Monorail To Epcot

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
We are having character breakfast at Contemporary then going to Epcot. Can we leave our car at contemporary and take the monorail to park?

We are having character breakfast at Contemporary then going to Epcot. Can we leave our car at contemporary and take the monorail to park?
You probably can, but out of consideration for guests who are staying at CR or who have later dining reservations and also need to park in that small lot, it would be better if you moved your car after your meal.

It’s often posted here that there’s a 3-hour limit for parking for dining reservations, and there are some reports of cars being towed, but not many. There are also reports of success doing as you want to do.

Where are you staying? From the post it’s unclear if you are looking for convenience or to avoid a parking charge

Technically, you are not supposed to park at the hotel unless you are staying there or have a dining reservation (and then you are only supposed to park there while you are dining.) Would they know that you left after your ADR and went to Epcot? Unlikely, but possible. Would they tow your car? Again, unlikely but possible.

I have anxiety and I spend way too much $ on our vacation to worry about my car getting towed because I skirted a rule. I’d pay to park at the TTC, which would take longer in the morning but would actually be faster when you leave because you don’t have to change monorails. It’s a drop in the bucket of overall Disney costs, and it’s peace of mind for this rule-follower!

My understanding is if you valet at CR, you can leave your car as long as you'd like.

BUT, I would offer this as an alternative... park at TTC (assuming it's open), monorail to CR, breakfast, monorail to TTC, then monorail to EC. Here's why... at the end of the day, in order to get back to your car at CR, you're going to monorail back to TTC, have to change monorails, then monorail all the way around to CR (along with all of the other guests going from EC to GF and CR). If you're parked at TTC, you just get off the monorail and head toward your car.

Or, park at CR, have breakfast, then drive to EC and park there.

I personally would be too worried through the entire day if I self parked at CR and just went to a park. I know people have said they've done it, but I'd still be wondering if my car would be the one the tow, and we wouldn't know until the very end of the night.

While not CR, in Feb. we had a dinner ADR for Narcossee's at the GF gate we were given a paper to put in our dash with a time stamp on it and were told to park by the wedding pavillionish area. I definitely would not have chanced going to the parks. Could we have tossed the paper sure but then our car would stick out as all the other cars had them. I think resort guests pay so much to stay at the MK and EPCOT resorts that I would be irate if I couldn't park at the resort I was stay at.

It always sounds fun to take the monorail but just remember that you will then have to take the monorail all the way back at the end of the night. If you have a car I would just drive. It is the most convenient and fastest.

I'd park @ the TTC, take the monorail or boat across to the CR, monorail to the TTC, transfer to the Epcot line, and return to the TTC at the end of the day.

Boat (ferry) to MK and walk over. It's really the same thing, from my perspective, given the ferry dock location

Don’t be “that guy” that takes up a parking spot all day when not a guest of the resort you’re dining at, especially the CR! That lot is very small and we’ve driven all over looking for a place to park when it was time for our ADR and when we’ve been a guest there. I’d either drive and take the monorail from the TTC or ride share and then take the Epcot monorail. You. Hold easily ride shar back to your resort (and may be less than parking fee at the TTC).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter