Monorail Tour

TN Davy Crockett

Earning My Ears
One of the things my family did when I was a child was to do a monorail tour on the evening we arrived at WDW and before we hit the parks the next day - it was always a nice, relaxing time and built up the anticipation of the parks the next day. Staying on property, we usually just use the buses all the time now. I would like to pass down this tradition and take my son on a monorail tour the night we get there, but I wasn't sure what the best strategy might be. Here's my thoughts so far.....

1. Ride bus from POR to MK entrance
2. Ride ferry from MK to TTC
3. Ride the resort loop around and back to the TTC
4. Ride the monorail to Epcot (the loop around Future World is so cool at night)
5. Ride bus from EPCOT back to POR

What do you guys think? Should I consider a different order? Is there a more convenient way to this? Any opinions and suggestions are appreciated.

I cannot improve on your plan. Someone else may choose a different route if he had less or more time to do the tour.

(Oops, I noticed you used the word "best." But I don't have time now to brainstorm and defend an alternate strategy.)

If you have the time and inclination, perhaps a boat from MK to WL, and a boat back to either MK or CR to continue the Monorail loop. It would add an hour or more to the excursion, depending on how much time you spend exploring WL.

I wouldn't recommend it on a cold and windy evening, as the boats to CR and some to MK are open-sided.

Also, as you may know, you now need to go thru Security when transferring from bus to other modes of transit at MK, and each time you enter a Monorail station at a resort.

Last edited:
Another option would be walk from the MK bus stop to CR and start your monorail tour there.

What a great tradition. Going to add this to list to do on our next trip if we have time.

or...
1. Take the boat from POR to Disney Springs
2. Bus from DS to WL
3. Boat from WL to CR
4. Monorail from CR to TTC
5. Do the complete Epcot loop back to TTC
6. Either continue on the resort loop to MK or take the Ferry to MK.
7. Bus back to POR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter