• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monsieur Paul or Bull and Bear

ForceofWill

Mouseketeer
So for our upcoming Christmas trip, we'll be doing 10 park hopper days during a 12 night stay(I say this to preface that I won't be missing out on park time). One of the days my Dad will be driving up from south Florida to hang out and agreed to watch the kids while we had a date night. The Wife is a huge seafood lover but not the biggest fan of steaks. We're both pretty adventurous eaters and I tend to order more venturesome dishes when I can instead of just steak that I could get at home. I have both of these reserved currently but I'm leaning more and more towards Monsieur Paul. Epcot is her favorite park and I feel like it would be a great experience.

For those of you that have eaten there, what would you recommend considering she would be getting a fish entree at Bull and Bear if we went. Also, does anyone know if I can order cocktails at Monsieur Paul? I'm not a wine person at all, I'd much prefer a Manhattan or Old Fashioned.

We have eaten at Monsieur Paul and it was a great experience. It’s a price fixe menu and there is a fish and also a meat course. My wife doesn’t eat meat and they happy gave her 2 fish courses. I did the lobster salad to start, the sea bass in puff pastry and the lamb. All outstanding and a great server. It can be a longer experience if you wish but they will go at your pace we sat at 6:30 pm and they gave us a great window table so we asked them to take it slow and during dessert we watched the Epcot fireworks from the restaurant at 9pm. The whole meal is an experience from the welcome drink to the little “gift” they give you when you leave. Never have done bull and bear so I can’t compare just give you my experience
a few photos for you
300F1393-ECC7-4873-9942-3C3B82AB4FB02023-06-17_18-25-40_883.jpegAE7A2BB7-4ACF-4236-9E56-27D54A833D572023-06-17_18-55-14_707.jpeg0EE5219F-0301-4F84-A361-41D6FCD074532023-06-17_19-40-06_529.jpeg8B6CC22A-12BA-43A4-94FF-135CA334B6912023-06-17_20-20-29_345.jpeg

I had a no kids date night at Bull and Bear last November. I had heard so many good things and we were also on a longer trip so felt like exploring. But honestly, we didn’t love it. The food and service was fine, just not sure we liked the setting and overall vibe all that much. The restaurant was very dark, or at least where we were sitting. I’m sure the Waldorf has some redeeming qualities but it felt pretty sterile? I think B&B may be better for hard core steak folks, which isn’t quite us. It gets great reviews so I think we’re in the minority though!

We have not tried Monsieur Paul so I can’t provide a fair comparison, but it’s definitely on the list. It would be a better date night for our vibe, I think.

Unsolicited opinion, we’ve had a handful of off property date nights, Capa at Four Seasons, Bull and Bear, etc, and while we like trying new things, each time we’re reminded how much we truly enjoy Disney’s offerings/settings and find ourselves often wishing we were at a resort or park somewhere.

Last edited:
I’ve only had Bull and Bear but I can’t recommend it enough. We actually didn’t even have steak, they make an amazing fried chicken. Also loved the Cesar salad (which they make table side) and the lemon dessert.

I had a no kids date night and Bull and Bear last November. I had heard so many good things and we were also on a longer trip so felt like exploring new things. But honestly, we didn’t love it. The food and service was fine, just not sure we liked the setting and overall vibe all that much. The restaurant was very dark, or at least where we were sitting. I’m sure the Waldorf has some redeeming qualities but it felt pretty sterile? I think B&B may be better for hard core steak folks, which isn’t quite us. It gets great reviews so I think we’re in the minority though!

We have not tried Monsieur Paul so I can’t provide a fair comparison, but it’s definitely on the list. It would be a better date night for our vibe, I think.

Unsolicited opinion, we’ve had a handful of off property date nights, Capa at Four Seasons, Bull and Bear, etc, and while we like trying new things, each time we’re reminded how much we truly enjoy Disney’s offerings/settings and find ourselves often wishing we were at a resort or park somewhere.

I'm kind of leaning the same way. We have a Ruth's Chris by us that is excellent with amazing service, so I feel like Bull and Bear wouldn't be far off from that experience.

For those of you that have eaten there, what would you recommend considering she would be getting a fish entree at Bull and Bear if we went.
First let me be clear that I'm a huge fan of Bull & Bear. We dine there probably once a month and love it. Yes, they always have at least one fish entree on the menu there. We've been with friends that have had the fish and they really enjoyed it.

Having said that, in your case I think I'd stick with monsieur Paul for that occasion.

I’ve only had Bull and Bear but I can’t recommend it enough. We actually didn’t even have steak, they make an amazing fried chicke
Yes, that fried chicken is amazing!!!!

Also love the pasta explosion appetizer. :)

We have eaten at Monsieur Paul and it was a great experience. It’s a price fixe menu and there is a fish and also a meat course. My wife doesn’t eat meat and they happy gave her 2 fish courses. I did the lobster salad to start, the sea bass in puff pastry and the lamb. All outstanding and a great server. It can be a longer experience if you wish but they will go at your pace we sat at 6:30 pm and they gave us a great window table so we asked them to take it slow and during dessert we watched the Epcot fireworks from the restaurant at 9pm. The whole meal is an experience from the welcome drink to the little “gift” they give you when you leave. Never have done bull and bear so I can’t compare just give you my experience
a few photos for you
View attachment 806251View attachment 806253View attachment 806254View attachment 806255

Great to know they'll offer two fish courses, I think that will basically seal the deal for us. We have a 5:30 res so should have plenty of time and still possibly see the new fireworks show without the kids! I'm definitely liking the look of those lamb chops.

I adore Bull & Bear (worth noting it's currently under renovation and serving in an alternate space) -- but that said, I like steak (and potato, LOL) and really enjoy the tableside preparations for things like the casesar salad, fried chicken, and famous lemon dessert. I've not dined at M. Paul, but sounds like you might enjoy that more. And hard to argue with exiting to either fireworks or an almost empty World Showcase. If not tied to a park, Flying Fish might also be worth a look. Hope you have a great time!!!

I adore Bull & Bear (worth noting it's currently under renovation and serving in an alternate space)
Actually, the renovation is finished and they are back in their regular spot. We dined there last week.

Any noteworthy changes? Menu, decor, other?
Nothing "in your face" different. Some brighter colors and new tables/chairs/benches. Same staff. Same food. Although then did introduce a baked potato and a few other things. We stuck with our usuals though. Just as good as ever.

Monsieur Paul has such a nice location. It’s sort of romantic, especially at dusk/sunset, being up high seeing the people below and the park. Food has always been good too.

The pasta explosion appetizer is the best thing I've ever eaten. I crave it regularly and can't wait until we go back.
Yes, it is amazing. Next visit is this coming Friday and I can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter