Monsieur Paul was a huge disappointment, Jiko for the win!

So looking forward to trying Jiko! Menu looks fantastic. Glad we canceled MP. I don't do well with poor service.

Glad to hear, we doubled up on Jiko reservations when we couldn't decide between MP and Flying Fish.
We just got back and did the same last week! Went to Jiko for the first time on Tuesday and it was such an amazing experience (and had the most wonderful server, Lisa C.) that we returned Thursday and requested Lisa again! Got to try different things each time which was great because it was so hard to choose. Hands down best restaurant at Disney and perhaps anywhere...

We were disappointed with Frontera Concina. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with it - food was fine, service was good, location is nice - I was just expecting something a little more interesting from Rick Bayless.

Same here. Also wasn't expecting it to be so DARK and LOUD, even early in the evening. Food was nothing special AT ALL.....

Disney Springs we didn't care for the Boathouse. It was loud and the food was meh. We had the "award winning" BBQ. They need to give that award back. Maybe it's because we are from the Chicago area and have the BEST BBQ available to us. Frontera was AMAZING! We ate outside and left in a food coma

What's the amazing Bbq you experience around Chicago? I'm yet to be blown away myself here.

jiko is my favourite restaurant in the world. been to some pretty nice places (just went to a restaurant once voted the best in the world 'the fat duck') and jiko is still favourite.

jiko is my favourite restaurant in the world. been to some pretty nice places (just went to a restaurant once voted the best in the world 'the fat duck') and jiko is still favourite.
I can't say Jiko's is my favorite restaurant in the world but I do enjoy it:).
What's the Fat Duck's current menu like or rather what did you have?

Last edited:
You picked a good one there. I did actually have it years ago when my brother lived in Plainfield. It seems to be really hard to make BBQ at a mass scale, which is why I never get it when I go on vacation, and why I just bought a smoker myself and haven't really gone out for it at all recently.

That's our favorite. It seems to be a big thing to smoke around here. I even know a guy who made his own smoker from a big steel drum It's like an all weekend/beer drinking event to have BBQ around here. LOL

I’ve seen unfavorable reviews about Monsieur Paul lately. Not everyone is going to love a restaurant, but I wouldn’t risk paying those prices for a place with such spotty reviews.

IDK about Jiko. We hated Boma and the food that we got from the South Africa booth at F&W. I’m not sure if it’s the cuisine or Disney’s take on it that we dislike.

Jiko is definitely one of our favorite restaurants there.
We've eaten at Monsieur Paul and never had a bad meal or bad service. It has been exactly what you would expect at a Signature restaurant. I think some of the bad reviews are because the peolpe didn't like french food (and some may have been a legitimate bad food or service)
We have tried Citricos as well and the food was average and the service average at best. My wifes words as we left - we don't need to do that one again.
Did Boma for breakfast and loved it.

I can't say Jiko's is my favorite restaurant in the world but I do enjoy it:).
What's the Fat Duck's current menu like or rather what did you have?
all sorts of weird things...snail porridge, hot and cold tea, plenty of things with liquid nitrogen! to be honest with so many courses i cant remember now! have you been?

all sorts of weird things...snail porridge, hot and cold tea, plenty of things with liquid nitrogen! to be honest with so many courses i cant remember now! have you been?
No I haven't but have certainly heard of it:). The hot and cold tea is a relatively easy intro to a type of molecular cookery that I've made at home during a friend's challenge (sorta like a book club in the kitchen, LOL). Some day I need to get there.

I have eaten at the restaurant of one of his contemporaries- El Bulli. Also an amazing experience but no longer in operation.

I’ve seen unfavorable reviews about Monsieur Paul lately. Not everyone is going to love a restaurant, but I wouldn’t risk paying those prices for a place with such spotty reviews.

IDK about Jiko. We hated Boma and the food that we got from the South Africa booth at F&W. I’m not sure if it’s the cuisine or Disney’s take on it that we dislike.
This is the video that decided me to get an ADR for M. Paul.........yessssss I was going to go eventually any way but it was nice to see 2 people, one with a definite leeriness about French food, enjoy their meal, see the surroundings, plated food and service.

Helped ease the qualms of the man who doesn't like "stuffy" restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter