• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mondays still the worst?

Just had a very nice dinner and cocktails at Catal. We’re getting ready to head into DL as we have LL for HM and BTMR. We’ll see how it goes. Earlier today HM had a standby time of three hours. Ridiculous. We had a LL this morning for Soarin. The LL time was about forty-five minutes. No thanks.

Love Catal! I really want to try the limited holiday paella. It sounds amazing.

Just had a very nice dinner and cocktails at Catal. We’re getting ready to head into DL as we have LL for HM and BTMR. We’ll see how it goes. Earlier today HM had a standby time of three hours. Ridiculous. We had a LL this morning for Soarin. The LL time was about forty-five minutes. No thanks.
On Monday, our BTMR LL line extended CLEAR past the EXIT! Every LL line was outrageous and rides broke down often. However, I do have a tip for breakdowns. When you see it down on the app and don’t mind waiting around in the area, be there when they reopen. We did that Monday for Rise (15 min wait) and Web Slinger (walked right on, twice.) Cars didn’t open until about 10:30 yesterday and we were one of the first ones on. That was probably luck but again, we were in the area and they removed the ropes lol

Just waited ten minutes for our LL on BTMR. 👍👍 Now waiting for HM in a few minute. Very happy with the speed of BTMR.

I'm tentatively planning the last week of October Tuesday and Wednesday. Hotel prices are through the roof. There's a big convention in town. I booked the hyatt with points. My other option is the first week of December Monday and Tuesday again high hotel prices due to a convention. It's weird with conventions back in full swing hotel prices and point availability are cheaper on the weekends and during the holiday weeks in December, but I assume the parks are more crowded on the weekends and the week before Christmas.

You can't really gage how crowed the parks are going to be by hotel prices it a all seems to be driven by the conventions. For example Halloween weekend and day are the cheapest.

We are staying Sun, Oct 30 and Mon, Oct 31st at DLH and then moving to GC on Tues, Nov 1 until Sat, Nov 5th. Since we have 5-day PH tickets, my plan was to go to the parks Sun and Mon and take Tuesday off on our GC switch-over day and then finish out Wed, Thur and Fri at the parks, but is this foolish? Are we much better off taking Monday off because of the short DCA hours (OBB) and because it's a Monday in October? The reason I originally had us going on Monday is so that we could make sure we got the full Halloween experience on two days, but do y'all think the crowds will be much worse on Mon (Halloween) vs Tues?

Monday October 17th was the lightest crowd day for us out of our entire trip.
I think that was a rare quiet Monday.

Historically Halloween has been pretty quiet during the day but busy at night. Hard to say what will happen this year though because it’s been extremely busy lately.

Last year Nov. 1 was totally dead, but again, that might not repeat this year. It’s hard to say. Capistrano Unified School District (south Orange County) has this day off school (same as last year).

@crazycatlady, I would just go on the day that works best for you and fits best with your plans. It’s too hard to guess what the crowds will be like these days.

Last edited:
We are staying Sun, Oct 30 and Mon, Oct 31st at DLH and then moving to GC on Tues, Nov 1 until Sat, Nov 5th. Since we have 5-day PH tickets, my plan was to go to the parks Sun and Mon and take Tuesday off on our GC switch-over day and then finish out Wed, Thur and Fri at the parks, but is this foolish? Are we much better off taking Monday off because of the short DCA hours (OBB) and because it's a Monday in October? The reason I originally had us going on Monday is so that we could make sure we got the full Halloween experience on two days, but do y'all think the crowds will be much worse on Mon (Halloween) vs Tues?

I can’t speak to the Monday issue, but you might not want to have your nonpark day be the day you will be “homeless” for the middle of the day.

Great advice everyone! Thank you so much! Limace, I did not even think about that issue! We don't usually change resorts partly through a trip and when we do it has always been on a park day, so it didn't even cross my mind that we would have no where to hang out during the day.

Does anyone know if DLR will transfer our bags to the GC for us or do we have to take them over ourselves?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter