Monorail currently unavailable

bkfamilyof5

Mouseketeer
we are at GF and on our way to the bus stop to go to AK. As we walked past the elevators there was a sign saying the monorail is currently unavailable. They are bussing everyone to MK, Epcot and the monorail resorts. Not a good week for this!

Too common. It's well past the point where access to the monorail should be considered a perk of staying at one of the resorts on the monorail. If anything, it's a hindrance not a perk. Because when they have to do something to replace it, it's way worse than just using the bus at another resort, where they are used to them.

Not sure i understand this :confused3. Every resort has buses to at least some destinations. How can the MK area resorts not be used to them?

Too common. It's well past the point where access to the monorail should be considered a perk of staying at one of the resorts on the monorail. If anything, it's a hindrance not a perk. Because when they have to do something to replace it, it's way worse than just using the bus at another resort, where they are used to them.
If guests should stop expecting a monorail, then Disney should probably stop pricing for it.

Not sure i understand this :confused3. Every resort has buses to at least some destinations. How can the MK area resorts not be used to them?
What's not to understand?
Used to staffing/dispatching them to get guests to the parks they don't usually have them going to. The existing levels used to go to HS or AK won't also service Epcot and AK

Okay, its more difficult. But the MK area resorts are accustomed to buses to and from parks. Just not typically (but not never) to MK and Epcot.

If guests should stop expecting a monorail, then Disney should probably stop pricing for it.
I'm pretty sure they do not price FOR the monorail. Heck, rooms at the Garden area at CR are as low as any other Deluxe.

I'm pretty sure they do not price FOR the monorail. Heck, rooms at the Garden area at CR are as low as any other Deluxe.

How are the garden area rooms at the CR??? I have always wanted to stay there but never have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter