Monorail - Riding up front

Lainy67

Mouseketeer
Can you ride up front in the monorail only on the "express" monorail between TTC and MK, and the TTC / Epcot monorail? Or are you allowed to ride up front on the monorail that goes between the resorts on the MK loop? I would love to take a complete loop on one, but think it would be neat to see the starting and stopping. Plus, we have dinner plans at Ohana on Sunday, and will be at MK before that, so might want to try it once in daylight and once at night.

Thanx

You can ride up front on any of the monorails, but if you are riding the resort monorail, you may be asked to move if anyone is waiting for the front seat when you arrive at a resort.

In other words, if you board the resort monorail at the TTC, and there is a party waiting at the Polynesian for the front car, you may be asked to move.

What our Cast member told us was that if we were willing to wait for the Grand Floridian's "color" (yellow that day) monrail, we were guaranteed the complete loop back to the GF. In about 15 minutes, it showed (after letting two more -- blue and red, if recall) go by and we rode the whole thing.

The colors refer to the stripe on the sides of the train.

Don't forget to ask for Monorail Pilot Licenses when you finish!!

Thank You Thank You Thank You. We are so excited, especially my hubby who SO VERY BADLY wants to ride up front. He definitely needs the pilot liscence!!!! He will probably have it framed!

We are going to try this on our arrival day since we have nothing else planned that day. We have PS at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and then we hope to catch the front car from CR and go as far as we can and then we will move to another car to get back to CR if needed.

We ride upfront every trip. Last trip (just a few days ago!), my sister and I rode from the Contemporary to the Grand Floridian with a couple from New Jersey. They were also repeat guests of the Grand Floridian, and had stayed at other resorts, so we all had a nice conversation. :) It was dark, so you really couldn't see too much outside, though (it was around 11PM).

I've never riden in the front of the express or Epcot monorails, I'll have to make sure to do that next time!

last sept. we rode up front a bunch of times (we were there the week of 9/11 and the place was pretty empty) both resort and epcot.

the epcot ride is great! i took some nice pics of us! and you can get a really good pic of the epcot ball from there too!

We rode in the front of the monorail this trip too! Just ask a CM when you first enter the boarding area if it is available. We had a nice talk with the pilot from the Contemporary (where we boarded after dinner), to the MK. We try to do this at least once each trip!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Even tho' we don't have kids, my hubby is a major fan of riding up front in the monorail (of course, I am a monorail fan too...one of my favorite pins in my collection is a pair of Monorail Pilot wings). Sometimes you have to wait a bit, but it's worth it. We love chatting with the driver, and we've met some pretty wild fellow tourists up there too!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We seemed to get the front every trip last August. The kids loved it. It made me a little motion sick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter