CM that certain Lightsabers are made in limited quantities and are retired after they sell out.

The Lightsabers are sold in nice heavyweight decorative protective plastic cases.

The glass blades are sold separately and you have a choice between a 28 inch blade if I remember correctly and the longer 36 inch blade. I bought the 36 inch blade. The blades are sold in a protected sealed box.

So I bought the Kylo Ren Lightsaber, 36 inch blade and a red Kyber Crystal.

I took a few pictures in Doc Ondar’s and with the Savi’s Lightsaber slung across my back, the Droid in its carrying box and a Legacy Saber and 36 inch Lightsaber blade I was off.....LOL

Doc Ondar over seeing the events in the shop.
44551774-1061-491D-8E5B-731220CFD7C9.jpeg

heads of various beasts of the Star Wars Universe.
C93EB63E-C1F2-4BB9-8C2E-A2DD7B38C6B7.jpeg

The blue milk comes from the Bantha which is the one in the upper right corner. They were a animal native to Tatooine.

045264FF-3D0E-4B54-884D-24CF441E0590.jpeg

I noticed that Kat Saka’s popcorn was opened. This had been closed every time I had been to Galaxy’s Edge before.

I went into the Creature Stall shop and bought Great-Granddaughter B a Porg Puppet. It was really cute and it came in a creature crate.

I had two more items to pick up and I was done.

I stopped by Docking Bay 7 to purchase a spork. This is a utensil that is used to eat food on Batuu.

My last purchase was the Sebacc card game which was a card game played through out the galaxy.

I had completed my fun day at Galaxy’s Edge and I had accomplished some serious Christmas Shopping. So laden with my packages I tracked to the SUV.

I was tired and ready to get back to my room at Portofino.

After arriving back to by room at Portofino I decided to take the Saber blade out of the box and connect it to the Kyle Ren Lightsaber to make sure it worked. I had purchased my son a LegacySaber and 36 inch blade last year and did not do this and everything was ok.

I got everything connected and the blade would only light up on the tip and an area close to the hilt of the Lightsaber. I had a defective blade. Not only that, but the Lightsaber would not fit back appropriately in the decorative plastic case. Also the CM did not put my receipt in the bag.

So I packed up the Lightsaber and blade and headed back to Hollywood Studios. Thankfully I still had my parking receipt in the SUV If you have paid for parking it is good at any of the parks until they close that day.

I parked and hiked into Galaxy’s Edge. I went to the cashier and told them about the blade not working, the issue with not being able to get Lightsaber back in box and not getting my receipt.

Long story short. They could not find my receipt, they did get me another box for the the hilt and did replace the blade.

I asked the CM to take the new blade out of the box and make sure it worked and she did. She looked at me and said, we always tell everyone who purchases a Legacy Lightsaber and blade to test the Saber and Blade before they leave Doc Ondar’s. I shared with her that this was the third time I had bought a Legacy Saber and blade and no one suggested I test them before I left including this time.

Sadly she became argumentative with me and I was a little stunned by this. She went and got the store manager and I explained the situation. He apologized made sure the hilt was placed in another box that fit. He offered to give me another new packaged Lightsaber, but I declined because I knew this Lightsaber worked and now I had a working blade. I did not want to have another round of issues If another Lightsaber did not work.

I shared all of this so if anyone else buys a Legacy Saber and blade from Doc Ondar’s make sure to unbox everything and put it together and make sure it works. I know this is a pain, but well worth it. Also make sure they put the receipt in your hand or in the bag.

The manager looked for my receipt in the system and said he could not find it. At this point I was tired of the situation and just wanted to be done with it. I thanked the manager and CM for getting the new box for the LightSaber and the new working blade.

I was on vacation and did not want to ruin what had been a pretty fun day at Galaxy’s Edge. I knew there were going to be some happy smiling faces on Christmas Eve when these gifts were opened and that was what really mattered to me.

So off I was back to my SUV in the parking lot.

I stopped by Portillo’s for a roast beef sandwich on Turkey Lake Road.

Then back to my room at Portofino.

I stowed my purchases in the closet and took a nice bubble bath and got my jammies on, called my hubby to tell him of by Adventures of the day.

I watched a little television then it was time for bed.

To be continued

Last edited:
The Savi’s Lightsaber I built. You get a nice case holder for it included.
8CD71DDF-08A2-406B-90E9-675CEBCC8439.jpeg

The Porg Puppet
87716D37-D2AE-4C66-905E-BE37A53853F2.jpeg

824D81BE-21FE-4E94-8A16-B2969CA1277E.jpeg

Sabacc card game
C711E1C9-DAC8-466B-95D9-122212759967.jpeg

Spork from Docking Bay 7 and a Batuu metal gift card you can purchase at Droid Depot.
1D6000B9-A631-4441-A12B-A95FA870920A.jpeg

Kylo Ren Legacy Lightsaber
BD543B3A-9E36-4DEF-9CE4-EF3E6FDC490E.jpeg

Droid
A65628C6-FA16-49E1-8993-FCB3A6AA835C.jpeg

Hope this helps with some ideas for gift purchases for the Star Wars fans in your family.

Last edited:
Long story short. They could not find my receipt, they did get me another box for the the hilt and did replace the blade.
that is unacceptable. What has happened to the legendary Disney customer service? A real shame. Glad it did work out in the end.
The Porg Puppet
So cute, I don’t recall seeing them on any of our visits.

that is unacceptable. What has happened to the legendary Disney customer service? A real shame. Glad it did work out in the end.

Not sure what’s going on with customer service either.

I just wrapped those purchases for Christmas.

So cute, I don’t recall seeing them on any of our visits.

If you enter the market place by the entrance close to the bathrooms go to the right side of the market to the Creature Stall. The puppets were on the very back wall. They had other creature puppets too. In addition to moving these puppets also make the creatures sounds. They are really cute.

The Savi’s Lightsaber I built. You get a nice case holder for it included.
View attachment 621238

The Porg Puppet
View attachment 621239

View attachment 621240

Sabacc card game
View attachment 621241

Spork from Docking Bay 7 and a Batuu metal gift card you can purchase at Droid Depot.
View attachment 621242

Kylo Ren Legacy Lightsaber
View attachment 621244

Droid
View attachment 621247

Hope this helps with some ideas for gift purchases for the Star Wars fans in your family.
My lightsaber from Savi’s also has a violet crystal however different hilt.

You got some really nice gifts Robo! Your family members will cherish them :love:

Stinks about the bad customer service....not very magical of them...
Glad you got it all sorted in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter