• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail Drink-A-Thon

Hey - just found out that the site that has the Drink Around the World Showcase passports (www.DrinkAroundtheWorldShowcase.com) now have a personalized passport for the Monorail Drink-a-Thon! They look pretty darn cute, and are free except for shipping and handling... Will definitely enhance our upcoming trip! :thumbsup2

Hey - just found out that the site that has the Drink Around the World Showcase passports (www.DrinkAroundtheWorldShowcase.com) now have a personalized passport for the Monorail Drink-a-Thon! They look pretty darn cute, and are free except for shipping and handling... Will definitely enhance our upcoming trip! :thumbsup2

ooooh! Thanks for sharing that. Can't use it this upcoming trip, unfortunately...but I am sure we will use it in the future!

8 more sleeps til I am in THE WORLD! DH, DD and I are staying at The Dolphin for 3 nights. We are going with another family (not as into cocktails as we are, but that's ok) and doing MNSSHP the first night, Epcot and Biergarten the next day...and the following night our DD is spending the night with them in the camper at FW while DH and I enjoy the inaugral Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Classic! So that night, DH and I *will* be getting our "drink on!":banana:

ooooh! Thanks for sharing that. Can't use it this upcoming trip, unfortunately...but I am sure we will use it in the future!

8 more sleeps til I am in THE WORLD! DH, DD and I are staying at The Dolphin for 3 nights. We are going with another family (not as into cocktails as we are, but that's ok) and doing MNSSHP the first night, Epcot and Biergarten the next day...and the following night our DD is spending the night with them in the camper at FW while DH and I enjoy the inaugral Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Classic! So that night, DH and I *will* be getting our "drink on!":banana:

Have an awesome time - that sounds like a great itinerary. Be sure to post about the Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Classic - I've been wishing I could try that, but it is a long jaunt from the west coast!

Have an awesome time - that sounds like a great itinerary. Be sure to post about the Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Classic - I've been wishing I could try that, but it is a long jaunt from the west coast!

Thank you! Yeah, there is actually a few threads on the restaurants board, and also resorts...some of us are a little concerned because it is open to EVERYONE (I didn't know that when I booked it) and while a wristband for unlimited tastings is $50 (we will have a wristband, but it is basically costing us $10 each...we are paying $149 a night at the Dolphin, but the night of the classic we are paying $169 and getting 2 wristbands) we then found out that anyone can walk up and buy tickets for items (for instance, the 3 oz filet from Shula's will be 4 or 5 tickets).

One of the reasons we don't do Party For The Senses anymore is it got really crowded (and more expensive...and we felt lesser quality items) ...I don't do F&W Fest for the same reason...I hate to wait in line for a tiny morsel of food. It's bad enough at a buffett, but at least at a buffet you can pile your plate high (geez, I sound like a pig, don't I?LOL)

Also, it will only be 6 restaurants (all from the S/D) and they will each only have ONE item. You can have as many as you want...but I was hoping for a little more variety.

Of course, there will also be unlimited booze, so I will definitely get my money's worth!!!:yay:

here is the link I was looking at. Check out the pictures.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/...-from-the-swan-dolphin-food-and-wine-classic/

After I have a few glasses of wine, I am sure I will be gutsy and stagger up to the Blue Zoo booth and order 5 of those appetizers. Seriously, if I have to wait in a line longer than 3 people for THAT tiny thing, I will not be happy! DH and I were going to this and considering it dinner, but we may have to rethink that. Then again, he could just get 4 of those filets and call it a night.

I am just hoping that since the S/D is a convention hotel, they will have thought this through and they understand crowd control!

Sorry so chatty...that's how I get right before a trip! I love the planning and thinking about *almost* as much as I love the trip itself!:lovestruc

The monorail has 4 stops. Three of the four have places with booze. One of the four is 99.9 percent dry -- there is only one place to get booze and its pretty hard to get in. (Plus, you probably wouldn't want to go there if you've been drinking heavily at the other 3.) QUOTE]

I'm just curious which is the one place that you are talking about?

I *think* it was discussed later in the thread that lark was thinking of Club 33, which is actually in Disney LAND, not World. But I am not sure and I don't feel like looking thru all the posts.

Also, The Monorail has 5 stops...right? Including the TTC? MK, TTC, CR, Poly and GF. TTC is pretty darn "dry"" too!:goodvibes

Can't believe this thread is still going, LOL. So many memories buried in this thread :)

Hey there Dagny, how the heck have you been???
Wow, one of the original Monorail Drink-A-Thoners:drinking1:drinking1
I was just at Disney a couple of weekends ago with Beth and Aiden!!

Hey there Dagny, how the heck have you been???
Wow, one of the original Monorail Drink-A-Thoners:drinking1:drinking1
I was just at Disney a couple of weekends ago with Beth and Aiden!!

Awww, I miss Beth and little Aiden! How are they doing?

Hi again Lynn! Hi Dagny!

Ok, quick trip report, mainly booze related for this thread.

Thursday-Checked into Dolphin, room 6082, nice view of the fountain (which wasn't running, because the bottom of the fountain was the stage for the band that played for the 1st annuals S/D food and wine classic) and the lake and ToT in the distance.

Had a few vodka/clubs in the room and on the way to MK, where we did the MNSSHP. Got back to the room at 1:30 a.m.

Friday, met friends at Epcot and did all the fun stuff there. Not too crowded (although certainly not empty. Got a FastPass for Soarin at noon, said come back between 5:30 and 6:30...Yikes!) Had an Oktoberfest beer at Germany around 3pm, then a Kirin in Japan, then back to Biergarten for our dinner reservations and the beer flight. Park was SUPER busy after 5pm. I mean...if it had been that busy when we first got there, we would have left. Crazy busy!

Saturday visited our friends at Ft Wilderness...wow, I am in love with that place! Now I want a camper! Anyway, guys hung out at the pool, girls did a canoe ride. Left DD to spend the night there, and DH and I went back to our room at 4pm to get ready for the Food and Wine Classic, held on the "causeway"between the S/D.

I won't do that event again, although maybe next year they will have the kinks worked out. A wristband for unlimited tastings was $50 (and boy would I have been mad had I paid that!) but we basically got them for $10 each. I had the teacher's rate at the Dolphin, $149...but on that night we paid $169.

Anyhoo, we started at about 6 pm. The line for the 3oz Shula Filet was literally 60 people deep. The sushi was chilled, I hate cold sushi, reminds me of supermarket sushi. Ketel One had a booth and I was so excited, but they did some novelty cr@p where ther made a "chocolate martini" into little frozen balls, like dippin dots ice cream (if you know what that is.) I waited in line for 15 minutes and ended up throwing it away.

Best booth was the Sqaure One Vodka, where two bartenders were having a showdown. The girl bartender's drink was the best...I love drinks w/savory herbs. Hers had rosemary and some other herb...and something sweet (sorry, I can't remember) and while it was good, it was a sample size.

Finally, DH and I looked at each other and said, "Lets go to a lounge! I just wanna relax and drink and eat!"

So, about 6:45, we went to Il Mulino. I had a great cocktail...something that usually comes w/gin, but I subbed vodka. It had thyme in it (again with the savory herbs in cocktails...I love it!) and some strawberry something. DH had a mojito. 2 drinks...$28!:eek: I have the TiW cared...but still...dayum!

Went to BZ, had apps and a hibiscus mojito.

Sunday was an early lunch at Portobello at DTD and spicy bloody marys!

Anyway, sorry to be so chatty...just wanted to relive the experience a bit! Maybe the F&W Classic at the S/D will be better next year.

Have a magical day, everyone!

Beth's doing great!!
She has a new man in her life!!
(Besides Aiden)!:love:

Oh wow! I had no idea she was even divorced!!!!! I am so clueless these days... how sad :(

WLL, thanks for the trip report - i was wondering how the S/D Food and Wine was going to go! I stay there all the time so hopefully, it will be better next year!

Oh wow! I had no idea she was even divorced!!!!! I am so clueless these days... how sad :(

WLL, thanks for the trip report - i was wondering how the S/D Food and Wine was going to go! I stay there all the time so hopefully, it will be better next year!

Dagny-I just love the Swalphin! Yeah, sounds like there will be some celebrity chefs there next year. Thing is, they leave it open to EVERYONE! So, if you pay $50 for a bracelet/wristband, you are waiting in line with someone who wants to pay a few dollars for a sample for something and then go on with their evening. There are definitely some kinks that need to be worked out.

Any of the L.O.T.W. going to be there next weekend?
Beth and I are going to start at the French Quarter pool bar (Hi Shelly), then take the boat to DTD and stop at the Margarita stand, then grab the bus to the monorail and do our resort hopping before crawling, i mean heading back to FQ.:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Any of the L.O.T.W. going to be there next weekend?
Beth and I are going to start at the French Quarter pool bar (Hi Shelly), then take the boat to DTD and stop at the Margarita stand, then grab the bus to the monorail and do our resort hopping before crawling, i mean heading back to FQ.:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Ohhh, wish I could be there, lynn! Will you please report back here after your trip with a review...and maybe pictures??

We just booked a cabin at FW for May...going with another family, requested a cabin next to their RV. Also have DVC points rented for a 4 night stay at BLT in Sept. I only have a few more hotels (Poly, GF, CBR and AS) to achieve my goal of staying in every resort at least once.:banana:

Have a chance at Bay Lake Tower points. Wouldn't THAT be awesome? I could stumble right to my room!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter