• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail from parking strcture?

albianne

Mouseketeer
If we park in the lot, can we catch the monorail from there or do we have to take the shuttle and does the shuttle only go to the front gate. Just wondering if there is any quicker way to enter the parks (to avoid the line-ups) if you already have your tickets,

albianne said:
If we park in the lot, can we catch the monorail from there or do we have to take the shuttle and does the shuttle only go to the front gate. Just wondering if there is any quicker way to enter the parks (to avoid the line-ups) if you already have your tickets,

There isn't any monorail pickups from the DLR parking structures/lots. The only stop the monorail makes from Tomorrowland is Downtown Disney, on the Disneyland Hotel side.

There are a couple of shuttles that take you to the resort. The Mickey and Friends parking structure shuttle drops people off at Downtown Disney, near the security lines. This is on the west end of the resort. The other shuttle, which I believe is the Lion King/Timon parking lots (I'm not sure of the names) drops you off at the transportation area which also serve various shuttles and vans for off-site hotels. This area is on the east side of the resort.

Since both drop off areas are on either side of the parks, you have to walk a minute or two to reach security and then to the entrance of both DLR and DCA.

Since you already have tickets you'll be able to bypass the longer lines of having to purchasing them and just wait in one of the lines to enter the parks. The wait isn't too bad.

Another option you might want to try is to use the monorail to enter the park. If you park at the Mickey and Friends parking structure, walk west through DTD and you'll see the monorail entrance on the right side. Unfortunately, you'll be at the mercy of when the monorail comes around to pick up passengers and you might be waiting for a while.

My own personal suggestion is to go early and enter through the main gates.

Anyway, whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time!

For me, if I arrive before park opening or don't have a lot of stuff with me, I use the trams. Otherwise, I take the walk over to DTD and take the monorail in. Bag check goes much quicker at the monorail (plus, they never try to give us any problems with bringing in sodas or blankets/tarps etc..., unlike the bag check at the main gates).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter