Monday Morning Drive From Glendale to Disneyland

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Hello!

If we are staying at the Glendale Express Hotel tonight, what time should we head to Disney in the morning if we want to be at the parking garage when it opens and waiting at the turnstiles 45 min to an hour before the park opens at 8? Which parking garage should we choose?

We normally stay across the street, but this trip was not planned very far in advance!

One more thing: If the queue for ROTR opens at 7, and we have to be scanned into the park to join, how on Earth is that possible?

Thanks a million!

I’ll wait for someone more familiar with Orange County traffic to chime in on when to leave, but you only need to have reservations to Disneyland as your starting park tomorrow to be able to try for RotR boarding passes at 7am. You only need to have been actually been inside the parks to try for the noon boarding passes.

I would start checking Waze or Google maps two hours prior to the time you want to be at either Mickey & Friends or the Toy Story parking lot to see how long it will take to get to the parking structure, especially since you'll be going during morning traffic.

You don't need to be in the park to try for a boarding group, just need reservations for that day. Make sure you're on the Disneyland app, and make sure that it's up to date so you don't get any delays. Also, make sure all the tickets are loaded on whatever app you're going to try to use to get in.

Hello!

If we are staying at the Glendale Express Hotel tonight, what time should we head to Disney in the morning if we want to be at the parking garage when it opens and waiting at the turnstiles 45 min to an hour before the park opens at 8? Which parking garage should we choose?

We normally stay across the street, but this trip was not planned very far in advance!

One more thing: If the queue for ROTR opens at 7, and we have to be scanned into the park to join, how on Earth is that possible?

Thanks a million!

There are four ways via the freeway you can take to get to Disneyland. The 5 freeway may be the fastest, but if traffic is bad and the low amount of Carpool lane could make the trip longer.

10fwy to the 605fwy South to 5 Fwy is a second option, BUT their carpool lane is metered.

Look at the 134 Freeway to 210fwy to the 605 South to 5fwy. Carpool lane the majority of the way.

Finally, you can go the back way 134 Freeway to 210fwy to the 57Fwy exit Ball RD or Katella. Carpool lane the majority of the way as well.

Easiest thing to do is use Google Maps before you leave and see which is way is best as they will show you multiple options and give you the best one.

You DO NOT have to be in the park to get the ROTR BG if Disneyland is your first park. Just follow the ROTR tips on this forum and you should be fine. Even if you have to do it in your car.

If you are near the parks before they open, I would recommend parking over at GardenWalk and then walking over to the Harbor Entrance. Just know that parking is slightly more expensive, but at least you will be parking before the Disney lots are open and avoid a lot of the hassle.

Personally, I would leave at 630am-640am. You should arrive in the resort area by 720am, park at GardenWalk. Then walk over to the Harbor Entrance

ME

I second Garden Walk Parking, as it's open 24/7 and you could get there as early on Monday morning as you would like to avoid rush hour traffic.

They have increased their prices, used to be $18 and currently it's $25. Upon entry, text your parking ticket # and text them AA (Anaheim Attractions pricing) to 949-532-8293. Do not wait as you're leaving the park, as at times this process will take about an hour or so and if you leave before they validate it, you will be charged the maximum daily parking charge of $30.

The Disney on-site parking (Mickey & Friends, Pixar and Toy Story) are all $25 too but they open roughly an hour before park opening and don't let cars to que up at the entrance.

Which is why for that same $25 at Garden Walk (after the discount validation), you can arrive real early. Eat breakfast at one of the Harbor restaurants and easily walk through the Harbor entrance.

Best of luck!

I second Garden Walk Parking, as it's open 24/7 and you could get there as early on Monday morning as you would like to avoid rush hour traffic.

They have increased their prices, used to be $18 and currently it's $25. Upon entry, text your parking ticket # and text them AA (Anaheim Attractions pricing) to 949-532-8293. Do not wait as you're leaving the park, as at times this process will take about an hour or so and if you leave before they validate it, you will be charged the maximum daily parking charge of $30.

The Disney on-site parking (Mickey & Friends, Pixar and Toy Story) are all $25 too but they open roughly an hour before park opening and don't let cars to que up at the entrance.

Which is why for that same $25 at Garden Walk (after the discount validation), you can arrive real early. Eat breakfast at one of the Harbor restaurants and easily walk through the Harbor entrance.

Best of luck!
Hello! We already bought a parking voucher thru the Disneyland app. Can that be used at Garden Walk, or will we need to purchase a whole new pass and waste the $25 we already spent? Thank you in advance!

Hello! We already bought a parking voucher thru the Disneyland app. Can that be used at Garden Walk, or will we need to purchase a whole new pass and waste the $25 we already spent? Thank you in advance!
That can only be used at the Disney parking lots

That can only be used at the Disney parking lots
Okay, thank you! Would it help us get in faster if my husband were to drop me off with the kids and THEN park? Or is the preferred parking worth it? We are used to getting to the turnstiles 45 min to an hour before opening. Thanks again!

Garden Walk Parking is not Disney owned, so it's a separate charge.

Since you have a time crunch with the Glendale drive, I'd park at Garden Walk this go around and save the Disney parking voucher for another time.

Although, if this will be your only visit to DLR, then I'd just use your Disney parking voucher at one of the Disney parking lots and skip Garden Walk.

We are used to getting to the turnstiles 45 min to an hour before opening.

Keep in mind that there are no trams from the Mickey and Friends/Pixar Parking Structures. So you'll have to walk the full length of Downtown Disney to get to the Esplanade.

The Toy Story lot, you got the mad rush on the early buses but atleast you get through security checkpoint at the parking lot.

If time is important, I'd still use Garden Walk Parking.

Garden Walk Parking is not Disney owned, so it's a separate charge.

Since you have a time crunch with the Glendale drive, I'd park at Garden Walk this go around and save the Disney parking voucher for another time.

Although, if this will be your only visit to DLR, then I'd just use your Disney parking voucher at one of the Disney parking lots and skip Garden Walk.
Next time we will be staying on-site. Which lot is better: Mickey or Toy Story? And what time do they open? I have read 90 minutes before opening but also heard 30 minutes.

Time wise, it would be Mickey over Toy Story from everything I've read.

Best practice for your situation would be to have your husband drop you and the kids off on Harbor, as soon as you get there. Then let him deal with parking.

Then plan to meet somewhere on main street, since you won't be getting much further with the 8am rope drop.

Next time we will be staying on-site. Which lot is better: Mickey or Toy Story? And what time do they open? I have read 90 minutes before opening but also heard 30 minutes.
I parked in toy story yesterday and they opened it at 7am. They allowed cars to line up at the booth around 6:45. I was parked by 7:03. Was able to get on the first bus. Not sure about the structure.

Smart of Disney to try and stop people from choosing to park in a non-Disney and most likely better parking option for early morning guests.
I am thinking that is more for the prior AP holders that had parking as part of the ticket or the people that like to pay ahead for things. I typically get parking vouchers for other parks when available (like Knotts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter