• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail loop if you don't have WDW tickets

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
We're planning a girls' trip for some 50+ sisters, and I thought it would be a fun to ride the monorail loop one day. We have reservations for Afternoon Tea at GF, and I thought this would be a fun thing to do while we digest.

This is a Dark Side trip, since my sis has never done the HP stuff and wants to see that, so no WDW tix. Will we be able to board and ride the monorail just for experience?

Thanks all!

Two weeks ago we went to Disney Springs, walked around a bit, played at the Lego Store, got on a bus to the Contemporary, got on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, got on the ferry to Fort Wilderness, took internal buses to the campfire then a bus back to Disney Springs. 2 kids said the monorail was their favorite part of the day and the other picked the ferry. I have been wanting to do this for awhile but was always nervous that Disney transportation is for guests staying on property but no one even batted an eye at us. Our next adventure might be to see if anything can be seen from the monorail during Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.

We do a monorail loop day on every trip and visit all the fun lounges! Last time we started with Cali Grill brunch. Then went to Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand. Then walked over to the Poly and checked out Tambu Lounge. Then Wilderness Lodge to check out Geyser Point. Then boated to Fort Wilderness and went to Crockett’s Tavern. Then we went back to the Contemporary and watched the fireworks from the Cali Grill balcony. Finished it off with a nightcap at the Wave :)

No tickets required! Took a full day. We do it every trip and it’s one of my favorite days!

We do a monorail loop day on every trip and visit all the fun lounges! Last time we started with Cali Grill brunch. Then went to Mizner’s Lounge at the Grand. Then walked over to the Poly and checked out Tambu Lounge. Then Wilderness Lodge to check out Geyser Point. Then boated to Fort Wilderness and went to Crockett’s Tavern. Then we went back to the Contemporary and watched the fireworks from the Cali Grill balcony. Finished it off with a nightcap at the Wave :)

No tickets required! Took a full day. We do it every trip and it’s one of my favorite days!
That is probably the best 1-day Disney itinerary I've seen. In or outside the parks. Well done.

Saving this for the future- awesome itinerary!

Even though we have FL resident AP's, we always do a non-park day during the holidays to see the resort decorations. The monorail loop is always great fun! It is so pleasant to take all the time you want to enjoy the decorations and snack your way around each resort. Then boat over to WL to sit in lobby a while and take in that amazing tree. We have done this for years and no one has ever said a word to us. We think of the monorail and the boats as additional Disney attractions that don't require a ticket to enjoy. Be sure to stop in the shops at each resort. They have some unique items that you cannot find anywhere else on property. :)

After you have had Tea ........ take the free boat trip ....... then the Monorail &

after that go through the G.F. and head again for the Boat Ferry Dock BUT stop at the Horseshoe seating area

and watch the Fireworks ........ then go back & catch bus home

They have never asked for proof of tickets or room reservations on the WDW transportation. Anyone can use any of the boats, buses, monorail.

:worship: That's even better than drinking around the world showcase...you got a ride everywhere you want to go! How do you get to Wilderness Lodge? Is there a boat from MK? We're staying at Poly this June for the first time and were planning a monorail tour day one so I'll definitely make a few of these stops! :drinking1

:worship: That's even better than drinking around the world showcase...you got a ride everywhere you want to go! How do you get to Wilderness Lodge? Is there a boat from MK? We're staying at Poly this June for the first time and were planning a monorail tour day one so I'll definitely make a few of these stops! :drinking1

Yeah, there is a boat outside of the MK that will take you to Wilderness Lodge.

Yep! We either boated, monorailed, or walked to all the resorts!

A public transit fanatic can ride all day on the buses, monorails, and boats without ever buying a Disney park ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter